Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Dec 18, 2022, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
This is a nice review. The fact this replaced FFD is a joke.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I briefly passed through on Friday, coming from LHR on AA F and going to LAX in AA F. There was almost no one, the space didn't seem that bad, but I experienced the worst Earl Grey ever. I don't know if was because of the water or the tea bag, but it was really awful.I was busy to sort out a couple of personal issues so I didn't say anything or asked for something else.

I have another transit at JFK tomorrow and I want to try to eat there before the LHR flight, but I don't know if would be more efficient to just go to Soho or not.

Last edited by Lefly; Dec 18, 2022 at 5:19 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 18, 2022, 5:34 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
alas, my plan to visit today has been scuppered by the canx of BA172 so Im flying direct to LAX now. Hopefully will be in the lounge on Sunday
so Im here now. I arrived around 15.30 ish and will finally leave at 20.30 ish catching the 172 home.

It was quieter early, very sterile Id say. Its got a bit busier as the evening has gone on. Its a very nice waiting room. Ive had a lovely couple of hours chatting to some frequent flyers about stuff.

I had a quick look into the SoHo lounge at 19.15 and didnt like it. Very busy. Very canteen like. Obviously, the views are better.

regarding entry, I approached the AA Greenwich desks without a boarding pass as I couldnt get one earlier in the day. A lady at the BA desks overheard what was going on and took over. She told me to enter the lounge after my GGL status was established, and said shed fix my boarding pass issues which she did. Not sure if that will help any future access issues, but Id advise BA flyers to turn right on entering the lounge space and speak to the BA reps instead of the AA reps youll immediately see.

as a positive, I tried to leave the lounge at 60 mins to boarding and got told to go back to the bar, so things are not all bad!

Last edited by BA038_Passenger; Dec 18, 2022 at 6:08 pm
Old Dec 18, 2022, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
so Im here now. I arrived around 15.30 ish and will finally leave at 20.30 ish catching the 172 home.

It was quieter early, very sterile Id say. Its got a bit busier as the evening has gone on. Its a very nice waiting room. Ive had a lovely couple of hours chatting to some frequent flyers about stuff.

I had a quick look into the SoHo lounge at 19.15 and didnt like it. Very busy. Very canteen like. Obviously, the views are better.

regarding entry, I approached the AA Greenwich desks without a boarding pass as I couldnt get one earlier in the day. A lady at the BA desks overheard what was going on and took over. She told me to enter the lounge after my GGL status was established, and said shed fix my boarding pass issues which she did. Not sure if that will help any future access issues, but Id advise BA flyers to turn right on entering the lounge space and speak to the BA reps instead of the AA reps youll immediately see.
You're GGL on a longhaul flight, so irrespective of any pending possible changes, you'd have access.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 9:00 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+

Still pouring.
Football Fan, ryanbriar and jjLDNY like this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 10:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
Originally Posted by Markie
My return experience - GGL and booked in F - on BA was that I was denied entry to Chelsea by an AA employee as their system shows me only as Emerald and hence only available lounge is Soho.
I checked with the agent that my F ticket didn't get me in to Chelsea and she confirmed it did not.
I asked for her to summon someone from BA. He duly arrived, confirmed an error and took me in to Chelsea.

The irony was that the initial agent had a BA produced document showing access rights. Apparently they ignore this as it's a BA document.
10k Avios as compensation following email to GGL. Unsolicited but nice to receive.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 10:51 pm

They have twenty-something cases of La Grande Dame and are expecting more deliveries.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 10:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper

They have twenty-something cases of La Grande Dame and are expecting more deliveries.
Are they.. Storing the boxes just on the side? Even if it's momentarily this just isn't premium.

It looks fairly busy when you took this photo - how does it deal with the sound? When I was there last it was empty but it did have a loud American lady facetiming which you could hear from every corner.

Anyway. I'll be there tomorrow, I guess Grande Dame it is. How is the food menu today? Any signs of the rib-eye? For the first time I'll probably eat at a restaurant before heading to the airport if the options are the slice-of-bread burger or the rice topped with lamb 'tagine'.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by jjLDNY

When I was there last it was empty but it did have a loud American lady facetiming which you could hear from every corner.
I'm afraid every lounge now has one of these.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Just got to the Chelsea Lounge.
I'm headed down to MIA before taking the BA flight over to LHR.
The person that let me in confirmed that I'd have to travel internationally.
And Chris Pine just entered :P
Sandy Hopper and jjLDNY like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
I'm afraid every lounge now has one of these.
A loud American, or a lady FaceTiming?
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:20 am

Anyway. I'll be there tomorrow, I guess Grande Dame it is. How is the food menu today? Any signs of the rib-eye? For the first time I'll probably eat at a restaurant before heading to the airport if the options are the slice-of-bread burger or the rice topped with lamb 'tagine'.
Please dont tease with a rib-eye. FFDs tenderloin was a treat, wasnt it?
The menu hasnt changed as far as I can see.

When you arrive there will be two of us (guests).
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper
Please don’t tease with a rib-eye. FFD’s tenderloin was a treat, wasn’t it?
The menu hasn’t changed as far as I can see.

When you arrive there will be two of us (guests).
Ugh this menu is so awful. It's a significant downgrade to both he FFD and the CCR. Even the Pre-flight dining had comparable (and more) items.

Lunch before it is! Thank you for the update - have you asked about the menu?
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:32 am
Suspended

Ugh, was the short-lived steak a ribeye? Awful lump of fat. I thought it was a strip or filet or something?

Ugh this menu is so awful. It's a significant downgrade to both he FFD and the CCR. Even the Pre-flight dining had comparable (and more) items.

Lunch before it is! Thank you for the update - have you asked about the menu?
It truly is awful. I can't believe this is a First Class lounge.

Last edited by Prospero; Dec 20, 2022 at 1:02 pm Reason: combine consecutive posts
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
The menu reminds me of the first time I went into LHR F lounge, used to the J lounges buffet of pasta with tomato sauce, rice and chilli con carne: "Oh there's also a burger in this one you can order".

That really is not an impressive premium lounge menu.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.