Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2024, 5:06 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Savvysaz
IAm I right in thinking that IF reward availability came up in F for either of these flights we could apply the voucher to the booking and therefore not have to pay additional fees? Or does the voucher have to be applied at the time of booking? .
You are mixing up discussions about the BC voucher and the Amex one. They are different and have different rules.
This is the barclaycard thread, but your main question seems to be about an Amex voucher booking.
A BC voucher cannot be mixed up in an F flight by any machinations either at time of booking or later.
An Amex voucher can.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
You are mixing up discussions about the BC voucher and the Amex one. They are different and have different rules.
This is the barclaycard thread, but your main question seems to be about an Amex voucher booking.
A BC voucher cannot be mixed up in an F flight by any machinations either at time of booking or later.
An Amex voucher can.
thanks for the response - the question was about the BC one not Amex. Thanks for letting me know the BC one can’t be used in F as this really was my question as well as if I couldn’t use it at the same time as the Amex voucher.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 10:45 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by BA or bust
Likewise, just swapped my soon to be useless IHG card for a Barclaycard. Application easy, great credit limit, more than I need since most of my spend goes on my BA Amex anyway. It came quickly and started using it just fine. However I wanted to buy something online and no amount of using the PinSentry or the Mobile App would get my transaction through. Gave up and used Amex. A few hours later got a call from the fraud dept. of Barclays about my many attempts. However, automated so no way of telling them it was their problem, not mine!

Apart from that, thus far happy with the card and the app which is very easy to use.
Well blow me down! Somehow I have managed to spend £20k on the card within a year, which was not my plan at all. But have had quite a few large expenses on it from merchants who do not take Amex. Still a big surprise though.

The email from BC says I have the option of a voucher or 7000 Avios. Now, as highlighted above, I am very happy with the App. However I cannot for the life of me find the voucher nor the option to have the Avios instead on the App. Can someone please point me in the right direction please.

PS Having read through many (not all!) of the posts on this thread I am going for the Avios. Neither option is fantastic value, but we are unlikely to use the voucher. In addition, the effect of taking the Avios is that I am getting 1.35 Avios per £ spent, which is approaching what I get on my (whoops I mean ‘our’) BA Premium Amex card.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BA or bust
Well blow me down! Somehow I have managed to spend £20k on the card within a year, which was not my plan at all. But have had quite a few large expenses on it from merchants who do not take Amex. Still a big surprise though.

The email from BC says I have the option of a voucher or 7000 Avios. Now, as highlighted above, I am very happy with the App. However I cannot for the life of me find the voucher nor the option to have the Avios instead on the App. Can someone please point me in the right direction please.

PS Having read through many (not all!) of the posts on this thread I am going for the Avios. Neither option is fantastic value, but we are unlikely to use the voucher. In addition, the effect of taking the Avios is that I am getting 1.35 Avios per £ spent, which is approaching what I get on my (whoops I mean ‘our’) BA Premium Amex card.
in the app it is - open your barclaycard -> view your avios -> explore bonus rewards
7000 Avios seems like poor value.
I'd suggest the voucher. A benefit over the Amex is that the card holder doesn't have to travel.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 11:16 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by danmushman
in the app it is - open your barclaycard -> view your avios -> explore bonus rewards
7000 Avios seems like poor value.
I'd suggest the voucher. A benefit over the Amex is that the card holder doesn't have to travel.
OK, found it now, thank you.

I also found that despite Barclays knowing my BAEC account number and successfully sending me Avios every month… the App made me re-link my account in order to see the voucher.

PS Just to add that though the card holder does not have to travel, I still cannot guarantee I will use it. So will probably go for the Avios, bird in the hand and all that. YMMV.
danmushman likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 4:27 am

Barclaycard Avios Plus Card

I've been waiting to get a Barclaycard Avios Plus Card for a while now since I missed the 50K avios deal last year. Is there any talk of similar deals coming up on Barclaycard or other cards with high welcome bonus?
Barclaycard Avios Plus Card
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:08 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Jackwardle1
I've been waiting to get a Barclaycard Avios Plus Card for a while now since I missed the 50K avios deal last year. Is there any talk of similar deals coming up on Barclaycard or other cards with high welcome bonus?
I think the general conclusion to that question on here was that we might not see one anytime soon because it's at a loss to Barclays, but I've been wrong (many times) before...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.