Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2011, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by iahphx
So I got my card, and applied for the "mileage match." After two days, since I received no confirmation of the match, I logged in again and got the message that my application was approved and my miles "reserved."

It doesn't say exactly how many miles they've "reserved" for me, however. I recall (many posts ago) somebody getting an email saying "we've reserved 100,000 points for you." Is that still happening? Has anyone called in to confirm their "allocation"? I'd hate for someone to accidentally reserve me fewer than the 100K I applied for.

And with this "reserved" status, can I assume there's no immediate rush to spend the $1000 to get the bonus? My wife and I each got an account and we're using it for ordinary spending (stuff that doesn't earn bonus points on other credit cards). It will probably take us a month or two to get to $1000 each. I wouldn't want them to then say "sorry, we're given away a billion miles already," but it seems with the "reservation" language that this shouldn't be a problem.

Finally, I'm intriged by the folks also applying for the biz card. Seems a little sketchy, but if they're giving away more money, I'm inclined to take it. How confident can we be that they'll give individuals the 100K bonus for each? BTW, if you're a UA or CO account holder and have a combined 100K with them, it would be very easy to have "another" program with 100K by simply switching the miles back and forth between the two programs.
all this is what my earlier post talked about.
I wish they would tell me... we approved you for 92,000 or 100k or whatever before I go get caught up in Capital Onedum. Nevertheless, I figured a couple coin purchases on both my wife's and my new cards could not hurt. Besides, not only have I been given the impression that this $1000 spend kinda triggers something, but I am also eager to just be done with this and see that I am a recipient before finding out months later that I should have done something back in March. lol
Old Mar 23, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: HHonors, SPG, ClubCarlson, AAdvantage, BA Avios, US Dividend Miles, UA MileagePlus, Delta SkyPesos
Originally Posted by LowFlyOver
3/14 Spouse & I applied for card. Instant approval for both.
3/18 Both Received disclosures in mail.
3/23 Both Received 2 emails each: 1 noting that card was mailed yesterday; 1 with the submitmymiles link. By 4:30 p.m., miles had been reserved. Waiting for card to arrive to start spending our $1,000 each....
To clarify, we both had over 100k miles in Aadvantage.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by ashprag
Can you guys please stop with all of the applying and success and all? If you have any useful information for others then please post, otherwise you are just littering this thread with useless information and people cannot find the useful information in all of this noise.

+1

Please no more repetitive "data points", they make threads miserably bloated.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by tassojunior

+1

Please no more repetitive "data points", they make threads miserably bloated.
lol not to act like that jerk from school who would slap your lunch tray up and run off but your post in itself with the +1 AND the quote to the other person's comment IS exactly what you are saying! hahahahahha
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by iahphx
Finally, I'm intriged by the folks also applying for the biz card. Seems a little sketchy, but if they're giving away more money, I'm inclined to take it. How confident can we be that they'll give individuals the 100K bonus for each? BTW, if you're a UA or CO account holder and have a combined 100K with them, it would be very easy to have "another" program with 100K by simply switching the miles back and forth between the two programs.
Sketchy how? It's a valid offer for business and personal.

FWIW and as posted earlier - I applied the same day for both. Instantly approved for personal, delayed for business. Got email to submit the docs on the personal card over the weekend and got email to submit docs on the business card a couple hours ago.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by troyb
got email to submit docs on the business card a couple hours ago.
That is great news and good enough for me.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:00 pm

Programs: Delta, Wyndham Rewards, Continental, Starwood.
Purchase Delta SkyMiles???

Got approved for the Cap 1 Venture card a few days ago, no problem. I currently have 65K Skymiles I'm hoping I can get matched by Cap 1.

Delta is currently offering a 50% mileage bonus on Skymiles purchases until March 31. At 2.8 cents per mile plus a 7.5% excise tax, I wouldn't even be THINKING about buying Skymiles, even with the 50% bonus.

However, with this Cap 1 "status match", buying some Skymiles MAY not be a bad idea.

Example: purchase 16k skymiles. At 2.8 cents per mile = $448. Add the tax, it's $481.60 for 24K Skymiles (16K purchased + 8K bonus Skymiles)

Then, Cap 1 matches these purchased miles. End result: 24K Skymiles and 24K Venture miles, total cost $481.60.

Opinions please???

K
Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:05 pm

Programs: Amex Canada Centurion (and all the fixings)...and 20,000,000+ misc. points/miles to spend!
Originally Posted by kman73
Got approved for the Cap 1 Venture card a few days ago, no problem. I currently have 65K Skymiles I'm hoping I can get matched by Cap 1.

Delta is currently offering a 50% mileage bonus on Skymiles purchases until March 31. At 2.8 cents per mile plus a 7.5% excise tax, I wouldn't even be THINKING about buying Skymiles, even with the 50% bonus.

However, with this Cap 1 "status match", buying some Skymiles MAY not be a bad idea.

Example: purchase 16k skymiles. At 2.8 cents per mile = $448. Add the tax, it's $481.60 for 24K Skymiles (16K purchased + 8K bonus Skymiles)

Then, Cap 1 matches these purchased miles. End result: 24K Skymiles and 24K Venture miles, total cost $481.60.

Opinions please???

K

Okay, so you would spend $481, which will get end up getting you $240 worth of Cap1 spending on travel (from using the 24K miles). You'll also have the 24,000 SkyMiles, so you need to ask whether you would buy 24K skymiles for $240. Might not be a bad purchase, for some short-haul routes if you get lucky on a day with low-fare award redemption (which seem quite rare ). So, I don't know, it sorta looks like a toss-up to me -- either way shouldn't matter, but I wouldn't personally be in a rush to go buy these SkyPesos. It doesn't put you at any significant advantage.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:07 pm

Opinions please???

K
I think Delta is one of the few airlines where mileage purchases don't show up as points.com purchases but actually as Delta, so your mile purchases should be reimburseable by the 110K bonus if it posts first statement.

Also don't travel purchases get higher points?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:07 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat

Opinions please???

K
As the Venture miles are worth $.01. The end result is: 24k Skymiles for $241.60. Not terrible, would be a much better deal if DL miles had more value like others.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 12:05 am

Well well, I think I m going to get the mastercard version of this card. I don't have the card in front of me but I received mail that my venture gets 2 miles per dollar and exclusive MasterCard world benefits. It even has apicture of the mastercard at the bottom right.

The only reason it is important to me because I plan on using this card at SAMs club. Btw I upgraded from a capone world MasterCard.

I Also have the Charles swab 2% visa card.

This card might be god sent, saves me from buying giftcards at walmart to be used at SAMs club
Old Mar 24, 2011, 4:45 am

Smile received 10k bonus

went through all the steps after approval, spent $1k 2 days ago and today received the 10k bonus points. now just waiting for my matching 100k bonus. have been using capital one for years and they always post quickly, so i hope the matching bonus will also post soon.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:03 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, CO OnePass, SPG Amex, US Airways
Faxing statement-no answer response

Hi again,
I've been trying to fax in my AA statement to 1800-225-3392 (that's the easiest option for me right now), and it keeps giving me response that the error has occurred "no answer".
Did this happen to anyone else? Did you have your fax go through eventually?
I would rather fax my statement, that's the only option I have at work and Im here all day. (I just got email with the passcode this morning).
Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:16 am

What do I need to do if I want to get my AAdvatage Miles matched. I have 120K miles in the account, but can’t find a way to create a statement. Should I just print out the entire page after logging into my account?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by aegt123
What do I need to do if I want to get my AAdvatage Miles matched. I have 120K miles in the account, but can’t find a way to create a statement. Should I just print out the entire page after logging into my account?
primopdf or cutepdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.