Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Old Feb 4, 2023, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA1k, BAbronze
Next Tier Status Timing.

Hi-

I will qualify for Silver at the end of this month.
My tier point YE is 8 September 23.
My card expiry is 23 October 23.
When is the "best" time frame to qualify for keeping Gold the longest?
After the 8 September or 23 October?

Thanks!

Last edited by VVanderlust; Feb 4, 2023 at 2:57 pm Reason: missing word "best"
Old Feb 4, 2023, 2:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by VVanderlust
Hi-

I will qualify for Silver at the end of this month.
My tier point YE is 8 September 23.
My card expiry is 23 October 23.
When is the "best" time frame to qualify for Gold keeping it longer?
After the 8 September or 23 October?

Thanks!
There's literally a post above describing this?

> When you qualify for a status you get the rest of that current membership year and one full membership year after. You card expiry is updated at the time you cross the threshold to reflect this.
> If you are just renewing then your card expiry doesn't change until your year end, and at that point another year is added.

so if you qualify before 8th, you'll get it until 8th and one more year. After 8th you'll get it for 2 full years after card expiry date (?)
Old Feb 5, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: UA1k, BAbronze
Thanks!

After looking at the post above, the added bit about the card expiry caused confusion.

Last edited by VVanderlust; Feb 5, 2023 at 10:29 am Reason: missing word
Old Feb 9, 2023, 5:18 am

Programs: A3 *G
I am planning to get a couple of tickets in J but I am short of some thousand avios. Unfortunately I didn't get the promotion ended in January for buying Avios. Do you know when can we expect new promotions on BA / IB / QR regarding Avios? I know this question is a bit random but I am wondering what to do, if it's the case to wait for some "get 50% avios bonus" promotion or just pay now. Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2023, 1:03 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by jumpallover
I am planning to get a couple of tickets in J but I am short of some thousand avios. Unfortunately I didn't get the promotion ended in January for buying Avios. Do you know when can we expect new promotions on BA / IB / QR regarding Avios? I know this question is a bit random but I am wondering what to do, if it's the case to wait for some "get 50% avios bonus" promotion or just pay now. Thanks!
How long is a piece of string? No idea when the next Avios bonus sale will be on any of the 3 airlines. Buying now depends on how urgently ​​​​ you need to book the flights and how many Avios you need . If you need to book soon i'd just buy the Avios today.

Instead of buying do you have any Amex MR points you can transfer or apply for the BA Premium Plus card (if based in the UK) if eligible and take advantage of the generous sign up bonus currently on offer via BA's website.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by AJA_
How long is a piece of string? No idea when the next Avios bonus sale will be on any of the 3 airlines. Buying now depends on how urgently ​​​​ you need to book the flights and how many Avios you need . If you need to book soon i'd just buy the Avios today.

Instead of buying do you have any Amex MR points you can transfer or apply for the BA Premium Plus card (if based in the UK) if eligible and take advantage of the generous sign up bonus currently on offer via BA's website.

Iberia are selling right now until I think 28 Feb with a 50% bonus
Old Feb 17, 2023, 6:41 pm

Is this the correct place to post about the BA Exec Club app?

I updated it in the last week or so, with the newer version being available (and required, because of bugs). But on the new version I cant seem to find where I can view my pending Avios transactions - which has been quite useful to me over the years, as so many transactions seem to slip between the cracks and require chasing up:.. but now I cant see what Im due to receive? Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2023, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Is this the correct place to post about the BA Exec Club app?

I updated it in the last week or so, with the newer version being available (and required, because of bugs). But on the new version I cant seem to find where I can view my pending Avios transactions - which has been quite useful to me over the years, as so many transactions seem to slip between the cracks and require chasing up:.. but now I cant see what Im due to receive? Thanks
Maybe one of these threads can help:
The British Airways iPhone & Android App
BA app won't work with new Android phone
Exec club change of app
Trouble seeing transactions in BAEC
Tofino87 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 7:20 pm

Thats great - thank you Jerry!
Old Feb 17, 2023, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
Just booked a AA domestic flight for 2/21 using BA avios. Do I have to cancel 24 hours before the flight to get avios refunded? Can I do it online or do I have to call? I assume taxes wont be refunded? Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2023, 1:11 pm

I've just had an email through from BA with tips for a flight I just booked. At the bottom of the email it says I have X amount of Avios, which is approx. 10,000 avios higher than what my account page says (though not an exact figure).
Any reason to believe that higher figure is correct or should I just mark this as "BA IT"?
Old Feb 19, 2023, 2:23 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Hawk2000
I've just had an email through from BA with tips for a flight I just booked. At the bottom of the email it says I have X amount of Avios, which is approx. 10,000 avios higher than what my account page says (though not an exact figure).
Any reason to believe that higher figure is correct or should I just mark this as "BA IT"?
They tend to have a cut-off date, so it's likely that the number in the email was right at some point in the not too distant past.

I'd expect that all the data for emailings go via a 3rd party, and they probably get taken a few days before the mass mailing is sent.
KARFA likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 2:31 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
yes those things always lag a bit so where your TP/avios balances are quoted in emails they are typically a week or two out of date.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 7:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Looking to ask a question, that I am sure is answered somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it

A situation for a child just starting to earn by having their own seat (which seems to makes any difference by being in a household account, and it explains why the individual is starting out from scratch) The membership year seems to have been aligned to the household account member (April), rather than the first flight (surprise to me?).

Kid is already on 300TPs, not yet Bronze as will be waiting for the 2 eligible flights on BA. Due to COVID, those 2 eligible flights won't happen until the kid starts a new status year (at which point the kid would have had perhaps 1000TPs, lucky them, mainly as we aren't in the UK)

So seems that what is going to happen is that in fact, due to the 2 eligible flights, those 1000TPs will be lost, is my understanding correct?
> We will then take 2 eligible flights in April (plus hopefully another 300TPs earned, as the year will have already reset)
> Kid is upgraded to Bronze (year resets, to May?), TPs reset to zero
> I need to take another 2 eligible flights to get to Silver (year resets, let's say to September), TPs reset to zero
> Kid is upgraded to Silver
> I need to take another 4 eligible flights to get to Gold (year resets, likely around April again if I time it well), TPs continue earning now and we're all on the same calendar as a family

So in my TL;DR version: The eligible flights situation is going to "cost" me a few thousand wasted TPs, and I need to plan to make the kid "suffer" (:P) through BA more regularly (8 eligible flights in the first year rather than the normal 4).
Old Feb 26, 2023, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
I can't follow your question exactly nor what you mean by "year resets". I don't know what effect a household account has but usually the TP collection cycle is set to start on the 9th of the month following the first earnings after the account is opened. The status year runs until the end of the month following the collection reset. Thus if the first earnings after the account is opened come in late May then the collection year starts on June 9th, but those first earnings will be carried over (a one time effect). This date is now set in stone. If status is earned in the year then it lasts from when it is earned through the end of the next July and then for another year. Thus first flight in May 2023, status earned before 9th. June 2024 will be good until the end of July 2025. TP and segment count will reset every June 9th. but TPs will be added to the lifetime total and count towards the 35,000 required for Gold for Life.

I hope this is helpful.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.