Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

State of Schiphol for BA (to LHR) queues etc?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

State of Schiphol for BA (to LHR) queues etc?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Last week UK passport holders not allowed to use egates to enter and were being told off ('you left the EU guys').

Yet were being told off for not using egates to exit (a little Union Jack has been taped on) with someone stamping your exit.

All very odd.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:52 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Daughter just came through AMS to fly home to the UK and said it took about 90 minutes from joining the queue landside to get through Security and exit Passport check and lots of people missing their flights. She was queuing from around 12:00 local time in AMS.

Although not BA related, she said there were lots of angry Ryanair pax in front and behind her saying that although it was well publicised that it was often taking 90+ minutes to get airside, the FR bag check-in area was still only opening / accepting bags from 2 hours before flight time
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Last week UK passport holders not allowed to use egates to enter and were being told off ('you left the EU guys').

Yet were being told off for not using egates to exit (a little Union Jack has been taped on) with someone stamping your exit.

All very odd.
According to the Royal Marechaussee Automatic self-service passport control | Royal Netherlands Marechaussee, UK passports are ineligible for e-Gates. Question is of course, is the site up to date?
KARFA likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stefan_nl
According to the Royal Marechaussee Automatic self-service passport control | Royal Netherlands Marechaussee, UK passports are ineligible for e-Gates. Question is of course, is the site up to date?
fine for exit, not fine for entry. there is a much longer list of passport holders shown on the signs above that can use the exit e-passport gates compared to the entry ones.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
I’m about to leave a AMS hotel for my 2:55p flight to LHR - GCH + HBO - will see if I can use priority line (I understand it can be hit and miss) and will share how long it takes @Today
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
Left Hotel 1205 - arrived 1213 - when to D gate security entrance, turned right for priority and straight upstairs into Station 6 - through by 1225 - then into Passport line - all
passports mixed up and routed to nearest station, staff didn’t care if EU / Non EU - through in 15 mins, line constantly moving.
now sat in a very busy lounge, thanking the almighty for having a GC, the queues for non-priority security looked significant- not a bad experience today
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
Anyone used Yotel Airside Departures 2?

Hi,

I am due to travel on BA423 (CE, 07.50 AMS-LHR) in August. I am staying in a hotel at AMS the night before. While it will be mid-week, I am risk averse and I have just stumbled across a comment about the Yotel which is airside in Terminal 2. Do any of the regulars at AMS have any experience with the Yotel? I understand that I can only bring hand luggage and won't have access to checked luggage (irrelevant as I'm hand luggage only). I also need to possess a valid boarding pass.

I am a total Newbie to Schiphol and I am mainly interested in whether I will be able to go through Security at Schiphol the night before departure and if I will be able to get a boarding pass at the BA check-in desk the evening before in case I can't check in online (I'm connecting at LHR to JFK, so will probably have to get my documents checked). Also, the Yotel is in Departures 2, how easy will it be to get to Departures 3? Does anyone know whether I have to go through Security again?

It's super expensive, but I think I'd rather pay than queue up for 4 hours and still risk missing my flight.

Thanks so much for any advice, as always!
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I don’t know about being able to go enter the airport airside the night before your flight but in regards to the Yotel it has recently been pricing out at around £200 for an overnight layover. Not worth it for that price IMO even with the queues outside.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:29 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Inselhuepfer
Hi,

I am due to travel on BA423 (CE, 07.50 AMS-LHR) in August. I am staying in a hotel at AMS the night before. While it will be mid-week, I am risk averse and I have just stumbled across a comment about the Yotel which is airside in Terminal 2. Do any of the regulars at AMS have any experience with the Yotel? I understand that I can only bring hand luggage and won't have access to checked luggage (irrelevant as I'm hand luggage only). I also need to possess a valid boarding pass.

I am a total Newbie to Schiphol and I am mainly interested in whether I will be able to go through Security at Schiphol the night before departure and if I will be able to get a boarding pass at the BA check-in desk the evening before in case I can't check in online (I'm connecting at LHR to JFK, so will probably have to get my documents checked). Also, the Yotel is in Departures 2, how easy will it be to get to Departures 3? Does anyone know whether I have to go through Security again?

It's super expensive, but I think I'd rather pay than queue up for 4 hours and still risk missing my flight.

Thanks so much for any advice, as always!
There's also a Mercure airside - I've stayed there. You can get airside the night before (not done it myself, but others have).
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
There's also a Mercure airside - I've stayed there. You can get airside the night before (not done it myself, but others have).
Thanks so much DYKWIA, that's really helpful, the Mercure is fully booked but at least I know that I can get airside the night before and the Yotel has availability. I'm travelling from Germany, so have to stay the night at Schiphol anyway, I think I`d rather overpay than have the stress of potential queues in the morning.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Can silvers use the fat track security? Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:50 pm

Six years ago today we voted to leave. We voted to queue and get in line to have our passports stamped and to be reminded to go home in 90 days. Our friends in Europe just whizz though the egates. Schipol last week. As seen from the endless queue.
dajdavies and TedToToe like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by wyddfa
Six years ago today we voted to leave. We voted to queue and get in line to have our passports stamped and to be reminded to go home in 90 days. Our friends in Europe just whizz though the egates. Schipol last week. As seen from the endless queue.
And we will get to use the e-passport gates in 2023 when ETIAS starts.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:19 am

Indeed we will. And we will have to fill in forms and pay. Not a huge sum but a Brexit irritant nonetheless. Ninety days remains the annual limit.

The loss of the ability to work, stay, retire and study is a much bigger issue. As an adult tutor who holds a TEFL qualification this is career harming stuff.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by wyddfa
Indeed we will. And we will have to fill in forms and pay. Not a huge sum but a Brexit irritant nonetheless. Ninety days remains the annual limit.

The loss of the ability to work, stay, retire and study is a much bigger issue. As an adult tutor who holds a TEFL qualification this is career harming stuff.
You can do all of those things still in the EU, but no longer by right. It is where we are regardless of whether you like it or not. Tbh I think we are getting a bit OMNI here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.