Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise à jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2023, 12:58 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
The web site is still contradictory :

becks1 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 3:37 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
LPGS today, and a lengthy look at the PC to check if I was eligible (Flying F on AA100, and GGL), which was a bit odd.
jjLDNY likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 3:32 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Apologies, I made them run out of LGPS. Only LP Rosé left for now. Rona being a star, as always. AA agent didn't understand the access rules (arriving on transcon 3-class AA F as GGL), but was very friendly after I explained the rules and brought my guest in as well.
EuropeanPete, ryanbriar and jjLDNY like this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Apologies, I made them run out of LGPS. Only LP Rosé left for now. Rona being a star, as always. AA agent didn't understand the access rules (arriving on transcon 3-class AA F as GGL), but was very friendly after I explained the rules and brought my guest in as well.

I hope there aren’t any issues or confusion with arriving A321T in F. That’s going to be my way in. Actually I’m looking at LAX-BOS-JFK because it’s $1000 less. FFD was never an issue on that route nor should Chelsea be but who knows with these agents. Praying for LPGS or Krug. Maybe I’ll go on a Tuesday before it’s all had for the week but after em of weekend order arrives. Crazy they can’t keep it stocked properly.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just got here for the first time. As The Strokes once asked, Is This It?

Also, there are only 5 other people here - naturally one of them has their mobile on speakerphone
Old Mar 16, 2023, 11:53 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
That is one good thing about the lounge. We've been there half a dozen times and it's always virtually empty. I'm not suprised though. Not only as are the access rules still unclear or not applied uniformly, it's evident based on this thread not many people like it.

I think it's ok though, mainly as it's quiet.

No speaker phone incident yet though....
becks1 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 11:57 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Yeah that was my take on it. It's perfectly fine as a waiting room but I absolutely would not take a later LHR connection to spend an extra hour in there like I may have done in the CCR.
DYKWIA, seanp7, Genius1 and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Some slight redemption, the darker fabric seats that line the wall near the bar are VERY comfortable - and everyone appears to prefer the other seats, so it's very quiet here and I can get on with some work.

There have been some grumblings from people coming to the bar, the premium fizz options are Ruinart or LP Rose - no hidden stash
becks1 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was here on a Friday night about two weeks ago (probably arrived ~5pm), and the lounge was rather busy. There was a rowdy group of 6 in the dining room, a family of 4 showed up later (2 pre-teenish kids, all of course much quieter than the 6 rowdy adults) and lots of singles and couples. I thought the lounge was quite nice. I sat on a couch off to the side (where two couches face one another with a table in the middle). Was totally fine. Sure, too bad there wasn't a view outside (Soho lounge clearly wins for this but that was VERY busy), but otherwise many of the complaints seem overblown based on this visit. There was plenty of staff, they were all friendly (enough), I had no issues being served / refilled in my seating area off to the side. Food came out quickly (prawn cocktail and lamb - which was very very good), too quickly I suppose as I wasn't done with the starter when the main came. Bubbles was LPGS and LP Rose and a bunch of Moets that I couldn't be bothered with. I didn't see any (nor ask about) Ruinart.

Due to a BA cancellation (shock!), I rebooked on a nonstop on LX for my return from ZRH and got to spend lots of time in their F lounge(s). That was definitely a couple notches above (not to mention the overall ground service advantage), although the bubbly was nothing I've ever heard of (Bauget Jouette, brut and rose, looks priced in line with most basic NVs). But broader selection of stills (6 reds and whites). But LX would have cost > $2.5k more r/t when I booked.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by alexwuk
LPGS today, and a lengthy look at the PC to check if I was eligible (Flying F on AA100, and GGL), which was a bit odd.
Who does the lounge agent think is eligible if not a first class passenger. Ludicrous.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 3:55 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
My first time here this evening

As Darthlemsip has stated, only Ruinart, or LPGS Rose ( I may have grumbled a little...)

Staff are very friendly and helpful, and one can order food at the bar, which I was not expecting.
aks120 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 6:51 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
My first time here this evening

As Darthlemsip has stated, only Ruinart, or LPGS Rose.
Who started this LPGS Rosé? That’s how the bartender welcomed us tonight.

Can I start a thread on airport steaks, you think?

Theirs was a best airport steak contender.

becks1 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 2:09 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
I’ve been in twice over the last 2 days:

- nowhere near level of FFD or CCR
- never that busy
- agree with post above that nicest seats are those lining the wall near the bar
- the bartender on both my visits was out of his depth, basic knowledge of water glasses and the fact you need cutlery with your meal. Us too polite Brits (unlike the Americans) said on the hush they’d eaten their burger with a spoon to not make a fuss
- steak is actually very good
- don’t count on premium champagne - Moët or LP rose is the base case
- Rona (met her today) is a gem - love her!!

When my flight eventually got delayed I just went back but this time into Soho and felt cosy and content there
Markie, KARFA and becks1 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 12:53 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Currently serving

Old Mar 26, 2023, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
I’m Finnair OWE, flying from AA JFK-LAX on a separate ticket in economy, then my next ticket is Cathay flight from LAX -HKG in first.

I’m on the AA flight at 4pm, and my Cathay flight is technically next day at 00:30. I know I can get in to Soho, but will I be able to get into Chelsea if I’m on 2 different tickets?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.