Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2011, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by DBoy
I
I'm on the road, and printing and scanning are difficult. Is there an easy way to save my AA account web page screen as a PDF? I've seen a few plug ins and programs that do it, but most say they won't work if a password is needed to get to the page (like my AA account).
Buy a mac you can print to pdf.

Evernote may work too.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I called Friday, Mar 11, to upgrade my existing Cap One card. I got the e-mail Mar 16 with my passcode. I finally finished the $1500 spend on my second AA Citibank card the same day. Now my AA acct has 153,000 miles and I want to submit it as a PDF.

I'm on the road, and printing and scanning are difficult. Is there an easy way to save my AA account web page screen as a PDF? I've seen a few plug ins and programs that do it, but most say they won't work if a password is needed to get to the page (like my AA account).
www.cutepdf.com was mentioned earlier. It worked for me. Two small programs to install.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 6:47 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold
philemer said:
www.cutepdf.com was mentioned earlier. It worked for me.
Thanks, quick download, saved as pdf, and sent to C1.

ronf said:
Thanks ronf, but buying a mac isn't that easy. philemer's idea took me 20 minutes and I never left home. Buying a Mac, might cost as much as the benefit I'm trying to get from C1. Did you really think you were giving me good advice?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 6:59 am

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
I had applied on Mar 9. I was told my application is under review. Have got neither email nor snail mail from then with the decision. Is there any other way to know their decision?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
If you're using a windows computer, download primopdf. It installs as a print driver and "prints" whatever you want to a pdf file. It's free.

http://download.cnet.com/PrimoPDF/30...ml?tag=mncol;1
Old Mar 18, 2011, 7:14 am

BT checks?

OK, a question please to those that have had the Venture card and get a statement in the mail: do your statements come with the no fee balance transfer/purchase checks each month?

The reason I ask is that I have a no annual fee Cap One generic card that does, and I always drop one off in a high-reward checking account each month and pay it back before interest is due (since it's essentially treated as any other purchase). Hey, it's an easy way to collect a few hundred dollars a year (give each check is around $20k) on a card that's otherwise worthless.

I was thinking about converting for this offer, but didn't want to lose this option on the Venture Card. I see it's no fee on balance transfers as well, so figured they may push out these checks with the statements as well but wanted to make sure before I bit the bullet.

Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by ronf

Evernote may work too.

you mean like 'oh JUST go BUY a Mac?" as if it were that easy?

I love it when people say stuff like that. JUST lose 60 pounds... JUST go buy a new Mercedes

Anyway on a PC there's a free App you can get that should work called doPDF v7. This link may work for those needing to make PDFs of pages without having to have the entire acrobat suite--and it even embeds all fonts, which is nice because that retains the look and feel of whatever has been rendered so it is the original format:

http://www.dopdf.com/
Old Mar 18, 2011, 7:47 am

automated status number

Can someone provide the automated status number? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!!!!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ucfpirate
Can someone provide the automated status number? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!!!!
rehashing my post #748:

yes it seems many have been jumping the gun on this entire thing.

I called the 800-903-9177 number that came on the letter that only I got in the mail and was able to use their automated system to say I wanted to hear status of my app, and provide my social. I did this for self and it said I was approved and that I should receive the card and information in up to 10 biz days.

I then called back and did the same thing using my wife's social and it told me the same thing. (She is actually away on bit'ness right now and wont have time to care to call a bank!) I then also opted to connect to a CSR on that call and gave them my name, phone number, social and addy for verification, and was again told my card was approved and that the 10 biz days started on Mar 15. All info concerning everything would arrive but if I had any rewards questions, I could call: 800-228-3001. Well, I don't. Not til I receive all the stuff and the cards.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
rehashing my post #748:

yes it seems many have been jumping the gun on this entire thing.

I called the 800-903-9177 number that came on the letter that only I got in the mail and was able to use their automated system to say I wanted to hear status of my app, and provide my social. I did this for self and it said I was approved and that I should receive the card and information in up to 10 biz days.

I then called back and did the same thing using my wife's social and it told me the same thing. (She is actually away on bit'ness right now and wont have time to care to call a bank!) I then also opted to connect to a CSR on that call and gave them my name, phone number, social and addy for verification, and was again told my card was approved and that the 10 biz days started on Mar 15. All info concerning everything would arrive but if I had any rewards questions, I could call: 800-228-3001. Well, I don't. Not til I receive all the stuff and the cards.
Thanks for the number. I called and the system said my application was approved and I should receive something in the next 10 business days. I was just wondering what it would say. Thanks again.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ucfpirate
Thanks for the number. I called and the system said my application was approved and I should receive something in the next 10 business days. I was just wondering what it would say. Thanks again.
no worries.
good luck on whatever they send you/us next!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 8:43 am

Could one of you who has received the email with the code post the exact address that it came from? I want to add it to my whitelist so it doesn't get tossed in the spam bucket. THANKS!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: AA, AS, WN, Marriott, Hilton
I'm in. Applied yesterday and was immediately approved. Not as high of a limit as I just got from the Barclay's US Airways card, but because of that card I now have over 100k in my account.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
You will be getting an email from this address. Add it to your add book if you have a strong spam filter
[email protected]
Old Mar 18, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
New Application - Card has been created

I have a Sony Card from Capital One. Decided to create an online account to see if the Venture card would show up like it does on Chase where all accounts linked to your Social Security show up.

It didn't but when I clicked on "Don't see all your accounts" it shows a new Visa Signature card and the last 4 of the card. I don't have any other Signature Capital one accounts so this is it. I can't add it since it asks for the complete credit card number.

I haven't been that worried about getting the points etc. but for those who have been - an additional point of assurance on progress.

Just did this for my wife's account - see the new account created there too!

Last edited by filelover; Mar 18, 2011 at 9:54 am Reason: New Information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.