Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

State of Schiphol for BA (to LHR) queues etc?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

State of Schiphol for BA (to LHR) queues etc?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2022, 5:24 am

LCY service today

Hi, I see there is a rolling delay on today’s AMS-LCY service. How likely is this to affect BA 8456? Thanks
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi, I see there is a rolling delay on today’s AMS-LCY service. How likely is this to affect BA 8456? Thanks
The aircraft operating the BA8456 is currently inbound to LCY from NCE, before going to AMS on schedule. There is, however, currently an air traffic control restriction for the amount of aircraft inbound to AMS. The delays are 'moderate' (around 20mins) and subject to vary/not get too much worse.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Mister P.
I see there is a rolling delay on today’s AMS-LCY service. How likely is this to affect BA 8456?
There's not really such a thing as a rolling delay to AMS-LCY, because the individual flights are operated by different aircraft, which may get individually delayed (or not) for their own specific reasons. Some delayed flights in the morning may have no bearing at all on whether flights are delayed in the evening.

The best way to approach this is to look to see whether there is an aircraft allocated to your BA8456 today: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba8456

Then you look to see what that aircraft is currently planned to operate, and whether that specific aircraft is running very late: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-lcad

From that, you will see that the aircraft is currently a little behind coming back from NCE; but if it then has a short post-lunch nap before operating BA8455 to AMS, as is currently planned, then it could easily catch up so that your BA8456 isn't delayed at all.

Obviously, there are other things that may have an effect on this, such as the general state of the LCY operation today, whether BA may need to steal that aircraft to operate something else, whether there might be a total meltdown at AMS that causes major problems, or whether weather at either end may cause difficulties later in the day. But from a public perspective, this is probably as good as you're going to get so far as advance warning is concerned.
adrianlondon and SxMan like this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
... but if it then has a short post-lunch nap before operating BA8455 to AMS, as is currently planned, then it could easily catch up so that your BA8456 isn't delayed at all.
BA8455:
STD 1530 ATD 1541
STA 1735 ETA 1731

Source: FR24 and EF
Old Jun 6, 2022, 1:41 pm

In London! Flight slightly delayed but not much. Thanks everyone for all the tips!
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
BA seem to be sending this to anyone departing AMS atm:

Important information about your flight from Amsterdam.

Please do not come to Schiphol airport more than 4 hours before your flight.

Only customers whose flights are scheduled to depart within 4 hours will be admitted entry into the departure hall.

In order to ease congestion and reduce long queue times at the airport please bring as little baggage as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

British Airways
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by KARFA
I'll be flying out of AMS back to LHR tomorrow afternoon. It'll be interesting to see if it's improved at all over recent trips!

Coming in on Sunday on a stupidly delayed FlyBe flight (avoid at all costs until they have more aircraft in their fleet!) from Belfast, it still took 30+ mins to get through immigration at 22:30.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: Mucci Platinum Hairbrush des Bonnes Nouvelles. BA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, AA LTS, KL LTPt, Easy Flight Club
Originally Posted by GuyWMD
I'll be flying out of AMS back to LHR tomorrow afternoon. It'll be interesting to see if it's improved at all over recent trips!

Coming in on Sunday on a stupidly delayed FlyBe flight (avoid at all costs until they have more aircraft in their fleet!) from Belfast, it still took 30+ mins to get through immigration at 22:30.
In our experience, the later afternoons and evenings have been fine. Anecdotally, where there is an issue it’s been between about 07h - 11h as the lines build up for the morning flights.

Policing of the 4 hour rule is patchy and Privium still seems to work as does Priority Lane generally (albeit the latter less efficiently)
GuyWMD likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Nothing, so far, for this Saturday. I'm not planning to venture far, just up to the viewing terrace prior to returning to LHR for an, all important, 80TPs!
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Does anyone know if I can use the Schengen security check when flying to London, and then cross the border airside? I can't really see an issue with this approach, but I'm wondering if the (electronic gate) checkpoint before security will let me through.

Background to this question is that I'm travelling with friends who are flying Lufthansa in business class, and we would like to wait together (which will make any length of wait much more bearable!). Is my BA Gold status likely to give me access to the fasttrack Schengen security lane?

Thanks!
gateH15 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
This all looks like strong support for my booking LCY-RTM for next week, even if there's an hour and some bus/train at the other end to get to AMS. I'd rather spend an hour or two on a train than in a giant queue.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
I was banned from Fast Track (Gold in Y) when they realised I had a non-Gold(child) guest.

Once up the stairs I tried again with a different agent / queue comber and we were waved through.
was your child on the same
PNR? I’m OWE flying BA in Y and I have a non status companion on the same PNR. Would we both be allowed to use fast track ?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Absolutely horrendous at AMS this afternoon. We complied with the 4 hour rule (Schiphol instigated, not BA) and just managed an hour in the lounge thanks to HBO and fast track! Others were not so lucky and BA439 had to leave without 14 passengers!
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by TedToToe
Absolutely horrendous at AMS this afternoon. We complied with the 4 hour rule (Schiphol instigated, not BA) and just managed an hour in the lounge thanks to HBO and fast track! Others were not so lucky and BA439 had to leave without 14 passengers!
Sounds like the situation has actually improved since May.
TedToToe likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:17 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
I flew out on Friday evening with a (scheduled) 21:25 departure. I got to the airport at 20:40 and was through security and passport control in 5 mins. I did use fast track, but there didn't seem to be a queue on the non-priority side either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.