Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
If you see any new ex-UK sales please update here.
Print Wikipost

Current Fare Sales [ex UK]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by RedDevil83
I have a WT+ booking to make for Dec/Jan and was gonna book in this new sale, although there is no mfu availablilty yet for my outbound anyway. Are we all confident then that a better sale will be on the way (most people mention an end of August sale), and hopefully by then some mfu may have opened up too.
This is an unusual year for BA and all 'partners' of the Olympic games. I suspect it maybe different to previous years. So previous years may well not be a guide to this year. Unless there's someone on the forum who is aware of BA promotion plans and (even less likely) willing to share them I suspect you will not get the certainty you are looking for.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:09 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
The prices were significantly lower in the sale last August, not sure how representative these are however with any rises in APD/ Fuel since then
If you are going to MFU I don't think it makes much difference whether it's one sale or the other because you pay more than the sale price of the WT+ ticket anyway so it becomes MFUable.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:12 am

Programs: BA, VS
We decided to book this morning for our US trip in October, didn't want to risk waiting for a post Olympic sale only for one never to materialise. The prices are circa £100 return more than last year, but still not bad at £614 return LHR-DEN / SFO-LHR. Another advantage of booking early was being able to select the only "twin" on the 777 to DEN and one of the 6 pairs of "twin" seats on the 747 back from SFO. Now need to stop looking at the prices and get back to planning the wedding!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:16 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
If you are going to MFU I don't think it makes much difference whether it's one sale or the other because you pay more than the sale price of the WT+ ticket anyway so it becomes MFUable.
No you don't do you? All WT+ fares are upgradable, I've paid the same on sale and non sale fares in the past.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
No you don't do you? All WT+ fares are upgradable, I've paid the same on sale and non sale fares in the past.
This sale has knocked about £500 off the 3 tickets to DXB I just bought which brought it closer to 2K than 3K and made it more mentally acceptable to me

I'm not complaining

3 x CW tickets for the usual cost of 1 ticket and 35K of Haribos (taking into account the ones we earn for the flights), and one step closer to Silver

Edit: Only 28.3K Haribos if I also take into paying by BAPP to get 3 per £ BA spend

Last edited by PanGalactic; Jun 28, 2012 at 6:05 am
Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
This sale looks pretty thin. Lots of destinations not on sale. For example, I've just tried a dummy booking in WhY for LHR-BKK for Feb next year. The BA engine is showing V class fares although WTP looks OK.

I suspect the good value sales for Q1 2013 will be Sep and Jan...
Old Jun 28, 2012, 6:07 am
Used to be derekpaine

Programs: BA Gold; Skywards Gold
I've just had a look at the Cheapest Fares tool on ba.com

The CW sale for outbound flights to 2 Sep seems to be back on (the one that ended 14 June)

CW LHR/PHX/LHR a shade over £2k looks tempting
Old Jun 28, 2012, 6:13 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by derekpaine
I've just had a look at the Cheapest Fares tool on ba.com

The CW sale for outbound flights to 2 Sep seems to be back on (the one that ended 14 June)

CW LHR/PHX/LHR a shade over £2k looks tempting
I seem to remember that fare being well under £2k during the last sale?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, loads more and YOLO
Want to book some flexible Club tickets to NY for Oct return Nov as dates are likely to change. Is another luxury sale likely to come up etc? If you pay cash & upgrade with Avios is the flight non-refundable as I don't see a flexible option? Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by londonbus
This sale looks pretty thin. Lots of destinations not on sale. For example, I've just tried a dummy booking in WhY for LHR-BKK for Feb next year. The BA engine is showing V class fares although WTP looks OK
I've been looking at WTP fares to BKK for October. They've been around £1500 for the last few months but have just dropped to £1200 today. The CW upgrade prices are reasonable too so I may treat myself to it one way.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by AtoB
Want to book some flexible Club tickets to NY for Oct return Nov as dates are likely to change. Is another luxury sale likely to come up etc? If you pay cash & upgrade with Avios is the flight non-refundable as I don't see a flexible option? Thanks
I wouldn't count on flexible tickets being in the sale.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by dddc
The Go after the Games sale just announced:
Not that it's a big deal, but has anyone else noticed the cities mentioned in the Ts&Cs:

Weekend departures:

a. For travel in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday, on routes to North America, Cancun, and San Juan, an additional £40 will be charged on top of the quoted fare.

b. San For travel in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday, on all other longhaul destinations, an additional £30 will be charged on top of the quoted fare.

For flights in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus from London Heathrow or London Gatwick to:

a. Denver, between 25 December 2012 to 15 March 2013, there is no availability outbound or inbound on Saturdays.

b. San Dallas, there is no availability outbound or inbound on Saturdays.

c. San Seattle, between 25 December 2012 to 15 March 2013, there is no availability outbound on Saturdays and Sundays.

d. San San Francisco, between 10 September 2012 to 21 October 2012, there is no availability outbound on Saturdays.

e. San Abuja, between 04 October 2012 to 23 November 2012, and 11 December 2012 to 24 December 2012, there is no availability outbound on Saturdays.

f. San Bahrain, there is no availability inbound on Thursdays and Fridays.

g. San Doha, there is no availability inbound on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

h. San Tel Aviv, there is no availability inbound on Sundays.

i. San Bangalore, there is no availability outbound on Saturdays and no availability inbound in Fridays.

j. San Mumbai, there is no availability inbound on Saturdays and Sundays.

k. San Delhi, there is no availability outbound on Fridays and Saturdays and no availability inbound in Saturdays and Sundays.

l. San Chennai, there is no availability outbound in Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and no availability inbound on Saturdays and Sundays.

Let that be a lesson to us next time we cut and paste, boys and girls!

Made me smile tho...
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, loads more and YOLO
Can you link to the t & cs please as the ba link in my e-mail doesn't...
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by AtoB
Can you link to the t & cs please as the ba link in my e-mail doesn't...
Ts and Cs here:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...s/public/en_gb
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just out of curiosity I tried a dummy booking for flights already booked EDI-MIA in March next year (WT+ MFU'd to CW). If I'd waited this sale could have saved me just a little over £30 each .

Hope those of you buying in the sale get a better deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.