Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:47 am

Has anyone not received their sign up or spend avios yet? We hit the £3000 spend in August but still no avios….
Old Oct 4, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
The only email I’ve had was just now to say they’re adding DragonPass lounge access as a new benefit from 26th October. Although only a reduced cost of £18.50 per visit rather than free.
SavvyTravel likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by stevebintley
The only email I’ve had was just now to say they’re adding DragonPass lounge access as a new benefit from 26th October. Although only a reduced cost of £18.50 per visit rather than free.
I got this email as well, and this would be the same thing as Curve Metal/Monzo Premium/Revolut Metal offers with their premium plans.

Although it might be slightly cheaper to access the lounges with Barclaycard, other cards provide no foreign FX fees compared to them so no point for me to keep the Barclaycard Avios Plus after getting that upgrade voucher.

If they offered a few vouchers to access lounges like Amex is doing, then I might have stayed…
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by DreamXWB
I got this email as well, and this would be the same thing as Curve Metal/Monzo Premium/Revolut Metal offers with their premium plans.

Although it might be slightly cheaper to access the lounges with Barclaycard, other cards provide no foreign FX fees compared to them so no point for me to keep the Barclaycard Avios Plus after getting that upgrade voucher.

If they offered a few vouchers to access lounges like Amex is doing, then I might have stayed…
I agree, and it's a shame - they are making it a hard sell, really. I would love a reason to keep the premium card once I qualify for the voucher, but I am not even sure the voucher itself is that valuable given the restrictions, so I doubt I need another next year.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 12:30 pm

Yep. I just hit the spend requirement for the voucher so I’ll be downgrading to the no-fee card asap. I think it was worth paying for 4 months at £20/month in order to get the joining bonus and then the voucher. I’ll keep the free card so that I have a second Avios-collecting card for when Amex isn’t accepted.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
The app is so bad I think I will sacrifice the extra earning .5 point for an easier life with my IHG card for non Amex purchases.

You can’t tell what amount it will let you pay off, I get error messages all over the shop. I’m used to the Amex app being in real time too.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 2:09 pm

Looks like there's a new Barclays offer, which might be of interest to other Barclaycard Avios customers.

100k Avios if you open their premier current account and hold it for at least 4 months. I think it's £12 a month.

so 4 x £12 for premier current acc
+ 4 x £20 for Barclaycard Avois Plus Mastercard
= £128 for 100k avios

Good deal? Article here

https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/huge...0-bonus-avios/
Old Oct 5, 2022, 6:40 am

So this is case of the early bird does not get the worm

For those of us that signed up initially, we missed the subsequent doubling of the sign up offer and now this offer where, if you have had a plus card in the last 12 months and no longer have it, you are not eligible. I would imagine most of the people that signed up early would have completed the spend requirement and downgraded since, hence cant do this
Old Oct 5, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by ID90_J
Looks like there's a new Barclays offer, which might be of interest to other Barclaycard Avios customers.

100k Avios if you open their premier current account and hold it for at least 4 months. I think it's £12 a month.

so 4 x £12 for premier current acc
+ 4 x £20 for Barclaycard Avois Plus Mastercard
= £128 for 100k avios

Good deal? Article here

https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/huge...0-bonus-avios/
Saw this 100k Avios promotion plastered all over the billboards at Canary Wharf station today.

Enticing but with the requirement to have your salary paid into the account, it's not a simple switch. I'd have to close or downgrade my HSBC Premier account as that also requires your salary to be paid into it.

I guess that makes sense though - they throw a bucket of Avois at you so you'll move your primary banking over to them.

I'm hoping they bring back the 50k for the card, I missed that promo and it's now back down to 25k.
CatchThePigeon likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 3:05 pm

Switching current accounts is a big ask but 129,800 Avios for £128 is a pretty big incentive. Sorely tempted!
Old Oct 5, 2022, 11:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
I'd have to close or downgrade my HSBC Premier account as that also requires your salary to be paid into it.
I don't think there is a requirement.

You need to earna. certain amount or have 50k plus with HSBC.

But I don't think it is a requirement to actually pay into the account. Might be wrong.

In any event they are unlikely to jump on you if you miss a few months.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 1:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
I upgraded from the free Avios card to the Avios Plus card, and my spend target tracker towards the cabin upgrade voucher has rest to zero now that the switch has happened. Is that correct?

I thought it would have preserved but it’s now empty and the target date has also changed to a year from now. This is quite disappointing, as I’d accumulated some spend (towards the previous £20K target) which I assumed would count.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hhonours Diamond
Is anyone else seeing a delay in posting Avios from Barclaycard to BAEC, which should've been done earlier this week? I just had this response from Barclaycard but not sure if they are fobbing me off..

Please know the issue with the delayed AVIOS is known and is being urgently worked on by another team. It's affecting a number of customers so please don't worry there's an issue with your account. Your account and card will be completely unaffected and can be used as normal. While the team couldn't provide an ETA for when they will have the fix in place, it's being worked on as a priority and they hope it won't be too much longer. Huge apologies for any inconvenience and thanks so much for your patience.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by desiman
Is anyone else seeing a delay in posting Avios from Barclaycard to BAEC, which should've been done earlier this week? I just had this response from Barclaycard but not sure if they are fobbing me off..

Please know the issue with the delayed AVIOS is known and is being urgently worked on by another team. It's affecting a number of customers so please don't worry there's an issue with your account. Your account and card will be completely unaffected and can be used as normal. While the team couldn't provide an ETA for when they will have the fix in place, it's being worked on as a priority and they hope it won't be too much longer. Huge apologies for any inconvenience and thanks so much for your patience.
Me and my partner same thing, and they are fobbing me off to say that I should double check my BA account, but no Avios have posted (and they are actually still ‘pending’ in my Barclaycard app).
Old Oct 6, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hhonours Diamond
Originally Posted by sb1982
Me and my partner same thing, and they are fobbing me off to say that I should double check my BA account, but no Avios have posted (and they are actually still ‘pending’ in my Barclaycard app).
Same, pending here too. Infuriating when you need the Avios for a xmas booking!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.