Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by pmcg
They never got in touch with me at all, months ago now.
You applied and never got anything at all - no email/rejection?
I've not even had an acknowledgement email that I have applied.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by LouiseG
You applied and never got anything at all - no email/rejection?
I've not even had an acknowledgement email that I have applied.
Precisely.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by sb1982
Also, could someone confirm, if you have the free card and are accumulating spending towards the cabin upgrade voucher at the £20,000 target, and after a few months upgrade to the premium card - will your existing spending to date still stay on the new £10,000 target or does it reset to zero?
Just bumping this up in case anyone can advise on this?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 12:39 pm

Just to update my previous posts about problems with the app - I had a consistent failure to log in on first attempt and no link to Avios showing in the account.

This week, without warning or fanfare, both of those issues have gone away! I now have the app experience other people had to start with....and another Barclays product I have has been imported too.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Cotswold Eagle
Just to update my previous posts about problems with the app - I had a consistent failure to log in on first attempt and no link to Avios showing in the account.

This week, without warning or fanfare, both of those issues have gone away! I now have the app experience other people had to start with.....
Me too!
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:06 am

Just applied for my first Barclaycard - got message about further checks required and will be in touch within 5 days. Anyone else had this and been updated quicker than 5 days?
Turns out I was accepted - card arrived yesterday!
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Now I have the avios Barclaycard I’m pondering what to do with my BA prem amex. I’m about £1000 off the companion ticket but don’t really want to trigger it yet as still holding onto a stack and have until next March anyway.

Can I downgrade to the free amex, reclaim the fee (pro rata) then upgrade again, hit the target spend and trigger the companion ticket? Does anyone know if this is possible?
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Turns out I was accepted - card arrived yesterday!
Same thing! Applied, got further information needed notice, radio silence and then suddenly the card showed up in the mail. Would have appreciated an email first...
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Originally Posted by Sharratt4
Related question, now I’ve triggered my bonus points and voucher, is there any downside to downgrading to the free version?
I’d also like to know this… having read the Ts and Cs, I can’t see one?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Does anyone have any experience of having a refund for a purchase processed after cancelling the card? I know this is easy to sort out with Amex, but how does it work with the Barclaycard?

Last edited by Frequentflyer99; Jul 18, 2022 at 12:44 pm
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Does anyone have any experience of having a refund processed after cancelling the card? I know this is easy to sort out with Amex, but how does it work with the Barclaycard?
I'm not sure you would get a refund as the £20 monthly fee is taken at the start of membership and each month thereafter.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
I'm not sure you would get a refund as the £20 monthly fee is taken at the start of membership and each month thereafter.
I think the question is regarding the refund of a purchase, not the monthly fee.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by alex67500
I think the question is regarding the refund of a purchase, not the monthly fee.
Correct. The question was obviously not clearly enough worded, but now corrected !
Old Jul 19, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Has anyone successfully added their card as the payment method for TFL Congestion Charge Autopay?

I've tried three times, yesterday and today, and each time the website says the card is declined. The card is working fine everywhere else, both online and in shops, etc.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by Speedbird676
Has anyone successfully added their card as the payment method for TFL Congestion Charge Autopay?

I've tried three times, yesterday and today, and each time the website says the card is declined. The card is working fine everywhere else, both online and in shops, etc.
Not sure if it is their systems but tried booking a room with Travelodge and they couldn't recognise the card type once I had entered my number

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.