FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:56 am
AJA_

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by jeroen100
I couldn't find the answer to my question on this thread or on the board, apologies if I missed it but:

My Tier Points Collection Year ends August 8. I'm flying a JFK-LHR-CDG with departure on August 8 and arrival on the 9th of august. This the return leg from a trip.
Will the tierpoints be added to the old year (hopefully) or will they count in the new collection year?

TIA!
Originally Posted by AJA_
it is always date of departure that counts. So you are in luck it will count towards your old year
Further to my reply above I just noticed that you are also flying LHR to CDG. Presumably that flight departs from LHR on the morning of the 9th? If so the TP and Avios for that will post into the new year.

If you require them to get or retain status you could ask for them to apply using the grace period option offered by BA. But if you are also going for the reduced thresholds you may find that BA might not play ball.