Wiki Posts
Search

BA228/229 BWI & Baltimore bridge collapse

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
BA228/229 BWI & Baltimore bridge collapse

Just a heads up for those travelling to/from BWI.
As I'm sure you will have seen in the news, a cargo ship hit the Key Bridge in Baltimore, causing it to collapse. The road is the I695 which circles Baltimore to the East - and used to be a easy route around Baltimore if you lived to the NE - and towards Philadelphia. Clearly, those travelling to BWI (including BA228/229 to/from LHR) from the NE will have to navigate the harbour tunnels or the much longer route of the I695 around the west of the city.
I also noticed that FAA has put in flight restrictions in the area, although from what I can see, should not adversely affect landings/takeoffs from BWI at least from runways 15/33 (10/28 might be).

Key Bridge many years ago (early 1998 - gosh....) from a short hop from a Cesena 172 BWI-EAS flight.
tor likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.