Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2022, 5:20 pm

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Oh thanks both of you guys. Now it makes sense. Thanks.
AJA_ likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 6:35 am

Random question... should I generally assume tier points will appear within a week of my flight?

I have two flights booked, the first will take me back into gold and I'm wondering if I'll have it in time for the second flight.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by RG1X
Random question... should I generally assume tier points will appear within a week of my flight?

I have two flights booked, the first will take me back into gold and I'm wondering if I'll have it in time for the second flight.
Usually it is within 3-5 days after the flight. Weirdly when I flew on flight operated by AA (booked on AA and marketed as AA) it was credited to my BAEC account in one day. Same parameters just with BA it took 3-5 days as mentioned.
RG1X likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by casey89
Usually it is within 3-5 days after the flight. Weirdly when I flew on flight operated by AA (booked on AA and marketed as AA) it was credited to my BAEC account in one day. Same parameters just with BA it took 3-5 days as mentioned.
Ended up taking three days, all sorted now. Thanks.
LCSinTexas and casey89 like this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 6:42 am

No longer available in Sweden.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: Mucci, BA silver
If I fail to renew within my membership year but earn sufficient tier points between the end of my membership year and the card expiry date, this counts as a renewal and I'll have another 10-12 months of status. If I earn the same tier points the day after my card expiry date, I've moved down and up a tier. Hence, I get up to 22 months of status (the rest of the current year plus the next one). Is my understanding correct?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes that's correct.
HAM76 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
That doesn’t seem right or fair.

Person A at Blue or Bronze with an 8th November collection anniversary who earns enough TP for Silver between 9th November and 31st December 2022 gets Silver effectively until 31st December 2024, yet Person B, with the same anniversary date but who is already Silver, flying exactly the same itinerary in the same period only gets Silver until 31st December 2023?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by southlondonphil
That doesn’t seem right or fair.

Person A at Blue or Bronze with an 8th November collection anniversary who earns enough TP for Silver between 9th November and 31st December 2022 gets Silver effectively until 31st December 2024, yet Person B, with the same anniversary date but who is already Silver, flying exactly the same itinerary in the same period only gets Silver until 31st December 2023?
person B who is already silver with an anniversary date of 8 November and requalifies before 31 December 2022 will also maintain silver until 31 December 2024.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
person B who is already silver with an anniversary date of 8 November and requalifies before 31 December 2022 will also maintain silver until 31 December 2024.
Now you are confusing me, because that is the opposite of what I wrote (or at least attempted to write). My anniversary date is 8 November. On that day I had 80 TP and was silver. My tier point were set to zero, my status remains silver until 31 December. A couple of days ago I completed four BA flights and earned a total of 640 TP. This renewed my silver status. My account now says

which I understood to be the case because I was still silver for a few weeks. I therefore did not reach another status tier which triggers the rest of the year plus one year rule, but merely an extension of the status by one year, same as I would be if I collected the required tier points by 8 November.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 9:23 am

Yes, but as someone who has renewed within your current membership year your card expiry won’t be set to 31 December 2024 until the processing is done at the end of your current year - so at midnight on 8 November 2023. For now it just reflects what you achieved in your last membership year.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 9:32 am

Thanks for clearing that up. So I will have to see what happens next year.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by HAM76
Thanks for clearing that up. So I will have to see what happens next year.
Yes, albeit if you have already done your 4 flights and got your TPs there is no doubt when you come to 9 November 2023 your card expiry will be updated to 31 December 2024.
HAM76 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
My apologies if this is not the correct place to ask, but I am still new here and learning

I am a mere 65 points away from getting Bronze - yet the indicator on BA shows I need 300 and not 225 for this. Once I pass the reduced limit and if it does not change my status, should I give the good old Speedbird a ring and ask them about it?
Old Dec 3, 2022, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by IJN Harekaze
My apologies if this is not the correct place to ask, but I am still new here and learning

I am a mere 65 points away from getting Bronze - yet the indicator on BA shows I need 300 and not 225 for this. Once I pass the reduced limit and if it does not change my status, should I give the good old Speedbird a ring and ask them about it?
I assume your tier point collection year ends in 2023 and you are making use of the reduced tier point thresholds that end 31DEC22?
If so, the FAQs at ba.com explain that you the normal tier point levels will be shown on the website. From ba.com:
Members with a Tier Point Collection Year end date in 2023 can benefit from the reduced thresholds to renew or upgrade their status for the following membership year, if they earn the required number of Tier Points by 31 December 2022 only. From 1 January 2023 the reduced Tier thresholds will no longer apply.

Please note, Members with a Tier Point Collection Year end date in 2023 will see the normal Tier Point threshold in the ‘My Account’ area on ba.com and the British Airways app from the start of their Tier Point collection year.

If your Tier Point Collection Year end date is in 2023 and you are eligible to upgrade your Tier status under the reduced Tier Point thresholds, your membership will automatically be upgraded once you have earnt the required number of Tier Points. There is no need to contact us to arrange this.

If your Tier Point Collection Year end date is in 2023 and you are eligible to renew your Tier status under the reduced Tier Point thresholds, your membership will be automatically renewed in January 2023. There is no need to contact us to arrange this.
See also the extensions thread where this is discussed extensively:
FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
KARFA and IJN Harekaze like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.