Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, ITA Club Executive, Mucci
Originally Posted by Sealink
16MAR22 INV LHR BA1469

An absolute step change in quality. Full on flavour.
Look at THAT! That's some meal. Look at all the colour - it looks like a meal I'd like to eat. Glad to hear it was amazing!

Exciting!!
Sealink likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

Now this is where BA could do itself some favours and send out emails to pax who have flown club during covid saying something like

Thank you for your continued loyalty
appreciate your patience with us during covid regarding food quality.
we are now rolling out an improved club europe food service

And post a few photos like those above.

That would be a good email imho.

Regards

Tbs
Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: Accor ALL Gold, BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Well, I’m crying because I’ve ordered a special meal which I can’t cancel for tomorrow’s flight from IST 😭

Sod’s law really. What are the chances the crew will let me have a normal meal if I ask nicely?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by marcokng
Well, I’m crying because I’ve ordered a special meal which I can’t cancel for tomorrow’s flight from IST 😭

Sod’s law really. What are the chances the crew will let me have a normal meal if I ask nicely?
Nil I would say. BA exact cater in CE so unless some other passenger refuses a meal (unlikely on such a long flight) you're stuck with what you ordered.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The special meal might actually be pretty good especially if the quality has also increased in line with the standard offering.
GOTBound likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:28 am

Plastic covers, foils etc are supposed to be removed btw, that's the new standard from March 15th. So bar, hot towels, it looks like a definite positive step in the right direction for Club Europe!
The _Banking_Scot and Genius1 like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP

Breakfast LHR-JER (BA2770) this am which I guess is Express band (?) Muesli, fruit platter and a decent egg/tomato/cheese roll.

Last edited by nh1980; Mar 16, 2022 at 10:15 am Reason: service banding comment
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Pre covid JER was alway a bit odd, express band with a band 1 service. That did mean you got a cooked breakfast so it does appear this has not reverted back to that.
The _Banking_Scot and Sealink like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Plastic covers, foils etc are supposed to be removed btw, that's the new standard from March 15th. So bar, hot towels, it looks like a definite positive step in the right direction for Club Europe!
Which begs the question, when is Club World reverting to the usual service?
stephenjc and AnaTravel like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
Which begs the question, when is Club World reverting to the usual service?
Not until Autumn 2022 as a minimum. That is more deeply intertwined with cabin crew shortages which is preventing resumption fully there. At least that is BA's line and I understand with BASSA's agreement (or at least acknowledgement) to it.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Not until Autumn 2022 as a minimum. That is more deeply intertwined with cabin crew shortages which is preventing resumption fully there. At least that is BA's line and I understand with BASSA's agreement (or at least acknowledgement) to it.
Hmm. Hopefully the quality / variety of the offerings on the single tray can be improved, and the coverings removed. None of that is crew dependant.
Sealink likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
I’m genuinely baffled that the CE offering is now better than CW and that it’s the same single tray concept???
VSLover, Sealink, LPQ and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:40 pm

Hmm. Hopefully the quality / variety of the offerings on the single tray can be improved, and the coverings removed. None of that is crew dependant.
Of course, I was solely responding to the full service query, which I assumed OP was inferring to the course-by-course service
From BA's own press releases, I believe there will be some interim CW improvements though, of which removal of coverings and improvement of menu itself might be on the cards. So I don't think it'll be a slog until Autumn with this current service/product standard. I would expect sometime before the British summer season, in time for holidays, is when an improvement there will take place, as a pre-cursor to resumption of "full service" from Autumn.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Where do you think all the surplus bangers & mash is headed?
Genius1 and orbitmic like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 4:44 pm

BA1306 ABZ-LHR 16-Mar

According to BA, or Do&Co, this is an onion bhaji. Hmmm. Pretty to look at but a huge disappointment as I quite fancied what I call an onion bhaji. This was a rock hard piece of pitta-like bread with some unidentifiable veg inside, hard, impossible to eat with knife and fork and really bland. I eat anything....but I didn't finish this. Pud, melon and the mini-salad with those red crunchy seeds (pomegranate?) were all nice. Crew said 'just cut through the string' to open it. A BA knife did not work so I improvised with my new implants (teeth...) Maybe Do&Co sold this as an passenger entertainment food experience?

Last edited by Spongthrush; Mar 16, 2022 at 4:48 pm Reason: forgot to mention the string

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.