Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by aristoph
Uh oh. What's the bad press? Haven't been paying it a lot of attention during the spend accumulation phase.
Reading 'some' posts above where peeps had booked, done the upgrade - but downgraded on check-in/boarding
Also with so many having points to spend, getting impression that finding seats is not easy
- i do hope i am mis-judging the situation
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Delboy65
Reading 'some' posts above where peeps had booked, done the upgrade - but downgraded on check-in/boarding
Also with so many having points to spend, getting impression that finding seats is not easy
- i do hope i am mis-judging the situation
Trouble finding reward flights is a general problem at the moment, with so many flights consolidated - it’s not necessarily a Barclaycard problem. Downgrades are most likely a BA thing, I can’t think how the airline would identify reward flights using the Barclaycard voucher and single them out for downgrades vs other reward flights, but even so, it’s the current over bookings and travel chaos that are most likely to blame!
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by chistery
I swapped my platinum visa to the free card a few months ago for 1000 avios. Now I'm being offered the plus card to swap to. 5000 avios with £3k spend in three months.
did you get the bonus?
Just looking at the terms for me to downgrade from premium to free, though heading is offering me 1K avios on £1k spend... the terms seems to contradict the offer
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:51 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I signed up during the 50k Avios promo offer, but the app shows I'm on my way to a 25k bonus. Is this a known bug? Or should I be calling?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 4:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by alex67500
I signed up during the 50k Avios promo offer, but the app shows I'm on my way to a 25k bonus. Is this a known bug? Or should I be calling?
I recall reading somewhere in one of their welcome emails or FAQs that this is normal and the 25k will be awarded once you hit the target. Can confirm my app shows the same too.
alex67500 and RockyRobin like this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by alex67500
If you go to your messages (bell icon) you should see the 50K bonus details.

I have just got mine and I had the same 25k bonus in the app. I have just received my 2 x 25K.
alex67500, RockyRobin and Peter9 like this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by aristoph
Has anyone managed to downgrade to the standard card from the £20 a month model? I've just hit my £10k spend and am done for now. The app is saying no other card options available to me.
Yes, I hit 10k got my voucher and downgraded in the app (Apple).
They did take £20 off me the next month but gave me it back when I complained.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by marshy11
If you go to your messages (bell icon) you should see the 50K bonus details.

I have just got mine and I had the same 25k bonus in the app. I have just received my 2 x 25K.
Likewise - received 2 x 25k bonus credits this morning.

Coincidentally, I received an email from Barclaycard yesterday reminding me I have two months left to spend the £3,000 required for the 50k avios bonus.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
My mum has the card and got an email middle of last week to say that the points would post to her BAEC account but they still haven't. Anyone else had a delay?
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by gustavmahler
My mum has the card and got an email middle of last week to say that the points would post to her BAEC account but they still haven't. Anyone else had a delay?
points post once per month, usually 2nd working day of the month.
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by gustavmahler

The messages are automated and clearly bear no relation to reality. I got a message saying mine would post on the 2nd day of the following month, when they had actually already posted 2 weeks previously !
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
The messages are automated and clearly bear no relation to reality. I got a message saying mine would post on the 2nd day of the following month, when they had actually already posted 2 weeks previously !
I got an email on the 15th saying I'd earned the bonus and they'd (probably) be credited to my BAEC account on the 2nd working day of the next month. I received a second email the same day saying they had been credited to my BAEC account, which they haven't.

I assume they will be on 2nd September with the next sweep of points.
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 1:34 am

Sorry if I have missed this...I have searched.

Using the upgrade voucher, do you receive Avios and tier points on the booked ticket, or the upgraded class?

Old Aug 21, 2022, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by dansound
Sorry if I have missed this...I have searched.

Using the upgrade voucher, do you receive Avios and tier points on the booked ticket, or the upgraded class?

None, as you will be using the upgrade voucher only on a reward flight.
EDIflyer, dansound and Delboy65 like this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:07 am

Pay off Amex

Has anyone tried / verified if it works via Curve Fronted to pay off Amex, and if there are any charges for doing this besides Curve’s?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.