Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: United 1K
I also got a notification that the card was shipped yesterday and very impressed with their pro active customer service with all the correspondence I've received by e-mail and snail mail.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: RapidRewards, Hhonors Diamond, AA,WorldPerks
Flyertalk...the gift that just keeps on giving

Data point: I applied last weekend to upgrade my existing C1 card. Had to pay a $59 annual fee. If I get the extra 10K miles, great. If not, I'm okay with that because by using this card it seems like I can recoup that annual fee pretty easily with the rewards and the savings in foreign transaction fees.

I received the e-mail with the passcode this a.m. and have submitted my AA statement with over 200000 miles on it - mostly earned from AA bonuses over the last year (thank you Flyertalk). Waiting on confirmation that my miles have been "reserved."

As it is, I'm going to France in Biz Class with my mom in May (Happy Mother's Day, Mom) with the 2-4-1 on the BA deal. (Again, thank you Flyer Talk) I got the 2-4-1 by spending 30K - in part by doing the dollar coin thing. (Thank you FT!) I think the $1000 in free money that I get from this deal will pay for some museum passes, hotels, and gas.

I want to thank the Flyer Talk community from the bottom of my heart. I've taken quite an economic hit in the last few years and my travel had been cut to the bone. Thanks to Flyer Talk, I'm back to globetrekking.

Last edited by Sosiouxme; Mar 18, 2011 at 11:11 am Reason: Good grammar provides more credibility.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:20 am

How/where to do online chat?

Sosiouxme, that's a great post. Glad to hear your story.

Saw a couple folks mention online chat with Capital One, but IIRC nobody gave a link or explained where or how to do this. Google search was no help. Can't even find an online chat link in my existing Cap One account.

Can anybody help?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, CO OnePass, SPG Amex, US Airways
Originally Posted by tendi07
My datapoint: Applied for the card on 3/12, didnt get instantly approved. Called on 3/15, spoke to the CSR, had to verify my address. Called today on 3/17, the automated system said that they have received my app and it is being reviewed, and that I'll be notified at my mailing address within 10 business days. Hopefully the outcome will be a positive one....
I called today again to check my status and the CSR said I was approved!!! Yay!!! She said my account is being created today and she couldnt provide my CL info or anything of that nature. Im sooo glad that I got approved after all!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:09 pm

any mileage submission e-mails yet??
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by DBoy
Is there an easy way to save my AA account web page screen as a PDF? I've seen a few plug ins and programs that do it, but most say they won't work if a password is needed to get to the page (like my AA account).
Go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ and download/install PDFCreator. It will install as a printer. Just go to your AA account page where it's showing your balance, then print the page from your browser. Choose PDFCreator as your printer, choose where to save the file and you're done. Attach the PDF file to an email and send it off.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Is Sosiouxme the only one to actually receive the code???

fwiw, I too applied & was approved last Thursday.

Received the same email today stating the card is on its way but as most have reported, there was no code nor any mention if the mileage promo.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ucfpirate
Thanks for the number. I called and the system said my application was approved and I should receive something in the next 10 business days.
Called the number and the system says app was under review. Then connected to a live agent (bad conneciton with CS phone farm in the Philippines), which said app was approved. Who to believe/trust?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL KM
What form of proof did you submit your mileage to Cap One? Was it a screen shot, printed from the web, or hard copy that you had mailed to you? Just wondering what's acceptable to CapOne, IF we ever get "the email".

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Sosiouxme
Data point: I applied last weekend to upgrade my existing C1 card. Had to pay a $59 annual fee. If I get the extra 10K miles, great. If not, I'm okay with that because by using this card it seems like I can recoup that annual fee pretty easily with the rewards and the savings in foreign transaction fees.

I received the e-mail with the passcode this a.m. and have submitted my AA statement with over 200000 miles on it - mostly earned from AA bonuses over the last year (thank you Flyertalk). Waiting on confirmation that my miles have been "reserved."

As it is, I'm going to France in Biz Class with my mom in May (Happy Mother's Day, Mom) with the 2-4-1 on the BA deal. (Again, thank you Flyer Talk) I got the 2-4-1 by spending 30K - in part by doing the dollar coin thing. (Thank you FT!) I think the $1000 in free money that I get from this deal will pay for some museum passes, hotels, and gas.

I want to thank the Flyer Talk community from the bottom of my heart. I've taken quite an economic hit in the last few years and my travel had been cut to the bone. Thanks to Flyer Talk, I'm back to globetrekking.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:27 pm

My maximum mileage is in my Continental account at 58k. Can I transfer miles via Starwood now and get it upto 100k .. submit that as mileage proof? I don't want to transfer Starwood points if they only want my current month's Continental statement.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL KM
Originally Posted by Kal Joge
My maximum mileage is in my Continental account at 58k. Can I transfer miles via Starwood now and get it upto 100k .. submit that as mileage proof? I don't want to transfer Starwood points if they only want my current month's Continental statement.
IIRC, Starwood takes some time to transfer (around 2 weeks I believe) so you would be putting yourself in a situation where all the allocated miles they are giving away may be gone.

A while back you would have been okay as Starwood was almost instantaneous.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:31 pm

got the letter with terms and condition in mail yesterday . It says "if i am approved" .
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:38 pm

thanks for your reply Victor. I might try membership rewards then since I have 20k sitting there.. just want to get the maximum matching possible.

Originally Posted by Easy Victor
IIRC, Starwood takes some time to transfer (around 2 weeks I believe) so you would be putting yourself in a situation where all the allocated miles they are giving away may be gone.

A while back you would have been okay as Starwood was almost instantaneous.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by filelover
I have a Sony Card from Capital One. Decided to create an online account to see if the Venture card would show up like it does on Chase where all accounts linked to your Social Security show up.

It didn't but when I clicked on "Don't see all your accounts" it shows a new Visa Signature card and the last 4 of the card. I don't have any other Signature Capital one accounts so this is it. I can't add it since it asks for the complete credit card number.

I haven't been that worried about getting the points etc. but for those who have been - an additional point of assurance on progress.

Just did this for my wife's account - see the new account created there too!
Thanks! Just did this and I see my account listed as well, but can't link til I get the full account number.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I got the 'we've shipped your new Venture card' email as well.

The card was approved on Tuesday March 15th. They told me that the submitmymiles passcode email will be send about 7 days after card was approved. So I expect to see an email during the middle of next week. Can't wait!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.