Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by raghu455
Haha looks like a fellow SDer + FTer .. At least the thread over at SD is not doing so hot! We def want all the FT folks to get the deal first for sure
it looks like people who upgraded are getting passcode as of now!

raghu, did you submit the AA citibank or chase united?

what was the website to submit the miles?

what exactly did you fax? thanks in advance!
Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by cesco.g
First of all thanks to Thommy & Gleff for posting this deal! ^

Got approved instantly last night.
Now tryng to figure out, where/how to register online, wading thru 40+ pages on this tread.
Would be great, if mods could add a summary to the first post on procedures & related links, fax-no, CS # etc.
I'm pretty sure you'll receive instructions at some point.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by tormapleaf
Isn't the C1 Venture a Visa card?
so i called today and CSR said my MasterCard would stay a mastercard.

Lets wait and see.

Can the people who upgraded tell me when they received the email after upgrading????
Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by apurvaas
it looks like people who upgraded are getting passcode as of now!

raghu, did you submit the AA citibank or chase united?

what was the website to submit the miles?

what exactly did you fax? thanks in advance!
I used my chase United to submit miles. Basically took a screen shot of the mileage plus united.com home page and another shot of the my profile page in Mileage plus to show the miles and my full name. Made it into a pdf and then uploaded it on this site

https://www.submitmymiles.com/

You cannot submit miles until you get your passcode in the email.

Regards
Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by dilvala
so i called today and CSR said my MasterCard would stay a mastercard.

Lets wait and see.

Can the people who upgraded tell me when they received the email after upgrading????
Mar 11th applied and got email today the 16th. So this is the 4th business day for an upgrade customer.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA MM Platinum; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Discoverist; Avis Preferred Plus
Approved instantly. $30K line and 11.9% variable APR. I already have a Capital One card, that I've had for about 15 years, but I never use it.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
I used my chase United to submit miles. Basically took a screen shot of the mileage plus united.com home page and another shot of the my profile page in Mileage plus to show the miles and my full name. Made it into a pdf and then uploaded it on this site

https://www.submitmymiles.com/

You cannot submit miles until you get your passcode in the email.

Regards
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your post, but it sounds like you transmitted your airline miles report electronically rather than by fax or by mail. That didn't appear to be an option based on the e-mail posted earlier in this thread. How exactly did you send Cap 1 your documentation?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:13 pm

One of the options is to submit a .pdf version of an airline statement. I chose to fax mine in, and within an hour it was validated.

(I, too, am one of those who upgraded cards.)

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your post, but it sounds like you transmitted your airline miles report electronically rather than by fax or by mail. That didn't appear to be an option based on the e-mail posted earlier in this thread. How exactly did you send Cap 1 your documentation?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Yes they accept pdfs on the site. This is critical. They do not accept any other formats other than pdfs.
So it may be a good idea to prepare and keep a pdf copy of your airline miles ready to go when you do get the email.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:18 pm

It seems that all people who upgraded received their emails today. I didn't actually call to upgrade until March 13th, but received the email today just after 10AM Eastern time.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:26 pm

Your image is approved.

I just got an email from Cap1 telling me that my...image is approved.
(Well, as someone who is very proud of his appearance, I did personalize the card by uploading my picture ).

So I guess my account has been created, and I will receive some sort of email soon.

==============================================
Congratulations! Your image is approved
The image you submitted for your Capital One Image CardSM is approved. Expect to receive your new personalized card in the mail within 710 business days. When you receive your new Image Card, be sure to activate it.

It's your card, your choice. If you decide you want a new image on your card, you can change it after 30 days. Just return to the Image Card site to upload a new image.

We hope you enjoy your new personalized card.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:28 pm

point of reference, i designed my own card for it, and i got an email:

The image you submitted for your Capital One Image CardSM is approved. Expect to receive your new personalized card in the mail within 710 business days. When you receive your new Image Card, be sure to activate it.

i applied about a week ago.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Well, just to get the rabble further roused...

DW just applied and got approved, and the 160K AAdvantage miles currently in her account will allow for her to be 'matched' for the full 100,000. Yes, that is another 0.01% to be removed from the pot, in addition to the 0.01% I'm taking. So, Vikings, can't wait to hear more stories of hyperventilating calls to C1 CSRs trying to get ahead in the line for your share of 'miles plunder'.

What's in your wallet?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by LBJFlight23
point of reference, i designed my own card for it, and i got an email:

i applied about a week ago.
Got the same email today for an image card. I applied 03/11.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Yes they accept pdfs on the site. This is critical. They do not accept any other formats other than pdfs.
So it may be a good idea to prepare and keep a pdf copy of your airline miles ready to go when you do get the email.
When I sign into Mileage Plus, the main page only shows my first name with the balance in my account. When I clicked on the "My Profile" link, my full name appears in the left margin. However, when I Primo pdf the page, it will not pick up the margin. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by tormapleaf; Mar 16, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.