Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Old Sep 28, 22, 2:56 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
If you travel by the September date next year and you meet the termsand conditions, , which you are, you'll get the double TPs. The fact its a BA holiday and a balance is due next year at thevend of June ish approximately is irrelevant.
Old Oct 5, 22, 7:03 am

Programs: United GS, BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I qualified for gold in August with 1125 TP, my TP collection year ends on Saturday and I'll be at 1510 by then. Card expiration is Nov 2023.

Am I understanding this correctly that if I get another 1125 between October 9th and Dec 31st then I will requalify and my card expiration will be Nov 2024?
Old Oct 5, 22, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 100K; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jpm81 View Post
I qualified for gold in August with 1125 TP, my TP collection year ends on Saturday and I'll be at 1510 by then. Card expiration is Nov 2023.

Am I understanding this correctly that if I get another 1125 between October 9th and Dec 31st then I will requalify and my card expiration will be Nov 2024?
Yes.
Jpm81 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 22, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I keep getting this notification when Im trying to buy through the reward club app. No matter how many times I click through to settings I cannot see what there is to approve as everything is turned ON. Can anyone help?

Old Oct 5, 22, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond IHG Spire ANEK Ferries Gold
Originally Posted by Dicksbits View Post
I keep getting this notification when Im trying to buy through the reward club app. No matter how many times I click through to settings I cannot see what there is to approve as everything is turned ON. Can anyone help?

Had this for about 12 months now try going to the website but still no garentee it will track and hit and miss if you get the avios
Old Oct 6, 22, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by BravoKilo View Post
Had this for about 12 months now try going to the website but still no garentee it will track and hit and miss if you get the avios
yeah odd isnt it - did you hit decline ?
Old Oct 7, 22, 12:06 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond IHG Spire ANEK Ferries Gold
Originally Posted by Dicksbits View Post
yeah odd isnt it - did you hit decline ?

yes but that takes you back to the shop now button and off you go round in a circle
Old Oct 7, 22, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by BravoKilo View Post
yes but that takes you back to the shop now button and off you go round in a circle
Ive discovered you need to go to your privacy on your iPhone of iPad and switch this tab on (if only temporarily):

Old Oct 7, 22, 9:50 am

Then you get this …. Enables tracking …
Old Oct 9, 22, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Question New to Avos

Can you help me understand how to upgrade ticket purchased with Avos
Old Oct 9, 22, 2:09 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Jo Pakk View Post
Can you help me understand how to upgrade ticket purchased with Avos
Hello, and welcome to FlyerTalk and the BA forum!

Your best starting point is the Forum Dashboard where you will find a treasure trove of information about the program and how to earn and spend your Avios, here: BA Forum Dashboard
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Oct 12, 22, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Hi, I have a question on the amount of Avios I am due

I’m mid-way through a trip to Thailand. LHR-DOH is native BA and the other 3 sectors are BA codeshares operated by QR.

Per the BA Avios Calculator and the information in this thread I am expecting to receive Avios calculated per the ‘BA Multiplier’ for all 4 sectors. AS Gold that would be a total of 250% of flown miles for a ticket in (I)

However when the first 2 flights posted the DOH-HKT leg (BA7000/QR840) has posted as a native QR flight worth just 125% of flown miles with no Gold bonus. Moreover, since it has posted as QR840 it is not counted as one of my BA Qualifying Flights for status even though the ticket was purchased as all BA/BA codeshares specifically with this intent.

Since the trip was purchased as a BA Holiday the Double Tier Point promotion would put me within a whisker of re-qualifying for Gold under the reduced threshold to 31 December so I am keen to get this resolved tout de suite.

How much of a faff is this going to be? Is this the sort of thing that auto-corrects once BA’s poor put-upon IT HAMSTER has spun the wheel a couple more times and audited the data, or do I need to call in? Presumably the smart move would be to phone the Gold Line after I return to the UK as BA are inevitably going to balls-up the points for the 2 BA-coded return flights on QR as well, and it seems pointless to make 2 phone calls.

Last edited by southlondonphil; Oct 13, 22 at 2:31 am
Old Oct 12, 22, 11:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by southlondonphil View Post
Hi, I have a question on the amount of Avios I am due

Im mid-way through a trip to Thailand. LHR-DOH is native BA and the other 3 sectors are BA codeshares operated by QR.

Per the BA Avios Calculator and the information in this thread I am expecting to receive Avios calculated per the BA Multiplier for all 4 sectors. AS Gold that would be a total of 250% of flown miles for a ticket in (I)

However when the first 2 flights posted the DOH-HKT leg (BA7000/QR840) has posted as a native QR flight worth just 125% of flown miles with no Gold bonus. Moreover, since it has posted as QR840 it is not counted as one of my BA Qualifying Flights for status even though the ticket was purchased as all BA/BA codeshares specifically within this intent.

Since the trip was purchased as a BA Holiday the Double Tier Point promotion would put me within a whisker of re-qualifying for Gold under the reduced threshold to 31 December so I am keen to get this resolved tout de suite.

How much of a faff is this going to be? Is this the sort of thing that auto-corrects once BAs poor put-upon IT HAMSTER has spun the wheel a couple more times and audited the data, or do I need to call in? Presumably the smart move would be to phone the Gold Line after I return to the UK as BA are inevitably going to balls-up the points for the 2 BA-coded return flights on QR as well, and it seems pointless to make 2 phone calls.
@ my bolding

Personally I would leave it until you've completed all of your flights and finished your holiday (or work trip?)

December is still a bit of time away and hopefully it can be resolved fairly easily.
Old Oct 12, 22, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Is there a BA IT-related bank error in the customer 's favour doing the rounds at the moment?

On my last 4 OW flights booked as BA codeshares, I've received double TPs and extra Avios. For example, BA4494 (operated as QR946) earned me 2 separate Exec Club transactions: 5787 Avios and 35 TPs for the BA code flight and 1929 Avios and 35 TPs for the QR code.

Anyone else seeing this?
Old Oct 13, 22, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy View Post
Is there a BA IT-related bank error in the customer 's favour doing the rounds at the moment?

On my last 4 OW flights booked as BA codeshares, I've received double TPs and extra Avios. For example, BA4494 (operated as QR946) earned me 2 separate Exec Club transactions: 5787 Avios and 35 TPs for the BA code flight and 1929 Avios and 35 TPs for the QR code.

Anyone else seeing this?

Indeed I am. One extra day for the BA Hamster to spin the wheel and the DOH-HKT sector referred to above is now showing an additional 8233 Avios and 140 TP for the BA7000 codeshare variant alongside the points etc. previously posted as native QR840

Search this Thread