Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2011, 4:19 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
I've never been asked these kinds of questions on a cc application either, but I was worried about not being approved without fully completing the application. And while I understand the whole privacy argument, I don't really see what danger there would be in disclosing this information to a potential creditor. Am I being naive?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 4:31 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by jdw715
I am thinking about getting this card but i've never seen anyone ask for value of bank accounts and investments. I know this is optional but any comments on whether to fill it it in or leave it blank?

Also, I just applied and received the US Airways Barclay's on March 3rd card and canceled my CO card Feb 24th. I thought about waiting a full month but don't want to miss this deal.
Well, if you wait a month, you might miss out. Big unknown is how many people will actually get the bonus. CW is the sooner you sign up, the better your chances.
As far as the value in the bank account and investment fields, be generous with yourself. Why not?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 5:41 pm

hey, how did you get the info on the code for submit my miles?

thanks,
r

Originally Posted by Sosiouxme
"Your registration form and airline rewards statement were accepted, and your Capital One VentureSM miles have been reserved. We'll apply them to your account as soon as you spend $1,000 on your new Venture card in the first 90 days.
We'll send you an e-mail when we apply your matching miles to your Venture account."

The above is listed on the website when I log in. To show proof of miles, I uploaded a pdf of my March 2011 AA statement which is available on AA's website when you log into your AAdvantage account.

My statement showed 200K+ miles and only a small fraction of those miles earned in February through the AA Citi cards I have. I could have sent my November statement which showed the AA bonuses, but the dates on that statement showed the miles being earned in October and I was afraid of the six month cut off. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and assume that the miles match I'm going to get is for the 100K and not the for the nominal number of miles earned in February from my Citi AA card spend.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
People are asking so many repeated questions despite of so many repeated datapoints that answered those questions already, it's insane.

Come on, people, read, or better yet, use the search function.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Sosiouxme
To show proof of miles, I uploaded a pdf of my March 2011 AA statement which is available on AA's website when you log into your AAdvantage account...
I plan to mail in a copy of my AA mileage statement, however I am wondering if for some reason it would be better to simply print out my general statement (the mileage summary which first pops up on the AA site) which simply shows the total number of miles - or the March 2011 statement (which shows my 100,000+ mileage total as well as 400 miles earned through purchases in March and 75,000 bonus miles which posted in that month).

In other words, does it matter to Capital One that a big number (75,000) of my total miles were actually bonus miles - not miles earned through purchases? From what I've read, I don't think it matters whether or not the miles were earned as bonus miles or via purchases - but I want to make sure before submitting a statement. Unclear to me is whether or not the statement submitted must be a "monthly statement" (e.g. showing something like "statement for March 2011").

Last edited by muji; Mar 18, 2011 at 8:22 pm
Old Mar 18, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: Lotz
Anyone know if spend can be re-imbursed travel?

Would be sweet if the $1000 spend could be for travel expenses to be re-imbursed.

Specifically I'm thinking of getting 85K US *A miles for $1100 in the March promo.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by booyaa
People are asking so many repeated questions despite of so many repeated datapoints that answered those questions already, it's insane.

Come on, people, read, or better yet, use the search function.
or better yet, relax!! knowing that we are probably ahead of a lot of others who just saw the ads on TV. We have all applied, so we just have to wait and see. Geesh!
just wait and see!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Would be sweet if the $1000 spend could be for travel expenses to be re-imbursed.

Specifically I'm thinking of getting 85K US *A miles for $1100 in the March promo.
wait a sec whats this promo?
would you PM me the info on that one if it's not too late? I would like 85k us miles! thanks
Old Mar 18, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by booyaa
People are asking so many repeated questions despite of so many repeated datapoints that answered those questions already, it's insane.Come on, people, read, or better yet, use the search function.
Welcome to Flyertalk !
Old Mar 18, 2011, 8:41 pm

Programs: WN, AA, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jdw715
I am thinking about getting this card but i've never seen anyone ask for value of bank accounts and investments. I know this is optional but any comments on whether to fill it it in or leave it blank?

Also, I just applied and received the US Airways Barclay's on March 3rd card and canceled my CO card Feb 24th. I thought about waiting a full month but don't want to miss this deal.
I just applied online and was instantly approved. The fields asking for value of bank accounts and investments appear to be optional, but when I left them blank, it wouldn't let me continue to the next step until I had filled them in. Odd, but I did it anyway.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by tassojunior

Is this the bonus promo for buying miles?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 9:15 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by mnmag
Is this the bonus promo for buying miles?
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
wait a sec whats this promo?
would you PM me the info on that one if it's not too late? I would like 85k us miles! thanks
US Air is selling miles up to 100K for half price this month. (You have to download & use the US Toolbar 3 times for the full 100% bonus).

https://membership.usairways.com/en-...de=USMyAccount
Old Mar 18, 2011, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
I can't speak for everyone, but as a huge college basketball fan, the answer to your last question is "yes".
Even if you aren't a Duke fan, you should be able to appreciate their men's basketball program, right?!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Ignore you? No way. However, this thread is about the CapOne Venture card. I would suggest looking at the thread titles from the last two or three days in this forum and the Other Credit Card Programs forum. Pick out a few that interest you and read the first & last pages. Then start a new thread telling us about your particular situation (home airport, trips/year, status, etc) & what you'd like to accomplish, travel wise. Then we can be of more help.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the kind response and generous offer. I have browsed some of the current mileage promos on credit cards but nothing seemed like a 'gotta have it' offer. Generally, I try to avoid creating new threads that are specific to myself. In the future I may try that, but I won't clutter up this thread any further.

By the way, it seems that phone application might get the ball rolling a bit quicker than online application. Just a thought for those who haven't jumped in yet. None of the 'instant approval' online then waiting several days for an update or being told the application is still under review etc.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jcd123
That is quick! I applied on 3/10 and just received the 'we've shipped your new Venture card' email, well, better than nothing. My wife's applicatoin was submitted on same day and was just approved yesterday so hopefully we both can still get 100K each matching miles.
I should clarify dates. I did apply on 3/10 and get the instant approval. Their system however has 3/15 for the approved date. I am guessing that is true for you too. Hopefully all three of us (and everyone else on this thread) will get their miles matched.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.