Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by AussieInLondon
Currently on 1095 TP, collection year end date is Jan. Only have one flight with BA left this year and it's a redemption flight.

The Gold target in app and on the website show as requiring 405 TP to get Gold, it isn't showing the reduced requirement. I'm aware from the wiki that everyone gets the 25% reduced target, so is this just an IT issue? I don't want to book extra flights for 30 TP if I don't end up getting Gold. Will Gold trigger at 1125 even if it says I need 1500?
yes you'll get gold at 1125.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 3:45 am

Confused.

My collection year ends 8 December. 915 TPs so far, app showing 210 more required to retain Gold. All good.

TeflonWoman, though, has a membership year end of 08 April, has been on 1,190 TPs for a while, has got the 4 BA segments, but the app still shows 310 more TPs required and still shows a card expiry date of May '23.

I'd be grateful if anyone could shed any light on what's going on. Have done a fair bit of searching on the various threads here, but at currently 334 pages for this thread alone I am struggling.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by TeflonMan
Confused.

My collection year ends 8 December. 915 TPs so far, app showing 210 more required to retain Gold. All good.

TeflonWoman, though, has a membership year end of 08 April, has been on 1,190 TPs for a while, has got the 4 BA segments, but the app still shows 310 more TPs required and still shows a card expiry date of May '23.

I'd be grateful if anyone could shed any light on what's going on. Have done a fair bit of searching on the various threads here, but at currently 334 pages for this thread alone I am struggling.
BA have provided all members with the opportunity to retain their status (or achieve a higher one) via a reduced threshold (25% less) until Dec 31st 2022. Your year end is Dec 8th 2022, so in order to retain Gold you just need to hit the reduced threshold and you are fine for another year. Because your OH's year rolls into 2023 - rather then BA going through each account individually and show the reduced threshold (which may or may not be hit by Dec 31st 2022 by all customers), anybody with a 2023 yearend will show the normal Tier Point threshold they must hit to retain status. BA have stated that in January 2023, those that hit the lower threshold by Dec 31st 2022 will automatically have their accounts updated via a central script, and those that didn't make it before the cut-off will be left alone as their account already shows which is required for the to retain their status in 2023. If the 4 flights and 1,125 points have already been hit by your OH - then in January their account should update (but we are talking about BA here - so perhaps worth taking a screen shot!)

One final point - your account, when it rolls on Dec 9th 2022 will show the normal 1,500 TP and 4 flight requirement, but should you be able to earn 1,125 TP's and 4 BA flights by Dec 31st 2022, your account would be updated in January 2023 as well!

Pilot37
TeflonMan and KARFA like this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Pilot37
BA have provided all members with the opportunity to retain their status (or achieve a higher one) via a reduced threshold (25% less) until Dec 31st 2022. Your year end is Dec 8th 2022, so in order to retain Gold you just need to hit the reduced threshold and you are fine for another year. Because your OH's year rolls into 2023 - rather then BA going through each account individually and show the reduced threshold (which may or may not be hit by Dec 31st 2022 by all customers), anybody with a 2023 yearend will show the normal Tier Point threshold they must hit to retain status. BA have stated that in January 2023, those that hit the lower threshold by Dec 31st 2022 will automatically have their accounts updated via a central script, and those that didn't make it before the cut-off will be left alone as their account already shows which is required for the to retain their status in 2023. If the 4 flights and 1,125 points have already been hit by your OH - then in January their account should update (but we are talking about BA here - so perhaps worth taking a screen shot!)

Pilot37
Thank you so much for your very prompt reply!
I'm not worried about my own account. I will hit that 1,125 target by my year end.

As regards TeflonWoman, do I understand you correctly that, since she has hit the reduced target, her extended status will show once BA have run that script after the end of the reduction offer period, i.e. after 31/12?
Old Sep 6, 2022, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by TeflonMan
Thank you so much for your very prompt reply!
As regards TeflonWoman, do I understand you correctly that, since she has hit the reduced target, her extended status will show once BA have run that script after the end of the reduction offer period, i.e. after 31/12?
Correct - as she has already hit the reduced threshold, TeflonWoman's account will be updated in January 2023

Pilot37
TeflonMan likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Correct - as she has already hit the reduced threshold, TeflonWoman's account will be updated in January 2023

Pilot37
Thank you for helping me understand the process.
Much appreciated.
Pilot37 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Reduced threshold deadline?

Apologies if it's been answered before: I'm looking at travel on December 30th which would take me over the reduced threshold for Gold renewal, but I know the tier points take a few days to post.

BA's wording seems slightly vague, stating that I need the points by December 31st - does anyone have any insight as to whether just travel needs to be completed by then, or that the points need to actually post by then?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:08 am

Travel by midnight on Dec 31st in whatever Country you are flying from. The points post by day of travel - so even though they may take a few days to post in your account, they will reflect the flying date as Dec 31st

Pilot37
zzz222 and m8_rotate like this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
The points will eventually post showing the date of travel so I think you'll be fine.
zzz222 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:57 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Tier points, reduced amounts and renewal dates

My year end is 8th August, card expires 30th Sept
Sorry I imagine this has been mentioned before, but can't seem to find an answer.

I am currently Silver
In the first 5 weeks of my new year I have managed to aquire 480 Tier points, which is above the reduced qualification for Silver of 450.
However on my website it still says that I need 120 pts to retain silver.
I know it has been mentioned before that they can't show the reduced figure as at the end of December this would suddenly increase to 600 or 1500 etc.

But at what point will it switch to show that I have retained silver status?
Does this happen on 30th September, as the end of the calendar year?
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Normally end of your collection year. When you used to pass 600 before it would say "Silver Retained" in MMB, so I guess this will happen for 600 but not 450. Card dates never used to update until the end of your year, so just rest assured that you've already retained for another year and this will be reflected next August.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
OK, final bit of clarification..

I am currently Silver with 480TP

By the end of October (as long as 2 BAH bonus's kick in within the 14 day timeline) I will have aquired over 1150 TP's, enough for Gold, with the reduced threshold.

Will I be gold straight away, or will I have to wait until 31st December?
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fatdickie

By the end of October (as long as 2 BAH bonus's kick in within the 14 day timeline) I will have aquired over 1150 TP's, enough for Gold, with the reduced threshold.

In the past, during this pandemic with reduced TP thresholds, status has changed within a few days after the TPs have posted.

Logically that should still be the case in your situation, however the way that BA IT is cobbled together with chewing gum and toothpaste, in the situation where the website continues to show the "normal" TP requirements but BA says that this will be corrected at year end, I would be prepared for issues to occur. For example, the change might not occur until the end of the calendar year, without some prodding and cajoling of the BAEC on your part.

I would expect it to just work, however I would be prepared for some potential annoyances and need for you to call them along the way.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Fatdickie

Happened instantly when my double TPs were posted to go from Gold to GGL - in fact I got the e-mail confirming GGL status a few hours before the points appeared.
DiamondMile and Fatdickie like this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by champignon
In the past, during this pandemic with reduced TP thresholds, status has changed within a few days after the TPs have posted.

Logically that should still be the case in your situation, however the way that BA IT is cobbled together with chewing gum and toothpaste, in the situation where the website continues to show the "normal" TP requirements but BA says that this will be corrected at year end, I would be prepared for issues to occur. For example, the change might not occur until the end of the calendar year, without some prodding and cajoling of the BAEC on your part.

I would expect it to just work, however I would be prepared for some potential annoyances and need for you to call them along the way.
Surely, provided the bonus TPs hit in time, he'll be moved to gold as soon as the bonus TPs hit, and remiain Gold until end of current year (end Oct) then through to 30Oct2023?
DiamondMile and Fatdickie like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.