Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond IHG Spire ANEK Ferries Gold
So the ticket stock does not matter?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by BravoKilo
So the ticket stock does not matter?
Not sure where you are intending flying but generally BA ticket on BA metal earns more Avios than BA ticket on AA metal. The TP will be the same on either airline and depends more on the route and class of ticket although I believe there is a peculiarity with Premium Economy P class on AA metal not earning TP even though they should.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Data point asking BA to carry forward significant TP from the day before end that together with current flying would establish Silver status? My bad as I did not realize my wife's year end was the day before she flew.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by testycal
Data point asking BA to carry forward significant TP from the day before end that together with current flying would establish Silver status? My bad as I did not realize my wife's year end was the day before she flew.
Other than the two week extension from the 8th of the month (available with the full tier point requirement -- not available with the reduced tier point requirement) I have not seen any reports of BAEC otherwise carrying forward or crediting tier points in a future earning year (either pre- or post-pandemic).
I assume your wife was trying to reach silver for the first time (450TPs), otherwise silver renewal is only 300TPs for July-Sept earning year ends.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...eshold-reduced

The only reduced option would seem to be earning 450 TPs by 31DEC22 as I doubt BAEC will roll any TPs from last year into this year.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:40 pm

I have booked 10 different hotel stays through British Airways and Hotels.com during the last 6 months in order to get Avios. This was before hotels.com bookings had to go through BA shopping portal. You had to follow a link at BA.com and manually enter your BAEC number to Hotels.com booking. Guess how many my stays have been credited? Answer: none. Tried to contact Hotels.com customer service but eventually gave up after speaking with few agents. They don't have a clue over there. Well done BA. Well done!
Old Aug 15, 2022, 6:26 am

Not sure if this the right topic but:

double avios Iberia (QR)

Earn double Avios on your trips to or from Europe and South America with our partner Iberia and let us take you further to mesmerizing destinations including the Maldives, Johannesburg, Gran Canaria and Buenos Aires

T&C's :

Spoiler

Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:25 am

Started new year just over 2 months ago, amassed 1185 points and had 4 flights...should now be gold achievement unlocked and card expiry of July 2024?
Old Aug 19, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dansound
Started new year just over 2 months ago, amassed 1185 points and had 4 flights...should now be gold achievement unlocked and card expiry of July 2024?
No, since you got the extension to June 2023, the end-of-year 25% reduction doesn't apply. Get the remaining TPs before 8 June 2023 and you'll get another year of Gold.

Last edited by gormless; Aug 20, 2022 at 7:01 pm Reason: Incorrect response.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 2:10 pm

Apologies if I sound thick but just to be sure can I just ask.

i will need 2 more qualifying flights to get up to the 4 required for Silver/Gold am I right in thinking if i do a MAN-IOM return on LM with a BA flight number these will count?
Old Aug 19, 2022, 2:36 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BravoKilo
Apologies if I sound thick but just to be sure can I just ask.

i will need 2 more qualifying flights to get up to the 4 required for Silver/Gold am I right in thinking if i do a MAN-IOM return on LM with a BA flight number these will count?
yes. If you book a ba codeshare on any operator that will count.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
yes. If you book a ba codeshare on any operator that will count.
Thanks KARFA that was what I thought but just wanted to make sure
Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dansound
[image deleted]
Originally Posted by gormless
No, since you got the extension to June 2023, the end-of-year 25% reduction doesn't apply. Get the remaining TPs before 8 June 2023 and you'll get another year of Gold.
I don't believe that this is correct. The reduced tier point reductions apply to anyone with a 2023 collection year end provided they obtain the reduced tier points by year end 2022. From ba.com:
Members with a Tier Point Collection Year end date in 2023 can benefit from the reduced thresholds to renew or upgrade their status for the following membership year, if they earn the required number of Tier Points by 31 December 2022 only. From 1 January 2023 the reduced Tier thresholds will no longer apply.

Please note, Members with a Tier Point Collection Year end date in 2023 will see the normal Tier Point threshold in the ‘My Account’ area on ba.com and the British Airways app from the start of their Tier Point collection year.

If your Tier Point Collection Year end date is in 2023 and you are eligible to upgrade your Tier status under the reduced Tier Point thresholds, your membership will automatically be upgraded once you have earnt the required number of Tier Points. There is no need to contact us to arrange this.

If your Tier Point Collection Year end date is in 2023 and you are eligible to renew your Tier status under the reduced Tier Point thresholds, your membership will be automatically renewed in January 2023. There is no need to contact us to arrange this.
Emphasis added. See the FAQs here:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...s-and-benefits

From the FAQs those earning/renewing via the reduced tier point levels before 1JAN23, will not see the effects of the renewal until JAN23.

More information can be found in the extensions thread:
FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
KARFA and dansound like this.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Aug 19, 2022 at 4:09 pm Reason: deleted image in quote
Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
I stand corrected. I'm seeing the reduced threshold in the app since I'm a November roll-over. I assumed the fact that 1500 was showing up was due to that not being available, incorrectly.
Clear as mud.
Apologies for getting this wrong.
jerry a. laska and dansound like this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gormless
I stand corrected. I'm seeing the reduced threshold in the app since I'm a November roll-over. I assumed the fact that 1500 was showing up was due to that not being available, incorrectly.
Clear as mud.
Apologies for getting this wrong.
They definitely are not making it easy with the periodic extensions, reductions, limited time and availability reductions, and the continued errors in the status displays in people's accounts.
gormless and dansound like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: BA
Quick 50 TP

Anyone know of a cheap way to get me 50 TP so i can gain my silver membership?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.