Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
Unless something has changed recently it uses the number of points from each person relative to their total in the account. For example, if I had 90% of points in my account and my wife had 10% then a booking for 100,000 points in our household account would take 90k from my account and 10k from my wife.
Aha! I have the bulk so didn't even notice that a bit had been taken from other accounts. Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: ba gold
Hi
my tier point year ends dec 22

do I qualify for the reduced point to get gold 1125

I am currently bronze on 160 points, be worth doing trip BAH to get 965 if this is the case

thanks In advance
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by capetown2k
Hi

The reduced thresholds apply to everyone until the end of this year.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by capetown2k
Hi

I am currently bronze on 160 points, be worth doing trip BAH to get 965 if this is the case

thanks In advance
yes the reduced thresholds apply until 31 Dec 2022 so you can either get 1125TP by 8 Dec 2022 which is your year end meaning Gold until 31 Jan 2024 or you could do a holiday between 9 Dec and 31 Dec to achieve gold by 31 Dec 2022, that would mean you would be gold until 31Jan 2025.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 2:57 am

I currently have 1,240 points but my account has not updated to retaining gold. I wasn't concerned as I was on track to well exceed 1500 however BA have now cancelled a few future flights

When does it typically update?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
I currently have 1,240 points but my account has not updated to retaining gold. I wasn't concerned as I was on track to well exceed 1500 however BA have now cancelled a few future flights

When does it typically update?
When does your tier point collection year end? Have you flown the 4 eligible flights? Typically, it should happen at renewal, when you start your new collection year. See the FAQ thread:
FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Sep 3, 2022, 8:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I am sure I saw somewhere that the reduced threshold renewals would be reflected on or shortly after 31 December, rather then at the time you past the threshold.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA
I am sure I saw somewhere that the reduced threshold renewals would be reflected on or shortly after 31 December, rather then at the time you past the threshold.
The FAQs on Ba.com so provide but for people renewing this year, say a 8NOV collection year end date, renewal at 1125 TPs should occur at renewal.
From the FAQs:
This means that:

Members with a Tier Point Collection Year end date up to December 2022 can benefit from the reduced Tier Point thresholds to upgrade their Tier status, or to renew their current Tier status if this has not already been extended automatically.

Members with a Tier Point Collection Year end date in 2023 can benefit from the reduced thresholds to renew or upgrade their status for the following membership year, if they earn the required number of Tier Points by 31 December 2022 only. From 1 January 2023 the reduced Tier thresholds will no longer apply.

Please note, Members with a Tier Point Collection Year end date in 2023 will see the normal Tier Point threshold in the ‘My Account’ area on ba.com and the British Airways app from the start of their Tier Point collection year.

If your Tier Point Collection Year end date is in 2023 and you are eligible to upgrade your Tier status under the reduced Tier Point thresholds, your membership will automatically be upgraded once you have earnt the required number of Tier Points. There is no need to contact us to arrange this.

If your Tier Point Collection Year end date is in 2023 and you are eligible to renew your Tier status under the reduced Tier Point thresholds, your membership will be automatically renewed in January 2023. There is no need to contact us to arrange this.

Please note, you will still need to have flown the minimum number of British Airways or Iberia flights to qualify, which is two flights for Bronze membership, and four flights for Silver and Gold membership.
KARFA likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 8:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Thanks. Poor memory letting me down then
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:12 pm

Yes done at least 12
February but it usually happens as soon a you reach the threshold.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:13 pm

Thanks

That seems to be what is happening as usually it updates once you reach 1500 but it has been just sitting there at 1240 for a while.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Yes done at least 12
February but it usually happens as soon a you reach the threshold.
With a February renewal, then you shouldn’t see any change until January according to the FAQs when apparently BAEC, using some never before seen technical ability, will identify those with 2023 renewal dates who have achieved the reduced TPs to renew.
KARFA likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Any chance of TPs counting towards the next year? My TP year ends 8th Oct (including) but I'm also planning to fly on 8th (for 420 TPs) - I won't hit next status with the flights on 8th either way
Old Sep 11, 2022, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jaro
Any chance of TPs counting towards the next year? My TP year ends 8th Oct (including) but I'm also planning to fly on 8th (for 420 TPs) - I won't hit next status with the flights on 8th either way
No, BAEC doesn’t allow TPs to be carried forward into the next year.
I’m assuming you are silver and the TPs earned on the 8th won’t get you to Gold?
jaro likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 7:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
No, BAEC doesn’t allow TPs to be carried forward into the next year.
I’m assuming you are silver and the TPs earned on the 8th won’t get you to Gold?
Thanks for responding. I'm Gold but got only 100 TP this year so don't want to "waste" the 420 TPs going into the old year :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.