Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
My spending on Friday finally cleared overnight taking my total spend so far over the £3k threshold...
and my 25k avios bunus are already showing as transferable to BAEC with the next draw down (presume 7th June)
Old May 31, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Mrs FF99's card has finally been cancelled - what a relief ! Despite sending in a submitted tax return showing that she has a substantial income, it was a case of "computer says no" on proof of income, so she was never able to use the card. £40 down (2 months subs) we know better than to tangle with BC again, as I am also self-employed with income that cannot easily be evidenced in the format that BC require.

Has anyone in a similar position managed to get the monthly fees refunded? I am not sure I can really be bothered, esp if it involves speaking to someone. She did get the 5k HFP Avios freebie, so not a complete disaster (assuming they are not cancelled along with the card).
Old Jun 1, 2022, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Mrs FF99's card has finally been cancelled - what a relief ! Despite sending in a submitted tax return showing that she has a substantial income, it was a case of "computer says no" on proof of income, so she was never able to use the card. £40 down (2 months subs) we know better than to tangle with BC again, as I am also self-employed with income that cannot easily be evidenced in the format that BC require.

Has anyone in a similar position managed to get the monthly fees refunded? I am not sure I can really be bothered, esp if it involves speaking to someone. She did get the 5k HFP Avios freebie, so not a complete disaster (assuming they are not cancelled along with the card).
I got my first month refunded quite painlessly after it took nearly 3 weeks for my card to arrive.

If you still have access to the app, just use the chat function in it (as the website chat seems to be always down) and I only had to wait 1 min for an operator. I did not have to argue the case either, just started with the facts in the opening text and the first response was it will be waivered as a gesture of goodwill. Hope you get it!
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by roked
I got my first month refunded quite painlessly after it took nearly 3 weeks for my card to arrive.

If you still have access to the app, just use the chat function in it (as the website chat seems to be always down) and I only had to wait 1 min for an operator. I did not have to argue the case either, just started with the facts in the opening text and the first response was it will be waivered as a gesture of goodwill. Hope you get it!
Thank you, it worked a treat. 2nd month was auto refunded anyway because of the a/c closure, and the Chat agent immediately agreed a refund of month 1. So it ended up with the HFP bonus at no cost. We would still have preferred a functioning BC though !
Old Jun 6, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
I haven’t received an email about my Apple subscriptions yet - I’ve talked to Barclaycard via the chat and they have given me a link to sign up, but this leads me to a page that says: “There's a problem with our service right now”

Does anyone have an alternative link they could share for signing up to the Apple subscriptions? Thank you.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC, EK, VS FC
Once you have got the upgrade voucher etc , there any reason , other than a higher points per £, not to downgrade it to a free card?

thanks
AMLB
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by Amlb
Once you have got the upgrade voucher etc , there any reason , other than a higher points per £, not to downgrade it to a free card?

thanks
AMLB
Personally I don't see any benefits in paying £20/m either
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by Delboy65
My spending on Friday finally cleared overnight taking my total spend so far over the £3k threshold...
and my 25k avios bunus are already showing as transferable to BAEC with the next draw down (presume 7th June)
Looks like it - my 25k went across to BAEC yesterday.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Looks like it - my 25k went across to BAEC yesterday.
ditto
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: BAEC, EK, VS FC
Personally I don't see any benefits in paying £20/m either

But the key question is…..does the voucher get downgraded?

Last edited by Amlb; Jun 7, 2022 at 8:48 am Reason: Typo
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Amlb
But the key question is…..does the voucher get downgraded?
You can just cancel the card and keep the voucher. Sign up again in six months to get the bonus again.
Amlb and Delboy65 like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:38 pm

and have today received the email confirming the fact from BC
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:16 pm

Must you have the BC app to be able to manage Avios transfers? I can't see anything about Avios or tracking the sign up bonus on my account on the website.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 12:58 am

Programs: BA, Air NZ, Qantas
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Must you have the BC app to be able to manage Avios transfers? I can't see anything about Avios or tracking the sign up bonus on my account on the website.
We believe so. You can't see Avios earnt etc via the Barclays website. You have to do it via the app which the website directs you to.
CatchThePigeon likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Yes on the BC app. You have the option to link your account to your BAEC if you have not done it. It also gives you a running total of avios due plus what you have collected thus far as well as detailing any bonus you are due.. See image below.

NB Avios automatically transferred monthly to connected BAEC account.

CatchThePigeon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.