Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
If you see any new ex-UK sales please update here.
Print Wikipost

Current Fare Sales [ex UK]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Blue
Sorry I know this is off topic but I can't find the thread about checking availability and did not want to start a new thread

Mrs and Miss DMF are off to YVR in CW booked during the sale and I wounder if any kind flyertalkers with access could see what the loads are in First on the BA85 on the 13th August are as I'd like to upgrade them with our difficult to use miles so they can enjoy the Concorde Room and flying First.

Thanks in advance

DMF

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm not dead This isn't Hell?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by DeadManFlying
Sorry I know this is off topic but I can't find the thread about checking availability and did not want to start a new thread

Mrs and Miss DMF are off to YVR in CW booked during the sale and I wounder if any kind flyertalkers with access could see what the loads are in First on the BA85 on the 13th August are as I'd like to upgrade them with our difficult to use miles so they can enjoy the Concorde Room and flying First.
No award availability on that date to YVR at all (you probably know that already!), but keep checking and you might get lucky closer to the time.

Having said that, it's just over a month away and there's not that much availability in F left:

[KVS Availability Tool 7.0.2/Diamond - Sabre: Availability/FS/US]
Code:
LHR  London Heathrow UK [EGLL]
YVR  Vancouver Metro / Intl BC CA = YVR CXH [CYVR]
MON  13 Aug 2012

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -----------------------------------------------------------------
BA         85      LHR   17:15     YVR   18:40     744      F5 A0 C9 D7 R6 I2 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 Q5 G0 J9 W9 E9 T9 N9 O0

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 30, 2014 at 11:49 am Reason: purge commercial link from KVS citation
Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:15 am

Programs: BA GGL
Currently showing 5 seats available in F, so looking quite busy, I'm afraid...
Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:10 pm
duo

Originally Posted by matthewuk
I am using the low price finder as the main source for this data but it's not 100% accurate. If anything is way out please let me know.

u - fare has gone up a reasonable amount from the last sale
d - fare has gone down a reasonable amount from the last sale

Hong Kong £657 £1,106d
I just had a look on HKG using the low price finder and it's now showing 1211 for WT+ and 740 for WT for October. Sale price only kicks in Nov.

Last edited by duo; Jul 5, 2012 at 7:21 pm
Old Jul 6, 2012, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Blue
Thank you shorthauldad and Filthy Monkey for checking, yes I had been looking and as nothing was showing I thought I'd ask for help.
I also saw yesterdays thread about availability only on a Wednesday so not getting my hopes up that I can get them into first but will be the obsessive flyertalker and keep checking everyday, who knows maybe no one else will want to go first to Vancouver in August

Thaks again everyone I'll update if anything positive happens

DMF

------------------------------------------------------

I'm not dead This isn't Hell?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by duo
I just had a look on HKG using the low price finder and it's now showing 1211 for WT+ and 740 for WT for October. Sale price only kicks in Nov.
Thanks

Seems to be the case for all Chinese destinations - sale fare don't kick in until November. Have updated analysis in the main post
Old Jul 6, 2012, 7:05 am
duo

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
No award availability on that date to YVR at all (you probably know that already!), but keep checking and you might get lucky closer to the time.

Having said that, it's just over a month away and there's not that much availability in F left:

[B]KVS Availability Tool 7.0.2/Diamond - Sabre: Availability/FS/US]
Code:
LHR  London Heathrow UK [EGLL]
YVR  Vancouver Metro / Intl BC CA = YVR CXH [CYVR]
MON  13 Aug 2012

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -----------------------------------------------------------------
BA         85      LHR   17:15     YVR   18:40     744      F5 A0 C9 D7 R6 I2 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 Q5 G0 J9 W9 E9 T9 N9 O0
I've downloaded the tool - I am hoping some upgrade seats will become available for a flight from WT+ to CW. So is it the number of class F that determines whether there will be availability? Am a bit confused how it all works

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 30, 2014 at 11:48 am Reason: purge commercial link from KVS citation
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by duo
Originally Posted by matthewuk
Seems to be the case for all Chinese destinations - sale fare don't kick in until November.
I've been saying this for days now: HKG is not in the sale. What you're seeing are normal non-sale fares.

PEK and PVG are in the sale, but the lowest price is being shown for November travel because there are three different seasons for the sale fares which are (obviously) at different prices.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 1:26 pm
duo

Originally Posted by Globaliser
I've been saying this for days now: HKG is not in the sale. What you're seeing are normal non-sale fares.
lol..sorry man you have said it a few times.^
Old Jul 23, 2012, 5:15 am

Programs: M&M SEN, BA Gold
Additional sale(s) before end 2012?

I know the rules, i.e. "we don't know when the next sale is"... However I am just wondering if it is typical for BA to have autumn 3rd quarter sales? I am buying flights for family to US for Xmas and wondering if I should buy now or hold off for a sale? Or possibly any advice of whether flights would typically expected to increase/decade in price the closer we get to end of year.

Any advice is appreciated
Old Jul 23, 2012, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shogan1977
However I am just wondering if it is typical for BA to have autumn 3rd quarter sales? I am buying flights for family to US for Xmas and wondering if I should buy now or hold off for a sale?
Typically, there has often been one at the end of August. But this year there have been some variations from the usual pattern, possibly because of the effects of the Olympics.

However, the existence of a sale doesn't guarantee that you're going to get lower prices for the dates on which you want to travel. Christmas is a peak travel period, and it's sometimes the case that even when there is a sale on, the travel dates for which the sale fares are valid will not include peak travel dates.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:21 am

Typically, there has often been one at the end of August. But this year there have been some variations from the usual pattern, possibly because of the effects of the Olympics.

However, the existence of a sale doesn't guarantee that you're going to get lower prices for the dates on which you want to travel. Christmas is a peak travel period, and it's sometimes the case that even when there is a sale on, the travel dates for which the sale fares are valid will not include peak travel dates.
Ok, thanks globaliser My gut feeling is that the price difference between sale price and now would be minimal, especially as I am booking WT+ Would you wait or go for it?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would you wait or go for it?
I would first look a bit more closely at history for the specific route.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 7:53 am

I would first look a bit more closely at history for the specific route.
Not wanting to appear slow, but how would I do that?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not wanting to appear slow, but how would I do that?
EF is a good tool for looking up historical fares sold during the last year; I don't know whether KVS does this too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.