Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

State of Schiphol for BA (to LHR) queues etc?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

State of Schiphol for BA (to LHR) queues etc?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:31 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Data point for today, October 22, 2022.
Arrived at 08:15 for my flight with boarding time at 11:00 and departure at 11:40. Check in took 15 minutes, which as caused by some problem at the priority line. The three customers ahead of me were checked in in two minutes each.

Priority was open, but the line was not that long. Security took in the priority line around 10 minutes and another 10 minutes for immigration. Used the facilities to the far right, as there is often one line for two self immigration gates. Lounge was busy and all passengers with lounge passes were told waiting time is one hour. Arrived in the lounge at 09:10 and was granted access without problems.

Overall not that bad.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
Arrived at 08:15 for my flight with boarding time at 11:00 and departure at 11:40. Check in took 15 minutes, which as caused by some problem at the priority line. The three customers ahead of me were checked in in two minutes each.

Priority was open, but the line was not that long. Security took in the priority line around 10 minutes and another 10 minutes for immigration. Used the facilities to the far right, as there is often one line for two self immigration gates. Lounge was busy and all passengers with lounge passes were told waiting time is one hour. Arrived in the lounge at 09:10 and was granted access without problems.

Overall not that bad.
The lovely Aspire lounge? Gosh what a disgrace that is.
When I was there the other day it was also absolutely crowded. Ended up finding a spot to sit down and was accompanied by two mice. When I mentioned this to the staff they laughed and said ''yeah, haha. They live here''.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
was accompanied by two mice. When I mentioned this to the staff they laughed and said ''yeah, haha. They live here''.
Little mice with clogs on...?
Old Oct 22, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
Back into AMS last Thursday from my ex-EU on Qatar and using BA to get back to UK:
AMS-LHR flight was delayed, gate was rammed with people waiting. When boarding was announced it was for "All passengers in groups 1, 2 and 3".
A few CE pax had to walk up the plane to stow their overhead carry-ons.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 6:58 am

I flew out of Schipol on BA on Sunday 16 October arriving at 5.45pm for a 9.15pm flight. There was no queue whatsoever at security. There was a very short line (5mins wait) at passport control.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by AleTrail
Little mice with clogs on...?
Well, I declare!
Old Oct 29, 2022, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium and lifetime PLT
couple q's on Schipol for emerald traveller...

i am oneworld emerald and landing tomorrow at ams from lhr with a canadian passport in J and curious on time to get out? is there a fast track through arrivals? And I am flying out to LHR on Tuesday am and flying economy but will my emerald enable me to fast track? apologies for the newbie question...i used to be in AMS 6 times a year but you know, pandemic thanks in advance and safe travels all!
Old Oct 30, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: BA, Virgin, Lufthansa
Originally Posted by FLYGVA

Overall not that bad.
Had a similar experience yesterday (29th Oct 22) arrived just after 12, priority security took 15 mins, no problems accessing Aspire lounge but it was quite busy 3pm and they weren’t letting Priority Pass etc card holders in
Old Oct 30, 2022, 5:09 am

Programs: Mucci Platinum Hairbrush des Bonnes Nouvelles. BA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, AA LTS, KL LTPt, Easy Flight Club
Originally Posted by billbarilko
i am oneworld emerald and landing tomorrow at ams from lhr with a canadian passport in J and curious on time to get out? is there a fast track through arrivals? And I am flying out to LHR on Tuesday am and flying economy but will my emerald enable me to fast track? apologies for the newbie question...i used to be in AMS 6 times a year but you know, pandemic thanks in advance and safe travels all!
There isn't specific fast track arrivals unless you have a Privium card which will allow you to jump the queue. But your OWE card will allow you access to fast track on Tuesday

Groetjes

Fritz
Old Oct 30, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium and lifetime PLT
big Thanks Fritz...I looked at the previum and it looks like they are not accepting applications now as it is backlogged and one can get on a waiting list...anywho, sounds like a roll of the dice coming in but hopefully getting out is better...i am in and out twice this week and will update. fwiw, LHR was a breeze (today late am) and i have FCO as well (weds in and thurs out... ahh, the glamour of travel
update - smooth coming into AMS on Sunday Oct 30 - was no line at passport control (i was 2c and key was getting there ahead of my fellow pax)
Fritz likes this.

Last edited by billbarilko; Oct 31, 2022 at 6:16 am
Old Nov 5, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Schiphol Update, 05 November 2022
Tier Point run, same-day return
*Outbound flight arrived on stand on time. Lengthy sprint to entry stairs down to Immigration to find.....a crowd and a closed entryway, similar to Tube gate closings. Stood there at least 10 minutes before the (now large) crowd was let through. Down the stairs to find...another large crowd in front of us. Pre-pandemic passports could be scanned at e-gates, sign is now blacked out to show only EU and Swiss passports allowed. 3 of 5 manual processing desks open, 2 were for non-EU passports. Exited to luggage area at 90-minute mark.
*Return flight--still in the uninspiring Aspire Lounge (what a tip it is) as I write this. Fast Track Security was fairly quick, less than 10 minutes and more down to the rookie passengers in the queue than the staff themselves. Passport Control took a while longer--lengthy queues to get to desks or e-gates. E-gates were accepting a variety of non-EU passports to process passengers, was a lot quicker than entry, probably about 25 minutes to pass through.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 7:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by airline brat
Schiphol Update, 05 November 2022
Tier Point run, same-day return
*Outbound flight arrived on stand on time. Lengthy sprint to entry stairs down to Immigration to find.....a crowd and a closed entryway, similar to Tube gate closings. Stood there at least 10 minutes before the (now large) crowd was let through. Down the stairs to find...another large crowd in front of us. Pre-pandemic passports could be scanned at e-gates, sign is now blacked out to show only EU and Swiss passports allowed. 3 of 5 manual processing desks open, 2 were for non-EU passports. Exited to luggage area at 90-minute mark.
*Return flight--still in the uninspiring Aspire Lounge (what a tip it is) as I write this. Fast Track Security was fairly quick, less than 10 minutes and more down to the rookie passengers in the queue than the staff themselves. Passport Control took a while longer--lengthy queues to get to desks or e-gates. E-gates were accepting a variety of non-EU passports to process passengers, was a lot quicker than entry, probably about 25 minutes to pass through.
why did you go out through immigration and back in through security for a same day return? did you have bags to check or were you planning to go in to Amsterdam for a few hours>
BorisBrownBear likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
why did you go out through immigration and back in through security for a same day return? did you have bags to check or were you planning to go in to Amsterdam for a few hours>
I was planning to go into Amsterdam for a short time. After the arrivals experience and not knowing what might happen getting to departures, I moved my return flight up and went back through. I certainly won't make that mistake again, although I'll probably do my best to find another, more amenable Tier Point Run destination.
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:31 pm

Data point

Nov 7th - landed 1840, disembarked 1900, arrived at immigration 1910. Done by 1915. Very small queue.

Nov 8th. Arr departures 3 at 0535. Through security and immigration by 0545. No queues at all. Had to wait for lounge to open! Wasn’t too bad in there at that time of day.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 8:16 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
This morning (9th Nov), no queues at security (signs reading 0-5 mins), and then about a dozen people in the passport check queue. From arrival at the airport to sitting airside with a coffee was about 10 mins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.