Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, CO OnePass, SPG Amex, US Airways
My datapoint: Applied for the card on 3/12, didnt get instantly approved. Called on 3/15, spoke to the CSR, had to verify my address. Called today on 3/17, the automated system said that they have received my app and it is being reviewed, and that I'll be notified at my mailing address within 10 business days. Hopefully the outcome will be a positive one....
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: AA
I was someone who upgraded from a cap1 no hassle rewards card and got my passcode 3/16. I submitted my miles the same day and I think it worked since now it says your statement was accepted and we're processing your miles. They never emailed me that they accepted my statement, I just found out by logging into the submitmymiles thing. They accepted my continental onepass recent activity pdf. I had 50,132 miles from previous activity and then in February I got 50k from Chase. I then spent 100k miles on flights to Hawaii last week, but they still accepted it! Or so I think ...
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:23 am

I applied Mar 10 and yesterday got a letter requesting additional verification for SSN and address. I sent back the requested documents. Never happened before.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:33 am

Two more data points. Applied for both myself and my wife - both approved. Was a little apprehensive as we both have applied for and been approved for probably 6 cards in the last two months or so. Now just hoping that the "match" miles don't run dry before we have a chance at the trough!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:49 am

Got the card custom image approved yesterday . I guess card is in production now . Applied Mar 10th .
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I applied in the evening of March 10. Instant approval. Received a letter today with "important information, should I be approved"

Frustrated with this. I've never received information about a card without the card being enclosed. Nor have I have received "instant approval" and then had this run around.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:00 pm

Approved!

Just applied and approved online for 7.5K. Will follow for wife. Not sure if this helps but I already had a CapOne card and tried out their link which allows you to see whether you prequalify without pulling a score

https://cardfinder.capitalone.com/Ca...&ch=UNS&wtg=08

Dont know how reliable this is, except it does as for the last four of the social. I wonder if it links back to their ssn database to find existing members and gives them a preference based on their score they already have on file....

Just a thought. Goood Luck!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
My read of the T&C is that they will match the credit card spending one did during just one, and only one, month. T&C say that they'll accept only one statement. That's my read.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
My read of the T&C is that they will match the credit card spending one did during just one, and only one, month. T&C say that they'll accept only one statement. That's my read.
D we have t rehash this yet again?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by manneca
I applied in the evening of March 10. Instant approval. Received a letter today with "important information, should I be approved"

Frustrated with this. I've never received information about a card without the card being enclosed. Nor have I have received "instant approval" and then had this run around.
Same feeling here, but for a likely $1100 I can wait....^
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by manneca

I got the same package, first time I didn't get a card with a package.
I did call the number provided on the forum to check into my status and the automated system told me I am approved. So lets see how long it takes to get the card.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by xyzzy
D we have t rehash this yet again?
Won't be the last time either.

To add a data point: I applied Saturday (March 12) and was approved online. I have not heard anything from C1 since then nor have I tried calling to check the status. It's a credit card, no different than the 50 or so others I've had. I was approved. I'll get the card in the mail. Once I get the card and the instructions to submit my mileage statement, I'll submit it and get the full credit. Until someone posts something credible to the contrary, that is what I believe will happen.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Wife & I also received our "thank you" letters today. I called the #, gave my SS #, and the automated system said I was approved and my card would arrive w/in 10 days. Same results when I called on my wife's status.

We applied on 3/9/11.

The letter & disclosures also included the results of their credit pull from Experian, on 3/10, along with the actual number. Mine was a hair under 750 & wife's was a hair under 770.

Also it reiterates what we've read many times already: eventually they want a copy of "a current airline reward program statement as proof of your existing miles/rewards." My underlining.

It doesn't say they want a credit card statement.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Oh crap. Nobody pointed that out before. I stopped spending 100,000 dollars per month on my credit card about 7 months ago! What are the odds? May as well cancel my card now since it's definitely not worth the hassle of matching my average of $23/month credit card spending.
(If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. )
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by johnep1
Won't be the last time either.

To add a data point: I applied Saturday (March 12) and was approved online. I have not heard anything from C1 since then nor have I tried calling to check the status. It's a credit card, no different than the 50 or so others I've had. I was approved. I'll get the card in the mail. Once I get the card and the instructions to submit my mileage statement, I'll submit it and get the full credit. Until someone posts something credible to the contrary, that is what I believe will happen.
couldn't have said it any better ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.