Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Old Mar 16, 2024, 12:21 pm
  #691  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Krakow
Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Posts: 6,250
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I believe that the only IB flights FCO-NCE are actually FCO-MAD-NCE and are on two flight numbers (not a direct flight with a single flight number) as the OP is going to be booking these IB flights in order to obtain the last two of his 4 eligible flights requirement. See:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35842931-post619.html

So a cash booking in business with IB marketed and operated flights would earn 40+40 and two eligible flights. The OP should avail themselves of the calculator to check.
Which is why i asked, if its fco mad nce in J then its 80 tp

As separate flights then do the 2 sectors separately in the calculator and add together the results
scottishpoet is offline  
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:21 am
  #692  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Cheltenham
Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Posts: 2,407
just want to check before I book .
Qatar codeshare with Qatar flight number operated by Malaysia airlines in P subclass . Will I still earn tier points Avios as P class on MH does not earn but on Qatar does
many thanks
simonsmith is offline  
Old Apr 10, 2024, 10:39 am
  #693  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 222
My understanding is youll earn as per QR rules

Last edited by Still; Apr 10, 2024 at 11:28 am
Still is offline  
Old Apr 28, 2024, 6:21 am
  #694  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 15
Hi Im not sure if I understand the new tier adjustment period correctly so just wanted to check something. So, my normal end of membership year is May 24. Im currently Silver ( I only reached this in October last year). According to the points adjustment will I get to carry over those tier points I made this month and they will count towards my other points from flights I intend to take between now and next April ( and hopefully maintaining Silver)? Is this right? Thanks 😊
Vegastraveler73 is offline  
Old Apr 28, 2024, 6:34 am
  #695  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Krakow
Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Posts: 6,250
Originally Posted by Vegastraveler73
Hi Im not sure if I understand the new tier adjustment period correctly so just wanted to check something. So, my normal end of membership year is May 24. Im currently Silver ( I only reached this in October last year). According to the points adjustment will I get to carry over those tier points I made this month and they will count towards my other points from flights I intend to take between now and next April ( and hopefully maintaining Silver)? Is this right? Thanks 😊
If your tier collection year end us may 8th, then any points you received between April 1st 2024 and May 8th 2024 will get credited to the new, short collection year. If your collection year ends may 8th then you should have received an email around April 21st explaining that and when you should see those in your account (they will not appear may 9th).

If you achieved silver in october 2023 then you will remain silver until june 25, again assume a may 8th tp collection year end
Vegastraveler73 likes this.
scottishpoet is offline  
Old Apr 28, 2024, 6:43 am
  #696  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 15
Thank you so much. I think I was worried I was missing something as this is better for me as usually I would have lost those points once it hits May. Yes, you are right, my collection year ends May 8th. Thanks again 😊


Originally Posted by scottishpoet
If your tier collection year end us may 8th, then any points you received between April 1st 2024 and May 8th 2024 will get credited to the new, short collection year. If your collection year ends may 8th then you should have received an email around April 21st explaining that and when you should see those in your account (they will not appear may 9th).

If you achieved silver in october 2023 then you will remain silver until june 25, again assume a may 8th tp collection year end
Vegastraveler73 is offline  
Old Jun 10, 2024, 4:00 pm
  #697  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Posts: 4,159
A question about earning Avios using AA.

I have a ticket that was originally booked into economy (class L) and then upgraded using certificates (receipt now says class C). The routing is BOS-ORD-LAS, but BOS-ORD and ORD-LAS are the same flight number.

1) I believe I would earn Avios based as if the ticket were a L-class ticket as opposed to C. Is that correct?
2) Would I earn as if the flight was simply a BOS-LAS flight, or would the ticket be treated as a flight with BOS-ORD and ORD-LAS legs?

Thank you.
steveholt is online now  
Old Jun 10, 2024, 6:56 pm
  #698  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Juneau, Alaska.
Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Posts: 15,907
Originally Posted by steveholt
A question about earning Avios using AA.

I have a ticket that was originally booked into economy (class L) and then upgraded using certificates (receipt now says class C). The routing is BOS-ORD-LAS, but BOS-ORD and ORD-LAS are the same flight number.

1) I believe I would earn Avios based as if the ticket were a L-class ticket as opposed to C. Is that correct?
2) Would I earn as if the flight was simply a BOS-LAS flight, or would the ticket be treated as a flight with BOS-ORD and ORD-LAS legs?

Thank you.
1. Yes.
2. As this is a direct flight (single flight number) you will earn BOS-LAS.
This assumes that no mistakes are made by BAEC.
steveholt likes this.
jerry a. laska is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.