Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by travis bickle
that I had not received my card?

If you want to do as I suggested, fine.
If you do not want to do as I suggested, fine.
I appreciate your post. I just didn't understand how you could be changing your PIN for your Venture card as you said that you did in your original post when you were calling in if you hadn't received your card yet.

I was just curious because you mentioned it in your original post, and it didn't make sense.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
Just to clarify - did you mean you and your wife were instantly approved when you applied online yesterday? Or are you saying that you actually got the email or the credit card with the promotion details? If the former, I think you may be on the same page as the rest of us (and the past 40-something pages).

I'm screwed if it's done by cc. My AA credit card is canceled and my card cut up. I don't even remember my login password so I probably can't pull my statement. I hope it's frequent flier account statement.

Also, I just saw the commercial on this promotion on TV for the first time today. It was cheesy. Eh. Anyway, there was no mention of a billion cap mentioned either in the commercial (though it could be on the fine prints).
"What do I need to submit as proof of my existing miles?
Youll need to submit one airline rewards statement as proof of your existing miles. You must be listed as the primary account holder and your statement must be dated within six months of the time you submit it. Statements can be submitted online, by fax, or mail. All statement information will be kept confidential"

"You will need to complete a form and then submit a current airline rewards program statement as proof of your existing miles/rewards"

You are required to submit a frequent flyer statement NOT a credit card statement.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:17 pm

Heh, sorry, you're right. That's what I thought, but it almost sounded like the other poster had gotten the actual approval. I'm getting ahead of myself; I'm just going to sit tight and wait. I guess I should hear back this week.

Originally Posted by tormapleaf
"What do I need to submit as proof of my existing miles?
Youll need to submit one airline rewards statement as proof of your existing miles. You must be listed as the primary account holder and your statement must be dated within six months of the time you submit it. Statements can be submitted online, by fax, or mail. All statement information will be kept confidential"

"You will need to complete a form and then submit a current airline rewards program statement as proof of your existing miles/rewards"

You are required to submit a frequent flyer statement NOT a credit card statement.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:34 pm

Programs: Continental, Hilton, Sheraton, American, British Airways
Capital One Venture card

I called Capital One on Friday and spent about 30 minutes on the phone with an agent trying to understand whether ALL airline miles or ONLY miles earned through one of the specified credit cards were eligible. Unfortunately, the agent could not give me a straight answer - she kept on repeating what was in the FAQ or on the other pages of the website.

I am frankly amazed that a sophisticated organization like Capital One would have such ambiguous language in their offer.

She did say that I would get an email with detailed instructions once I was approved.

In any case, I then went ahead and applied online and was instantly approved with a 30K credit limit (I have a FICO of 790). I already have a No Hassles Capital One card.

However, I have NOT received any email. It has now been over 3 days - I plan to call Capital One tomorrow and find out what's going on.

Chuck
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
I would agree that the rules are ambiguous and poorly drafted.

For example, on one hand it would seem they intended to count only miles accrued from credit card spend, yet on the other hand, the language suggests that all the miles in any one program count, however earned.

The fact that "only one (1) statement may be submitted" suggests that you can count the miles in only one program.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa
The letter I received shows Experian score of 729. TrueCredit tells me VantageScore is 825, 5 inquiries. Instantly approved with 5k limit
Thanks for the datapoint!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa
I just called again, and they told me the application was "approved" based on what I was shown when I applied online and received the instant approval. When I asked for the approval date, I was give the date when I applied. BUT, an account has not been created yet(?!)
Cap One really knows how to make customers feel special.

Online instantly approved. Today in the mail I receive a letter, "..should your application be approved.."

Cap One included a the toll-free number and hours of operations 8am-midnight eastern. Call at 11pm Eastern and they're offices are closed - sigh
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by MyTravels
Cap One really knows how to make customers feel special.

Online instantly approved. Today in the mail I receive a letter, "..should your application be approved.."

Cap One included a the toll-free number and hours of operations 8am-midnight eastern. Call at 11pm Eastern and they're offices are closed - sigh

got the same letter today. Was instantly approved as well
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA, skymiles, AAdvantage, continental one pass, ANA, Hilton, SPG
are the points 1:1???

i know, dumb question. maybe if i looked at every posting in this thread i'd find it? but if i have 100K on AA and apply for the card (and possibly get it) are the cap one points on a 1 to 1 basis that i can transfer into my AA account???

in advance, thanks for help.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by shadabing
i know, dumb question. maybe if i looked at every posting in this thread i'd find it? but if i have 100K on AA and apply for the card (and possibly get it) are the cap one points on a 1 to 1 basis that i can transfer into my AA account???

No need to read all the posts. The first two will answer your question.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by learningtime
Score above 740 or below?
Thanks!
slightly below according to quizzle
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by shadabing

Did you even read any posts or even cap1's verbage on it before asking the question?
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by yksmirk
slightly below according to quizzle
Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
No need to read all the posts. The first two will answer your question.
+1
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:46 am

Seems no one received the pass code and URL to submit proof yet, will contact C1 today to see what happened, got instant approval last Thursday and have not received anything yet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.