Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by emg2919
Anyone else have this experience? I've read the previous 10 pages and first 10, and heard of a few. Anyone found a way around this or having to wait 60 days? I'd like to get my miles and use them for travel ASAP.
Travel can be reimbursed up to 90 days after it is charged to your CC. So the expense can be incurred now and covered later when the points post. Granted, you may need some float to cover the expense on the CC bill if the points take the full 2 billing cycles. But as many other have posted the seem to be appearing within a week.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 2:50 pm

I just got a security call from CapOne about my business card. I recently added my son as an authorized user to get the bonus points. He lives in a nearby town - X-town. She asked me in what state was my SS number issued, name of a relative who lives in X-town, and did I recently request a card for X. I answered all satisfactorily. Good for me to know, because I'm about to add an AU to my husband's account, so I'll just add myself since I'm at the same address, and hopefully he won't have to go through the security drill.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Anyone still waiting to RECEIVE their card?

My husband received an email on 4/9 stating that his card was mailed the day before. Now, on 4/18...no card. I talked to Cap One and they want him to call in and they will cancel this card and expedite him another...

Kinda weird..as I applied a few weeks before him...got my card within a week and already earned and received all bonuses. I also just got a snail mail from Cap One about a dispute on my card that was mailed 2 days ago from them!!!

Odd that his card would just not show up. I am hoping that the cancellation and issue of a replacement card will in no way impact his receiving the "miles match". He already uploaded his statement and they are reserved....just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to receive their card??? He would have originally applied around the 1st or 2nd...
Old Apr 18, 2011, 7:33 pm

were you ever asked to send SS

I have applied about 10 days ago, received a call to ask for my SS and address, then I received a letter today asking me to send a copy that shows my SS# and mailing address...

Should I be concerned? Does anyone know of a number that I can call? I don't want to use the number from the letter.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 8:49 pm

I received my email with passcode yesterday and my card arrived today. I plan to match with my Delta account but would like to wait about 3 weeks when I will have significantly more points in that account. Am I in danger of not receiving the match if I wait that long? The email seems to say you need to register right away.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Does anyone know if the points from this promo will be available if we downgrade to the no fee card?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:16 pm

What's the time lag for the 110k point posting?

What's the time lag for the 110k point posting? I did my 1k spend on the 10th and was posted on the 14th.

Thx.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Redeemed
I received my email with passcode yesterday and my card arrived today. I plan to match with my Delta account but would like to wait about 3 weeks when I will have significantly more points in that account. Am I in danger of not receiving the match if I wait that long? The email seems to say you need to register right away.
I have the same concern. I'm in the same situation, except that my card has not arrived yet. I'm not sure if there's any way to get Delta to post my bonus miles faster (I've just completed the spend)
Old Apr 19, 2011, 6:55 am

Programs: AA lifetime platinum, Jet Blue Mosaic
Originally Posted by hard2please
i have the same concern. I'm in the same situation, except that my card has not arrived yet. I'm not sure if there's any way to get delta to post my bonus miles faster (i've just completed the spend)
i suggest you read post 1 by tommy 777. You will find your answer .
Old Apr 19, 2011, 8:22 am

For those of you with Business Cards, in addition to the personal card, did you simply add the card to the same login on the C1 site? I am unclear whether I need to make a new login for the Business account in order to not risk the points showing for the Business card. (I guess it is still unclear to me if the promotion allowed for one person to get both awards.) TIA... and, I apologize if this has been asked and answered.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: AA lifetime platinum, Jet Blue Mosaic
[QUOTE=Smit;16243912]For those of you with Business Cards, in addition to the personal card, did you simply add the card to the same login on the C1 site? I am unclear whether I need to make a new login for the Business account in order to not risk the points showing for the Business card. (I guess it is still unclear to me if the promotion allowed for one person to get both awards.) TIA... and, I apologize if this has been asked and answered.

Log onto your Cap One personal card. Towards the bottom of your Account summary page you will see
"don't see all of your Capital One Cards. Add one to your list."

Click on the "add one to your list" and follow directions.

Many posters, including myself have been able to get both rewards.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by emg2919
I applied and received the card.

I uploaded my delta statement, showing 100k+ miles, I received an email saying my miles were reserved. (100,000)

I received another email saying that I have been verified and now just spend 1000USD by July 29.

I received the card. I spent 1239USD that day. I received the 10k bonus and 1240 for the regular miles. This was April 12. (12480 reward points in my account)

My statement closed April 13. I've been waiting for the 100,000 to post, but I haven't seen them yet.

My buddy did the same, and he got his 100k within 2-3 days, and when I call they say 1-2 billing cycles/statements. What gives?

Anyone else have this experience? I've read the previous 10 pages and first 10, and heard of a few. Anyone found a way around this or having to wait 60 days? I'd like to get my miles and use them for travel ASAP.
And what do you know, my miles arrived today around 10.30am EST. NICE!!
Old Apr 19, 2011, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Smit
For those of you with Business Cards, in addition to the personal card, did you simply add the card to the same login on the C1 site? I am unclear whether I need to make a new login for the Business account in order to not risk the points showing for the Business card. (I guess it is still unclear to me if the promotion allowed for one person to get both awards.) TIA... and, I apologize if this has been asked and answered.
It allows both rewards, per C1 rep told me.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by kayjay
i suggest you read post 1 by tommy 777. You will find your answer .
Where in that initial post, which I have read several times, do you find an answer to my concerns?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by hard2please
Where in that initial post, which I have read several times, do you find an answer to my concerns?
I'm not sure what you were looking for from your original post. If you are looking for the points to get added to your Delta card, these are C1 points. If you haven't sent in your match and are waiting for some Delta FF miles to post you have 45 days to send in your match request. Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.