Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm still confused about what will count for the four BA segments to get BA Gold. I know BA-operated flights count. What if I buy a BA-marketed, but AA-operated flight from BA's website? Will that count? Will basic economy fares count? I'm currently a BA Silver.
Yes. See section 02 of this post:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33863721-post4.html
lsquare, Spanish and AJA_ like this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Apologies if this Question was asked.

I have recently made Bronze and Very close to Silver. I currently hold the required tier points for Silver. However, I only have 2 eligible flights. I require an additional 2. And with the whole membership year, my year will end next month and I have no plans to fly in the next couple of weeks.

So my question is would be, does BA have any kind of flexibility towards this other than the 2 week grace period?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:49 am

I couldn't find the answer to my question on this thread or on the board, apologies if I missed it but:

My Tier Points Collection Year ends August 8. I'm flying a JFK-LHR-CDG with departure on August 8 and arrival on the 9th of august. This the return leg from a trip.
Will the tierpoints be added to the old year (hopefully) or will they count in the new collection year?

TIA!
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by jeroen100
I couldn't find the answer to my question on this thread or on the board, apologies if I missed it but:

My Tier Points Collection Year ends August 8. I'm flying a JFK-LHR-CDG with departure on August 8 and arrival on the 9th of august. This the return leg from a trip.
Will the tierpoints be added to the old year (hopefully) or will they count in the new collection year?

TIA!
it is always date of departure that counts. So you are in luck it will count towards your old year
jeroen100 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Apologies if this Question was asked.

I have recently made Bronze and Very close to Silver. I currently hold the required tier points for Silver. However, I only have 2 eligible flights. I require an additional 2. And with the whole membership year, my year will end next month and I have no plans to fly in the next couple of weeks.

So my question is would be, does BA have any kind of flexibility towards this other than the 2 week grace period?
Unfortunately not, BA requires you to have the 4 eligible flights in addition to the required TP.

Unless you could show BA that you had some eligible flights that were cancelled by them?

if you do have flights booked in the 1st two weeks of your new year then definitely go for the grace period option.

Otherwise are you able to do a "cheap" RJ return to Jordan before the TP year end? I realise you are a bit stuck with shorthaul options given your location.

You could always just ask on the basis nothing ventured nothing gained but go with the expectation of a polite no from BA.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:56 am

TIA!
Originally Posted by AJA_
it is always date of departure that counts. So you are in luck it will count towards your old year
Further to my reply above I just noticed that you are also flying LHR to CDG. Presumably that flight departs from LHR on the morning of the 9th? If so the TP and Avios for that will post into the new year.

If you require them to get or retain status you could ask for them to apply using the grace period option offered by BA. But if you are also going for the reduced thresholds you may find that BA might not play ball.
jeroen100 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:01 am

Further to my reply above I just noticed that you are also flying LHR to CDG. Presumably that flight departs from LHR on the morning of the 9th? If so the TP and Avios for that will post into the new year.

If you require them to get or retain status you could ask for them to apply using the grace period option offered by BA. But if you are also going for the reduced thresholds you may find that BA might not play ball.
Thanks! useful info. I don't need the TP's from the LHR-CDG flight to get to silver, I believe the JFK-LHR will get me there.

Edit: im flying AMS-LHR-MIA in F outbound so that would mean i would get to from 400 to 650 with that flight. It might even be better for me to have the return counted for the new year.

Last edited by jeroen100; Mar 30, 2022 at 8:06 am
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:28 am

Thanks! useful info. I don't need the TP's from the LHR-CDG flight to get to silver, I believe the JFK-LHR will get me there.

Edit: im flying AMS-LHR-MIA in F outbound so that would mean i would get to from 400 to 650 with that flight. It might even be better for me to have the return counted for the new year.
How many TP do you currently have? Are you saying you already have 400TP so the outbound will add 250TP? If so then you are correct the return will get you nothing (other than to add to your lifetime counter and potentially count towards the 4 eligible flights required)

On the other hand you will then get another 140TP (assuming you're travelling Club World on the JFK-LHR Sector). That will take you to 790TP or 830TP if you count the LHR-CDG flight as 40TP and backdate? Any chance you will be doing any other flights in the meantime to get another 335 / 295TP which would get you to Gold?
jeroen100 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:46 am

How many TP do you currently have? Are you saying you already have 400TP so the outbound will add 250TP? If so then you are correct the return will get you nothing (other than to add to your lifetime counter and potentially count towards the 4 eligible flights required)

On the other hand you will then get another 140TP (assuming you're travelling Club World on the JFK-LHR Sector). That will take you to 790TP or 830TP if you count the LHR-CDG flight as 40TP and backdate? Any chance you will be doing any other flights in the meantime to get another 335 / 295TP which would get you to Gold?
I've a july trip that will net me 400TP and 430 for the second trip in august. i'd never even thought of going for gold but if i only need 335/295 TP and the fact that i've some vouchers to burn,, food for thought!
thanks again!
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
I've a july trip that will net me 400TP and 430 for the second trip in august. i'd never even thought of going for gold but if i only need 335/295 TP and the fact that i've some vouchers to burn,, food for thought!
thanks again!
Like you I had never thought that I would ever make gold, but with the reduction to 1,125 TP this year, it has brought it within reach. Fortunately I did the calculations before I bought a return BHD MAD for June and by booking CE will mean I will reach 1,125 this year...just! The thing that really swung it for me, is that knowing that with the soft landing, whatever happens next year, I will still be silver in 2024.
AmaaiZeg, sarahluv and abraxias like this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 4:06 am

Unfortunately not, BA requires you to have the 4 eligible flights in addition to the required TP.

Unless you could show BA that you had some eligible flights that were cancelled by them?

if you do have flights booked in the 1st two weeks of your new year then definitely go for the grace period option.

Otherwise are you able to do a "cheap" RJ return to Jordan before the TP year end? I realise you are a bit stuck with shorthaul options given your location.

You could always just ask on the basis nothing ventured nothing gained but go with the expectation of a polite no from BA.
Thanks for the tip. I assume Partner flights doesn't fall within the requirements. I flew Qatar during the beginning of the membership year and it didn't count (4 flights specifically). If that does count I might be able to file a claim.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Thanks for the tip. I assume Partner flights doesn't fall within the requirements. I flew Qatar during the beginning of the membership year and it didn't count (4 flights specifically). If that does count I might be able to file a claim.
Unfortunately the 4 eligible flights have to be either BA marketed or operated or IB metal. So the Qatar flights wont count towards the 4 eligible flights unless they had BA flight numbers (ie a BA code share) but they definitely could give you Avios and earned TP if you had credited to BAEC. Obviously now that Qatar Airways has adopted Avios as its reward currency thats less of an issue as you can just combine with BAEC and transfer at will. So I will be clearer, my suggestion of a "cheap" RJ flight is that it should be RJ operated but on a BA code share.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:49 am

Unfortunately the 4 eligible flights have to be either BA marketed or operated or IB metal. So the Qatar flights wont count towards the 4 eligible flights unless they had BA flight numbers (ie a BA code share) but they definitely could give you Avios and earned TP if you had credited to BAEC. Obviously now that Qatar Airways has adopted Avios as its reward currency thats less of an issue as you can just combine with BAEC and transfer at will. So I will be clearer, my suggestion of a "cheap" RJ flight is that it should be RJ operated but on a BA code share.
Yeah I don't think that is doable. Was in London a couple of weeks ago and had I knew this I would've taken a cheap flight over the weekend to anywhere.

Honestly all I care about is the excess baggage benefit when flying in Euro Traveller.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Will this fare count towards my four BA segments?

I'm surprised BA isn't selling this fare. I found it on AA's website via Google Flights.

AA6915, but BA-operated
AA6764, but BA-operated
BA823
AA6916, but BA-operated

Surprisingly, AA's website doesn't show the fare code. I don't see it anywhere on AA's mobile site, so I don't know how many TPs I'll earn.

As you guys can see, all four flights are operated by BA, but three of them are AA-marketed. Will this fare qualify?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Will this fare count towards my four BA segments?

I'm surprised BA isn't selling this fare. I found it on AA's website via Google Flights.

AA6915, but BA-operated
AA6764, but BA-operated
BA823
AA6916, but BA-operated

Surprisingly, AA's website doesn't show the fare code. I don't see it anywhere on AA's mobile site, so I don't know how many TPs I'll earn.

As you guys can see, all four flights are operated by BA, but three of them are AA-marketed. Will this fare qualify?
Yes they should all qualify as they are either BA operated (the AA flight no's) or BA marketed and operated (the BA flight no)
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.