Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by BLI-Flyer
If you're using a windows computer, download primopdf. It installs as a print driver and "prints" whatever you want to a pdf file.
Originally Posted by Easy Victor
What form of proof did you submit your mileage to Cap One? Was it a screen shot, printed from the web, or hard copy that you had mailed to you? Just wondering what's acceptable to CapOne...
Is there a reason that some of you want to convert your mileage statements into pdf documents? (I don't know much about computers, pdf, and so on - so I would not be taking a pdf route.) And some of you have mentioned taking screen shots - instead of simply printing out the statement directly from the webpage.

I was planning to simply print out my mileage statement from the AA website using my home printer, then FAX or mail it in. I'm assuming that route is OK; am I correct?

Last edited by muji; Mar 18, 2011 at 11:42 pm
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:50 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by muji
Is there a reason that some of you want to convert your mileage statements into pdf documents? (I don't know much about computers, pdf, and so on - so I would not be taking a pdf route.) And some of you have mentioned taking screen shots - instead of simply printing out the statement directly from the webpage.

I was planning to simply print out my mileage statement from the AA website using my home printer, then FAX or mail it in. I'm assuming that route is OK; am I correct?
From what has been passed along by those upgraded early birds, fax or mail, yes.

I believe PDFs are the only format accepted online? Yes? No?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:51 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
or better yet, relax!! knowing that we are probably ahead of a lot of others who just saw the ads on TV. We have all applied, so we just have to wait and see. Geesh!
just wait and see!
Guess this is what happens when they put a cap of "one billion miles" on.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, No other status for now..
received and activated my card.. now i'm just waiting for that email about where and how to send my miles statement so i can get matched..
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: AA
When were you approved?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:56 am

Also just received my credit card in the mail.
But no passcode so far ;-(

Applied for the card on March 10th and was approved on March 15th.
Just called the CSR and she said that it will take 7 - 10 business days after account was approved to receive the passcode.

Last edited by ElvinW; Mar 19, 2011 at 10:25 am
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by ElvinW
Did you receive an email beforehand that the card was on the way?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:49 am

So I have my passcode and am ready to submit my miles. Just not sure which ones to submit. My concern is related to this quote from Gleff's discussion with Cap1 :

"[T]he customer needs to be a co-brand airline credit cardholder and needs to send us their airline card rewards statement."

Now I understand that the general consensus is that an airline miles statement is all we need and all miles will count towards match. But what if the statement shows no credit card activity and I don't have a card? Seems like a small risk.

Here are my options.

UA : >>100k balance. No card activity for 8 months. Card canceled.

CO : ~50k balance and have card, but could xfer in UA miles to get 100k. But then my activity would just show 50k bonus and 50k xfer.

AA : ~78k balance. Activity looks good with credit purchases.

Which would you choose?

---Lawnboy
Old Mar 19, 2011, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by ElvinW

Applied for the card on March 10th and was approved on March 15th.
Just called the CSR and she said that it will take 7 - 10 business days after account was approved to receive the passcode.
+1

I wish I had my passcode!
Old Mar 19, 2011, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Lawnboy
So I have my passcode and am ready to submit my miles. Just not sure which ones to submit. My concern is related to this quote from Gleff's discussion with Cap1 :

"[T]he customer needs to be a co-brand airline credit cardholder and needs to send us their airline card rewards statement."

Now I understand that the general consensus is that an airline miles statement is all we need and all miles will count towards match. But what if the statement shows no credit card activity and I don't have a card? Seems like a small risk.

Here are my options.

UA : >>100k balance. No card activity for 8 months. Card canceled.

CO : ~50k balance and have card, but could xfer in UA miles to get 100k. But then my activity would just show 50k bonus and 50k xfer.

AA : ~78k balance. Activity looks good with credit purchases.

Which would you choose?

---Lawnboy
Your statement doesn't have to show any earnings. They just want a statement from the last 6 months showing the current miles. Of course you send in the one with the highest total. Many have already done this. You're reading too much into this I think.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
just got my card and my wife's

we activated them and I am now going with the understanding that doing this action will generate an email that is soon to come to both of us with instructions and codes. With that, we choose whatever airline, and submit the credit card activity to them for one airline chosen.

so be it. MM
Old Mar 19, 2011, 2:57 pm
xp0

just got my cards as well. Time to activate!

Go Go power Rangers
Old Mar 19, 2011, 3:03 pm

Just received 4 cards, activated, created online accounts, waiting for the 4 codes to arrive with 4 statements printed, PDFed and ready to send them As soon as we get the codes.... : )
Old Mar 19, 2011, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa
I believe PDFs are the only format accepted online? Yes? No?
I'm not sure what you mean: the "only format accepted online".
Originally Posted by libuser
Just received 4 cards, activated...PDFed and ready to send...
And I am still unclear on the reason for converting mileage statements into pdf documents (rather than simply printing out the statements from the airline webpage). Can someone explain this?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 3:57 pm

Whats the contact number to call to check status ? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.