Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

State of Schiphol for BA (to LHR) queues etc?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

State of Schiphol for BA (to LHR) queues etc?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by dislikeofturningright
Yes for BA gold (not sure about other OW). But no +1.
Ah, so travelling with my GF who is BA Silver, they wouldn't let us both go through?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Plat, Meliá Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite Plus
Not certain, but it is possible silver is enough to get fast track security in its own right. Certainly worth a go
danmushman likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Gold, Eurostar CB, FB Explorer
Originally Posted by danmushman
Can anyone confirm if BA Gold on a Y fare gets Priority for security at AMS?
Last 2 times I was there, according to the laminated card behind the person checking access rights, BA Bronze and up get priority - for them only, no guests.
danmushman likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:12 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

A quick report from today, 22-July. Was expecting the worst, but surprisingly arrived into a rather "empty" Hall 3. The BA desk area was also rather empty, with only 2 counters open, but with both the desk occupied with what seemed like pax with issues. So I just decided to get my BP from the automated machines.
Lines for non-priority pax was not too bad, just walked via another way to those auto gate showed the staff my BP and was allowed in, the same above the escalators. Only 1 security lane opened at the Priority - luckily today the person behind the monitor was well trained, so close to nothing went into secondary making the line move smoothly.
Passport control was also good - with a 1/3 of the automated gate open. Non automated eligible pax lines were also not too bad.
Aspire lounge was not too packed too (normally at this time you have the TK, QR and MS flight departing - so was worried).

All in all, a good experience today - from train (which sadly was the weakest link today), to lounge, in about 20 mins max.

Cheers!
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Likewise a good experience for me at 0945 today. Nothing signposted but all staff seem to recognise a Gold BA boarding pass and I was able to bypass the queue (directed to walk straight through between check-in zones 20/21 I think), and then straight through the BP scanners and upstairs. 10 mins to clear security with both priority lanes open and another 5 mins to get through the e-gates.

Having said that, the queue for security was starting outside the terminal building and I would guesstimate close to an hour for non-status pax to get through.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by happyintheair
Last 2 times I was there, according to the laminated card behind the person checking access rights, BA Bronze and up get priority - for them only, no guests.
exactly - that was our experience today - 1 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronze - all got through. To be honest, just asserting in a happy but firm way “British airways gold” and then pointing to their laminated sheet seemed to do the trick - they didn’t even check the boarding passes
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:59 am

Travelling tomorrow and just received this email

A message from British Airways about your flight to London Heathrow

Important information about your flight from Amsterdam.

Please do not come to Schiphol airport more than 4 hours before your flight.

Only customers whose flights are scheduled to depart within 4 hours will be admitted entry into the departure hall.

In order to ease congestion and reduce long queue times at the airport please bring as little baggage as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

British Airways
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:18 am

got the same email, flying tomorrow morning so plan to be at Schiphol about 2 hrs before the flight as I will have priority because i'm flying CE
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
It took me under an hour from check in to lounge yesterday, flying CE and therefore benefiting from Priority security. So in the broader scheme of things not too bad, and for once the staff across the board were actually helpful......but it always feels like it's on the brink of some major meltdown.

They really need to sort the lounge situation. It's not that Aspire is terrible (although it's certainly not great) but it's just too busy.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 11:26 am

I am bunkered up in the Yotel
it is surprisingly good and removed the need for entry and exit of the terminal
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
I am bunkered up in the Yotel
it is surprisingly good and removed the need for entry and exit of the terminal
Are they still charging exorbitant prices?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 1:03 am

Pretty smooth today, august 4. HBO & priority. 5 min at security and 15 at passport control.

Non priority didn’t look to bad
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Any more recent reports on traveling AMS to LHR (I'll be doing it around 11:15am on a Friday, as it happens), in CE? Assuming you can still get inside at Departures 3 to the BA CE check in without standing in the queue outside, and then get directions to priority passport control (US passport in my case) and priority security as being in CE, then use Aspire 41? It has been so long since I flew out of AMS I can't remember where the priority lanes are. I suppose it makes sense to still get there 4 hours ahead, just in case.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
No issues today for BA439. Maybe 10-15 minutes in security.

Then again, the flight was delayed so I never boarded the flight (would have missed my connection) and BA rebooked me on a direct KLM flight. Nice of them.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:20 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Am traveling to AMS tomorrow (1st Sept) on BA from Gatters on the 2762. I was looking at Flightradar just now for all flights from LGW and LHR into AMS over the last few days and all seem to have significant departure delays out of LON (BA/U2/KL) in the afternoons. The last few days seems to indicate that pretty much all flights are having at least 60-90 minutes delay from the sked departure time before becoming airborne. 15-20 mins is understandable for taxi time and queues for take-off but is there anything else going on?

Today's BA2752 at 16:00 is already showing a 75 minute delay for example and the 15:55 Easyjet one is showing just under 3 hours delay!!!

Does not seem to be any weather issues so wondered if something else is going on?
ENTP likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.