Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by tormapleaf
When I sign into Mileage Plus, the main page only shows my first name with the balance in my account. When I clicked on the "My Profile" link, my full name appears in the left margin. However, when I Primo pdf the page, it will not pick up the margin. What am I doing wrong?
I just took a screen shot by hitting print screen and then pasted it into a microsoft word doc. The 2007 word doc has the option to convert to pdf. So hit that and convert to pdf and that should do the trick
Old Mar 16, 2011, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by grlmopz
It seems that all people who upgraded received their emails today. I didn't actually call to upgrade until March 13th, but received the email today just after 10AM Eastern time.
Oh that is very good news for existing cap1 customers. Looks like they are prioritizing existing cap1 members as they get the $59 annual fee from us when giving away the miles and no 10K bonus.Makes sense..

So all you existing Cap1 members who have not signed up yet, you could still have a golden opportunity to get way ahead of the new apps!
Old Mar 16, 2011, 3:40 pm

I believe that existing C1 members do get the 10,000 bonus. They just do not get the annual fee waived, although they could downgrade to the VentureOne card w/out annual fee.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Hi.. I am a noob here...Please enlighten I got the AAdvantage Citi Amex card for me and wifey so we now have 35K miles each on our AAdvantae accounts through each of our cards. I was thinking of cancelling them. But now I see this. Can someone tell me, if we applied for this deal from CapOne (We have existing Capital one Visa Platinum primary and secondary), will we get 35K each more AA miles from this deal, if approved and spend $1000/90 days?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by FT-hss
Can someone tell me, if we applied for this deal from CapOne (We have existing Capital one Visa Platinum primary and secondary), will we get 35K each more AA miles from this deal, if approved and spend $1000/90 days?
N - each of the "miles" you receive from this card equates to one penny in statement credit toward travel-related purchases made on the card. A 35k in matched "miles" will result in $350 in travel-related statement credit. The 10k for applying will result in another $100.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Mar 16, 2011 at 4:18 pm
Old Mar 16, 2011, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by FT-hss
Hi.. I am a noob here...Please enlighten I got the AAdvantage Citi Amex card for me and wifey so we now have 35K miles each on our AAdvantae accounts through each of our cards. I was thinking of cancelling them. But now I see this. Can someone tell me, if we applied for this deal from CapOne (We have existing Capital one Visa Platinum primary and secondary), will we get 35K each more AA miles from this deal, if approved and spend $1000/90 days?
Please read post #1 and all will be clear. This is a "match" program. If you have 35K in your AA acct. they will give you 35K CapOne "points/scrip" that you can use to offset travel expenses charged to the new Venture card.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
If you have 35K in your AA acct. they will give you 35K CapOne "points/scrip"
No, they won't. Only if you have 35K of credit card earned miles on one statement on your AA account.

Now, has anyone figured out how to do the "one statement" thing usefully on aa.com?

On aa.com (unlike some other ailrine sites), you cannot get a custom statement showing activity over a user-specified range (or duration) of dates. You can only get one month at a time, the way aa.com divides months (the new month actually starts around the second weekend in the month).

So unless you earned those 100k miles or those 35k miles or whatever from credit card spend all in one such month, you can't do it in "one statement" on aa.com! Which implies that people who have AA accounts will only get a small number of Venture miles matches (whatever they earned from credit cards on AA during one of the last 6 months, whichever month had the most credit card earnings). Unless they had two 50k or 75k Citi AA card sign-up promos post "simultaneously enough" to show on one recent second-weekend-to-second-weekend monthly statement, they can't get close to 100k on a single aa.com statement, even if they earned 20k per month for the last 5 months from an AA credit card.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by sdsearch
No, they won't. Only if you have 35K of credit card earned miles on one statement on your AA account.

So unless you earned those 100k miles or those 35k miles or whatever from credit card spend all in one such month, you can't do it in "one statement" on aa.com! Which implies that people who have AA accounts will only get a small number of Venture miles matches (whatever they earned from credit cards on AA during one of the last 6 months, whichever month had the most credit card earnings). Unless they had two 50k or 75k Citi AA card sign-up promos post "simultaneously enough" to show on one recent second-weekend-to-second-weekend monthly statement, they can't get close to 100k on a single aa.com statement, even if they earned 20k per month for the last 5 months from an AA credit card.
This is NT correct!

Before you get peple all worked up with incorrect information, why dn't you reread what's already been posted on this?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL SM, AA, BA, WN, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
Originally Posted by JSteele
I believe that existing C1 members do get the 10,000 bonus. They just do not get the annual fee waived, although they could downgrade to the VentureOne card w/out annual fee.
When I was upgraded they told me I would get the 10K bonus and have the first year fee waived. We will see if that happens. If not, $59 for 100K miles still ain't bad.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
deleted

Last edited by thehawk75; Mar 16, 2011 at 5:48 pm
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by xyzzy
This is NT correct!
Old Mar 16, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Seriously. It can't be that difficult to do at least a quick scan through at least a few pages of this thread which would quickly show that this idea of only one month's worth of credit card spending will qualify for the match has been debunked long ago by several customer reps. Can we move on to more pressing issues...?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 6:08 pm

I got denied yesterday and wondering if anyone were able to get the approval by phone (reconsideration) after getting denied online.

Last edited by skn2n8; Mar 16, 2011 at 6:08 pm Reason: na
Old Mar 16, 2011, 6:22 pm

Programs: AMEX Centurion/Platinum, SPG Platinum, ICH Platinum, UA 1K, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold
Ok, I'm biting...

With all the information that now has been revealed, I decided to apply tonight. Instantly approved with a $30,000 CL.

My FICO credit score is somewhere over 775. 7 total hard inquiries, only 2 in the past 6 months. Debt to Credit ratioof 1%. Total personal CL of $409,500. 18 revolving accounts with 1 mortgage.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Azurik
With all the information that now has been revealed, I decided to apply tonight. Instantly approved with a $30,000 CL.

My FICO credit score is somewhere over 775. 7 total hard inquiries, only 2 in the past 6 months. Debt to Credit ratioof 1%. Total personal CL of $409,500. 18 revolving accounts with 1 mortgage.
18 live accounts is massive!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.