Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2022 | 10:56 am
Moderator, Emirates
10 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
After an 8-9 year hiatus, have finally reached Gold again. Noticed in the app it said ‘Gold retained’?? Pity it’s going to be a few months now before I have a BA/OW flight 😄😄
Old May 25, 2022 | 11:12 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by Saltire74
After an 8-9 year hiatus, have finally reached Gold again. Noticed in the app it said Gold retained?? Pity its going to be a few months now before I have a BA/OW flight 😄😄
Congratulations - don't forget to change your Programs status
Saltire74 likes this.
Old May 26, 2022 | 3:06 am

Programs: BA Blue
Hi all. I've done a quick search and couldn't find anything. My renewal date is 08 November 2022 until 08 November 2023. As per the BA website am I right in thinking that if I earned the points ( 450 for Silver and 1125 for Gold ) before 31 December 2022 I'd be bumped to the relevant tier using the reduced rate? So between 09 November and 31 December 2022. I did ask someone at the Exec Club and they say no, the normal Tier Points would be the higher amounts. BA.com just says otherwise that's how I read it anyway.

Last edited by 747lover; May 26, 2022 at 3:13 am
Old May 26, 2022 | 3:53 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by 747lover
Hi all. I've done a quick search and couldn't find anything. My renewal date is 08 November 2022 until 08 November 2023. As per the BA website am I right in thinking that if I earned the points ( 450 for Silver and 1125 for Gold ) before 31 December 2022 I'd be bumped to the relevant tier using the reduced rate? So between 09 November and 31 December 2022. I did ask someone at the Exec Club and they say no, the normal Tier Points would be the higher amounts. BA.com just says otherwise that's how I read it anyway.
You are correct. The reduced TP requirements are in place until 31 Dec 2022 so if you can earn 450TP between 9Nov and 31Dec2022 you will be Silver until 8Nov2024. Likewise Gold for the same dates if you earn 1125TP
Old May 26, 2022 | 8:21 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Newbie to BAH travel so I now have a question on the trip I have just taken.
I flew GOT-LHR-AMS in CE and stayed at a hotel in AMS. I have received the TP and Avios as expected from the flights, but should I not get any Avios for the hotel stay?
This was all booked in one go as a BAH trip, one way travel. Or does it just take a bit longer to get the points earned for the hotel?

Thank you,

LcS
Old May 26, 2022 | 1:09 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
Newbie to BAH travel so I now have a question on the trip I have just taken.
I flew GOT-LHR-AMS in CE and stayed at a hotel in AMS. I have received the TP and Avios as expected from the flights, but should I not get any Avios for the hotel stay?
This was all booked in one go as a BAH trip, one way travel. Or does it just take a bit longer to get the points earned for the hotel?

Thank you,

LcS
It's a while since i bought a BAH holiday but i recall that it takes about 30 days after you get back from the trip before the bonus avios post.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old May 28, 2022 | 11:18 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: BA Bronze, SPG Gold
Family holiday

I have booked 12 members of my family on a flight from Heathrow and was able to pre-book all the seats.

One of the benefits of being a gold card holder is being able to use first class check-in, security, et cetera and at Heathrow passengers gain direct access to the lounge from security. Presumably therefore, other members of the party who are not gold card holders will not be able to use first class check-in et cetera, but I realise that my wife and I will each be able to take a guest into the lounge.

Am I understanding this procedure correctly?
Old May 28, 2022 | 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by botham
I have booked 12 members of my family on a flight from Heathrow and was able to pre-book all the seats.

One of the benefits of being a gold card holder is being able to use first class check-in, security, et cetera and at Heathrow passengers gain direct access to the lounge from security. Presumably therefore, other members of the party who are not gold card holders will not be able to use first class check-in et cetera, but I realise that my wife and I will each be able to take a guest into the lounge.

Am I understanding this procedure correctly?
Access rules for first wing security are the same as for access to the First lounge; you are correct that other members of your party will not be able to access first wing security. You may be able to all use the first desks to check in but you will probably have to use regular fast track security (if you accompany all members of your party to regular security).
See also:
Guests in First Wing & CCR
Group travel lounge question
Queues at First Wing security?
botham and m8_rotate like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022 | 1:58 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Tier Points QR paid upgrade

The other half UG'd both legs on a MAN - MNL April18. As expected Y Avios and no lounge.

But got J tier points. So 280 chalked up.... is that a fluke?

If normal it is likely worth paying for at least one leg UG on return to make Silver attainable with 4 BA Flights before end of Feb tier point year.

Was the original credit correct?
If not can it be resecinded
Is the full J tier points for the UG still likely to be offered this month when she returns? i.e. 140 (will probably UG DOH - MAN anyway).

Hope I haven't drawn attention to a crediting error. LOL
Old Jun 7, 2022 | 4:07 am
20 Countries Visited100k

Programs: BAEC Silver
Looks like we now earn Tier bonuses on flights with Finnair. It's less than the normal published percentages however:
  • Avios tier bonus? Yes (10% extra for Bronze, 15% extra for Silver and 25% extra for Gold Members).
Old Jun 12, 2022 | 2:50 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
My partner qualified for Gold via a Finnair flight on 3 June. The outbound flight was credited but the 3 June inbound has yet to be, and meanwhile his end of year reset happened. Im assuming various IT bleeps and bloops in the background will eventually show Gold credited for the coming year, but what is the typical amount of time for this to happen? Or rather,when should I start to make a fuss? Outside the two week post new year start date?
Old Jun 12, 2022 | 9:56 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sondra_finchley
My partner qualified for Gold via a Finnair flight on 3 June. The outbound flight was credited but the 3 June inbound has yet to be, and meanwhile his end of year reset happened. Im assuming various IT bleeps and bloops in the background will eventually show Gold credited for the coming year, but what is the typical amount of time for this to happen? Or rather,when should I start to make a fuss? Outside the two week post new year start date?
Whenever it is credited the effective date will be that on which the flight was flown. Meanwhile your partner's status should be valid until August 1.
Old Jun 13, 2022 | 4:00 am
20 Years on Site

Partner retroclaim

I made several retrovlaims filling in the internet form. Somehow for one of the flights the form did not go and asked me to leave the claim later. I tried several times but always with the same result. It is not too early for the claim and I triple-checked the information. Is there any other way of doing the claim than sending the documents to Bremen. I think I have seen a form where you can put some attachments but I dont find it any more. Thank you in advance for helping
Old Jun 19, 2022 | 2:49 am

I'm fairly certain I know the answer to this but would like some confirmation please?

Membership year ends: 08 Oct 2022

I have a return trip booked on AA going out on 13 Sept and returning on 26th Oct.

I assume that the Tier Points are allocated in the year that the flight (leg) is flown, the outbound will be allocated to the year up to 08 Oct 22 and the return will be allocated to the year after 08 Oct 22.

It's not all based on the outbound departure date, 13 Sept?
Old Jun 19, 2022 | 5:20 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by SandLake
I'm fairly certain I know the answer to this but would like some confirmation please?

Membership year ends: 08 Oct 2022

I have a return trip booked on AA going out on 13 Sept and returning on 26th Oct.

I assume that the Tier Points are allocated in the year that the flight (leg) is flown, the outbound will be allocated to the year up to 08 Oct 22 and the return will be allocated to the year after 08 Oct 22.

It's not all based on the outbound departure date, 13 Sept?
unfortunately for you, yea it is as you said. It is credited 1-3 days after the flight is done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.