Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Mine still does not work with Apple Pay - says it's awaiting verification. Apparently this is a known issue which they are still fixing.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by Paren
Mine still does not work with Apple Pay - says it's awaiting verification. Apparently this is a known issue which they are still fixing.
Mine has been up and running for over a month now on Apple Pay.

Agree about the card quality though - it used to be pretty smart but now looks rather naff in the wallet.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, Marriott Silver
I don’t think the physical card itself really matters especially with contactless or Apple Pay nobody is going to look at the card.

This card is great. It is Mastercard so places actually accept it and if you have a Barclays premier account the annual fee works out much less than the Amex BA. 50k Avios bonus was very nice too. I still hold the Amex as well because I like the travel insurance triple avios for BA bookings and the fact you can use the companion voucher in F.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 2:54 am

I've just logged into the Barclaycard app and it appears I can switch my current card to the Avios card with a bonus of 1,000 Avios... this strikes me as a poor deal. Am I right in thinking this isn't worth it and I should hold out until they offer the Avios Plus? Although why I haven't received an Avios Plus offer confuses me a little as I'd have thought I fit the criteria but hey-ho.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:54 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I swapped my platinum visa to the free card a few months ago for 1000 avios. Now I'm being offered the plus card to swap to. 5000 avios with £3k spend in three months.
Delboy65 and HeyUpDuck like this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by chistery
I swapped my platinum visa to the free card a few months ago for 1000 avios. Now I'm being offered the plus card to swap to. 5000 avios with £3k spend in three months.
Interesting. I wonder why they are doing it like that? I may take a chance and do the free card for now. If they offer me the Plus after a few months, it ends up with more Avios than straight to Plus so could be worth it in the long run.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
You may not get a welcome bonus the 2nd time though.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:56 am

Has anyone managed to downgrade to the standard card from the £20 a month model? I've just hit my £10k spend and am done for now. The app is saying no other card options available to me.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: Virgin Points
I have still not had an answer from them about my credit limit. I am self employed and supplied all HMRC docs and statements. My account has been sitting at a £50 credit limit since I opened it at the end of June and I was charged the monthly fee last month. I have contacted them over and over and they have not been helpful.

Should I just cancel the card? I had some big purchases for the 3K but I have had to use my debit card now. There is no point me keeping this card is there?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by aristoph
Has anyone managed to downgrade to the standard card from the £20 a month model? I've just hit my £10k spend and am done for now. The app is saying no other card options available to me.
Have you tried the help chat on the app? Curious, as that’s what I plan to do when I hit 10K.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by sb1982
Have you tried the help chat on the app? Curious, as that’s what I plan to do when I hit 10K.
No, as I want to see the voucher hit my account first. Sounds like this is going to be quite the process.....
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by HeyUpDuck
I've just logged into the Barclaycard app and it appears I can switch my current card to the Avios card with a bonus of 1,000 Avios... this strikes me as a poor deal. Am I right in thinking this isn't worth it and I should hold out until they offer the Avios Plus? Although why I haven't received an Avios Plus offer confuses me a little as I'd have thought I fit the criteria but hey-ho.
Reading all the bad press about these vouchers am thinking of giving up the chase and ditching the card
Was looking around the app for clues as to what I may need to do and noticed same offer... so another 1k avios to downgrade from paid to free..
No brainer me thinks
Old Aug 8, 2022, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by aristoph
are you using iphone or andriod app? If you are using the andriod app click ..., select cards and then change to a different card, it should show in there. I get the option for the normal avios barclaycard (which I should still be able to do next month when I hit £10k). If you are not getting anything in there then I think chat is your next best option.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 12:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by roked
are you using iphone or andriod app? If you are using the andriod app click ..., select cards and then change to a different card, it should show in there. I get the option for the normal avios barclaycard (which I should still be able to do next month when I hit £10k). If you are not getting anything in there then I think chat is your next best option.
Using the Android app, I only have the Avios Plus card and have hit the £3k mark for the 50k bonus which I've received but clicking through to change card it tells me I have no options to change.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Delboy65
Reading all the bad press about these vouchers am thinking of giving up the chase and ditching the card
Uh oh. What's the bad press? Haven't been paying it a lot of attention during the spend accumulation phase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.