Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2011, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnscout
FWIW

For all the sceptics out there, just to put your mind at ease, here is the excerpt from the chat I just had with a Cap One agent.
---------------

I only copied first half of the chat. I believe it should be sufficient if any problems arise later on.
How do you do a Chat on CapOne site?

I do not see any button or window about online chat? We actually have several C1 banking accounts and always go to Online Banking by Capitalone.com

But I do not see a Chat Window.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 7:11 pm

Does anyone think I'm too late in applying for this at this point? I just realized I had 120k miles with CO from the December statement that is all spent as of now. I've watched this thread since opening but I'm divided down the middle. I'm confident I'll be approved. Not sure about the timeliness at this point.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by nowornever
BUT I don't have another 100K FF account. Only 80K on Delta. Thinking about submitting same statement twice. Wonder if it worked for anybody.
I'm wondering the same thing. Got the match on personal and just got approved for the biz card yesterday (same story for my wife). The only thing I'd be worried about with submitting the same statement as I did for the personal card would be that they wouldn't let me submit a new statement because of their "one statement" policy. One could claim ignorance and hope that they let you submit another statement with perhaps only 80K or whatever your case may be, but I would REALLY hate for them to say that I wouldn't be allowed to submit another statement and thus not qualify for any match whatsoever.

BTW, great news on being able to redeem for gift cards at $1 per 100 pts at places like Walmart and Exxon.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by nowornever
Originally Posted by flltravel
$1500 + Silver status + $200 baggage fee discount - $450 fee is a great deal! (I value 1 skymile = 1 cent)
why $1500? It should be $1100. Does Amex still have +50% bonus with MQM miles, I did it last year don't see it being current now. If you wanted to get Amex Plat anyway, yes, it's a good deal
I should have been more clear - sorry about that...

75000 Delta skymiles = $750
75000 Capital One points = $750
So total is $1500.

50% bonus with MQM miles is only for first time AMEX points transfer.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Happy
How do you do a Chat on CapOne site?

I do not see any button or window about online chat? We actually have several C1 banking accounts and always go to Online Banking by Capitalone.com

But I do not see a Chat Window.
Just go to their site, capitalone.com and start looking at all the different credit cards and eventually a "chat" window will pop up. But, be aware that what these folks tell you "may" not be fact.

I did a "chat" tonight and the gentleman told me that I could indeed get the 100K offer on the Business card if I qualified for it & if I was approved. So the Business card "match" looks real.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by scwam
Does anyone think I'm too late in applying for this at this point? I just realized I had 120k miles with CO from the December statement that is all spent as of now. I've watched this thread since opening but I'm divided down the middle. I'm confident I'll be approved. Not sure about the timeliness at this point.

Bring up the chat window on the application page and ask if the miles are reserved when you are approved. I was told by the CSR that 100K miles are reserved for you from once you are approved, then you have to send in the statement and spend $1K in the 90 day period after APPROVAL not when the card arrives.

It makes sense as Can you imagine the PR nightmare they would have if people signed up under the 100K offer and spent the 1K and then were told "tough luck , we're out of miles"
Old Mar 25, 2011, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by philemer
Just go to their site, capitalone.com and start looking at all the different credit cards and eventually a "chat" window will pop up. But, be aware that what these folks tell you "may" not be fact.

I did a "chat" tonight and the gentleman told me that I could indeed get the 100K offer on the Business card if I qualified for it & if I was approved. So the Business card "match" looks real.
silly question: Say I used my Continental for the personal card match. Can I use that same airline for the biz card match? Or do you think we'd need to use a different airline?

MM
Old Mar 25, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
silly question: Say I used my Continental for the personal card match. Can I use that same airline for the biz card match? Or do you think we'd need to use a different airline?

MM
One can always try to game the system, but officially, no you can't. If you have any considerable number of miles on other cards/programs, even less than 100K I would use it.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can one use google doc to upload the statement?

I learned about this thing very late upon our return of a Hawaii trip which we were met with Tsunami...

We are leaving for a 6 weeks trip on April 3rd and would come home May 12.

Hoping to beat the time before our departure, I applied on March 18. Hind sight I should have waited till now or even March 31 - April 1st to apply.

In comparison, the CO 50K card applied a day before this C1 card showed up in my Chase Online account 2 days after submission.

The C1 T&Cs envelop finally came today with Mar 26 date.

Called the status line and had the initial Philippines based rep transferred me to the US based agent. He told me the card was approved on March 24 so the 45 days clock started to tick. He gave me the CC number over the phone but was unable to give me the access code as it hasn't been generated yet. The only advice is to call back every day to see if the access code is generated between now and April 2nd.

Otherwise I would need to check my email account for the email to get that.

Since the Fax Number is an 1-800 number, it would not work from outside US. This leaves me the Upload or Snail Mail. I would do both just to make sure.

I made a PDF file of my AA statement and uploaded to Google Doc in my gmail account. I also would copy it to a USB drive to bring with me on the trip.

The first 15 days of our trip is on a cruise ship. I am not sure the Net Cafe on the ship would allow me to use USB to upload file.

I wonder if one can upload a Google Doc to other site, like in this process?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pierre mclopez
Technically, you can not do this.

You could get Venture acceptance, the code #, tell them you will match DL miles, then you are in the que. Apply for Amex Plat and xfr 50K to DL and get the bonus. Use this as a match. (I was able to get Venture credit for DL miles received this way).

It's a stretch, timewise, but might work.
I dont see how it would work timewise. It takes up to 12 weeks to receive the bonus after spending $1000. I spent it by 02/18 and still have not received the bonus.

Now that Amex Platinum is an excellent offer all in itself is another matter...
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:32 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by lsk4jmi
OK, this thread has gotten really huge so I apologize in advance if this question has been answered already. I did try a search but to no avail so here goes.

Are the miles to be matched ONLY from credit card spend? I have 50K bonus miles that I received on Chase Continental. Do they count?

Or, I have 100K miles that I purchased from US Air on Mastercard. I understand that what I paid for the miles would count but what about the 100K miles?

Thanks.
Numerous people, including myself, have already gotten the "your submission was received and your 100,000 miles is reserved" email after submitting just a FF statement showing total miles in account with no mention of where they came from.

FT and MP both desperately need a Wiki like SD.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by mnscout
I dont see how it would work timewise. It takes up to 12 weeks to receive the bonus after spending $1000. I spent it by 02/18 and still have not received the bonus.

Now that Amex Platinum is an excellent offer all in itself is another matter...
AmEx Platinum allows you to "borrow" (usually 50K) MR points usually immediately.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tassojunior
FT and MP both desperately need a Wiki like SD.
+1
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
I got an instant approval so it was very easy.
I also have a Citi Business account and they did ask for documentation on my last application but a brief fax showing my business (rental property) insurance was all they required for approval.
For the Business Venture, did you also put the business as rental property?
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by friedice
Applied for both, personal and biz today. Instantly approved for personal with 5k limit, and deferred with biz. I will be able to tell whether they consolidated the hard pulls, as soon as I find some free trial 3 bureau report somewhere ...
UPDATE:

My 3-in-1 credit report shows only 1 pull on each of the bureaus. Also, I got approved for the biz. So 3 pulls for 2 cards worth $1100 each in travel credit (if it works our right), not bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.