Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
I am sure it is being discussed, but I can't find the discussion on BAEC going to revenue based earning. Can someone please point me to it?

(Loyalty Lobby: https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/10/31/...3/?omhide=true)
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Here you go Spend-based Avios earning coming to BAEC in 2023
JessicaTam likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:23 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Hi All, question regarding single flight numbers with stopovers. QR672 DOH-MLE-CMB is only counted DOH-CMB correct?
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:26 am

for getting avios and TPs? yes that's correct.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 9:48 am

Had this posted to my account today, can't remember taking part of any promotion or why such a massive amount. Anybody else had this?

Off to book F redemption to SYD now
Old Nov 17, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi everyone, quick (and probably stupid) question. I'm aware that I can call BA and link bookings as a Gold to enable seat selection, but would this also mean that my partner's booking goes into Group 1 for boarding with me, or does that remain separate? Many thanks in advance.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by richiejv
Hi everyone, quick (and probably stupid) question. I'm aware that I can call BA and link bookings as a Gold to enable seat selection, but would this also mean that my partner's booking goes into Group 1 for boarding with me, or does that remain separate? Many thanks in advance.
Yes, goes to Group 1. (Not a stupid question - your partner has to call BA first to allow others to access your booking. Then you can call BA and tell them to link them together and what seat to request.)
richiejv likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jaro
Yes, goes to Group 1. (Not a stupid question - your partner has to call BA first to allow others to access your booking. Then you can call BA and tell them to link them together and what seat to request.)
that is possible??? So if I as gold member make a booking for myself and whoever make their own booking we can link it together and he can also use gold benefits? What are the conditions for that? You have ti travel on the very same flights or is there some wiggle room? Then there will be only one booking ID or still two? So many questions I never heard about this
Old Nov 17, 2022, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by casey89
that is possible??? So if I as gold member make a booking for myself and whoever make their own booking we can link it together and he can also use gold benefits? What are the conditions for that? You have ti travel on the very same flights or is there some wiggle room? Then there will be only one booking ID or still two? So many questions I never heard about this
if you link you can do free seat selection across bookings, and board together (free seat selection is only possible when on the same flight in the same cabin so it goes without saying you will be travelling together). That’s it.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
Hi all,
I'm trying to renew my GGL status with reduced threshold. Tier Points are not problem but I don't have any BA flights flown during this collection year.

Any ideas how to get those 4eligible flights cost-effectively by the end of 2022? I'm based in Finland, all HEL-LHR-xxx economy tickets seem to cost over 600€. Maybe positioning to BRU and flying BRU-LHR-DUB return?
Old Nov 20, 2022, 7:33 am

Sorry guys this must be a very basic question but I've read various threads and guides and still cant find the answer. If I book a flight while silver, but will be bronze by the time I fly (year runs out next month and absolutely no chance of making it, not close and won't be trying for it), what benefits apply?

Presumably if I'm silver at point of booking I could immediately select seats to take advantage of that, but at point of flight I wouldn't get lounge access or the higher point collection rate? And on which would the eligibility for the extra checked bag be based, I'm guessing bronze entitlement (or lack of) would apply too.
AJA_ and casey89 like this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by paulmasterton
Sorry guys this must be a very basic question but I've read various threads and guides and still cant find the answer. If I book a flight while silver, but will be bronze by the time I fly (year runs out next month and absolutely no chance of making it, not close and won't be trying for it), what benefits apply?

Presumably if I'm silver at point of booking I could immediately select seats to take advantage of that, but at point of flight I wouldn't get lounge access or the higher point collection rate? And on which would the eligibility for the extra checked bag be based, I'm guessing bronze entitlement (or lack of) would apply too.
You understand correctly. If you choose seats while Silver they may still stick provided no change of plane but I wouldn't bank on it. Also baggage allowance will be for Bronze and no lounge access either (unless you buy a Club ticket). Don't forget though that your silver status runs to the end of February assuming your Tier Point year end is 8 January 2023 so if you fly in Feburary 2023 you will still be Silver. Any later than that you will only have Bronze priveleges
Old Nov 21, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Hi guys, I am about to buy tickets in PE cabin and the flight is handled by A388. Both me and my wife are BAEC Gold members but I am unable to select the first row in the PE cabin (row 61). I checked on experflyer that the 61A/K are not occupied but just blocked. I mean who if not gold members are able to select those seats during the booking? The flight date is in mid February.

Last edited by casey89; Nov 21, 2022 at 2:39 pm Reason: spelling
Old Nov 21, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Hi guys, I am about to buy tickets in PE cabin and the flight is handled by A388. Both me and my wife are BAEC Gold members but I am unable to select the first row in the PE cabin (row 61). I checked on experflyer that the 61A/K are not occupied but just blocked. I mean who if not gold members are able to select those seats during the booking? The flight date is in mid February.
I'm not sure but it is possible that those are the bassinet seats in which case they are blocked for families with babies which is why you even as Gold will not be able to select them.
casey89 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
61A/K are bassinet seats. They don't open up to non-family selection usually until a couple of days before departure.
See this thread for A380 seating:
BA Airbus A380: Which are the best seats? Master discussion thread
Also see:
https://www.aerolopa.com/ba-type-38a
casey89 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.