Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2022, 4:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
This isn't the right place to post it but I don't want to start a thread for a single question...

I'm in world traveler plus for USA-LHR-USA and I am able to select seats for the USA-LHR leg. But BA says I cannot select seats on the LHR-USA leg until 24h before departure. Is that right? You cannot select seats for return leg until check in?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Jeffek
I'm looking to book Buisness Light flights to Helsinki from Heathrow direct with Finnair as they're half the price of booking with BA, but would be very grateful if someone could confirm that this would earn 80 tier points each way. I did look at flying from Barcelona as an alternative but think I would only earn 40 tier points each way? Thank you in advance
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes UK-HEL routes all earn at the short haul + rate of 80 TPs one way in J.

All other routes are 40 TPs unless over 2000 miles when they should earn long haul TPs.
I can confirm that's true. I flew that route twice this summer!
Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
This isn't the right place to post it but I don't want to start a thread for a single question...

I'm in world traveler plus for USA-LHR-USA and I am able to select seats for the USA-LHR leg. But BA says I cannot select seats on the LHR-USA leg until 24h before departure. Is that right? You cannot select seats for return leg until check in?
Im assuming youre BA Exec Blue, in which case free seat selection only opens at check-in. Bronze holders get free seat selection seven days before departure and Silver and above get it from time of booking onwards. For me, gaining Silver was worth it just for the seat selection as we used to like the pairs of WT seats at the back of the 777s when travelling as a couple.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
My mum took a BA flight which didn't have her BAEC number attached to it, and was booked by my brother in Oz. It was from LCY > AGP rtn. She sent me a photo of the BP which clearly has the ticket number on it, but when I punch it in to her account to claim back the avios + Tp it keeps returning an error msg. What to do?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 1:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
My mum took a BA flight which didn't have her BAEC number attached to it, and was booked by my brother in Oz. It was from LCY > AGP rtn. She sent me a photo of the BP which clearly has the ticket number on it, but when I punch it in to her account to claim back the avios + Tp it keeps returning an error msg. What to do?
remove the hyphen? How long ago was the flight.?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 1:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
your mum can call BA and do the claim that way. unfortunately the online missing point page seems to be having a few issues since the site upgrade late last year,
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by wanderingjock
remove the hyphen? How long ago was the flight.?
no hyphen needed as the 125 fits naturally in to the first box, and the rest of the numbers in the second box. Flight was about 4 weeks ago.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
your mum can call BA and do the claim that way. unfortunately the online missing point page seems to be having a few issues since the site upgrade late last year,
Shes 83, a Blue member and wont hang on the phone for ages waiting for someone to answer her call. Shes also part of my household account.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Shes 83, a Blue member and wont hang on the phone for ages waiting for someone to answer her call. Shes also part of my household account.
can she add you as a third party nominee on her account? If she is willing to do that, you can call instead.
Dicksbits likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by JP Flyer
Im assuming youre BA Exec Blue, in which case free seat selection only opens at check-in. Bronze holders get free seat selection seven days before departure and Silver and above get it from time of booking onwards. For me, gaining Silver was worth it just for the seat selection as we used to like the pairs of WT seats at the back of the 777s when travelling as a couple.
I am ba blue. I was allowed to pay for seat selection for my us-lhr leg way ahead, so why can't I pay for seat selection for the return before check in?
Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I flew in July on a Finnair ticket that included a sector from IST-HEL operated by Turkish Airlines but marketed as an AY codeshare in a fare class listed in the Finnair section on BA.com as qualifying for Avios and Tier Points. Should I expect to receive miles and points for that sector? All the other sectors on the ticket posted apart from that one. Thanks
Old Aug 5, 2022, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by golfmad
I flew in July on a Finnair ticket that included a sector from IST-HEL operated by Turkish Airlines but marketed as an AY codeshare in a fare class listed in the Finnair section on BA.com as qualifying for Avios and Tier Points. Should I expect to receive miles and points for that sector? All the other sectors on the ticket posted apart from that one. Thanks
No. Except for some limited exceptions, to qualify for TPs and avios a flight must be marketed and operated by a Oneworld member airline.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-us..._ecavsflights2
golfmad, alex67500, KARFA and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by SonicStar817
Looks like we now earn Tier bonuses on flights with Finnair. It's less than the normal published percentages however:
  • Avios tier bonus? Yes (10% extra for Bronze, 15% extra for Silver and 25% extra for Gold Members).
I just noticed this after earning unexpectedly many Avios. Could you please update this in the relevant posts.

There is also one exception. When flying AY code on transatlantic BA flights you earn as many Avios as you would earn using BA code.

Last edited by nordic; Aug 7, 2022 at 2:04 pm
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond IHG Spire ANEK Ferries Gold
Sorry if this has been brought up before but can’t seam to find the answer

looking at booking a TP run. So am I right in thinking as long as my flights have a BA flight number and are operated byBA/ AA I will recive the 150% avios cabin bonus or does it have to be booked on 125 stock.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by BravoKilo
Sorry if this has been brought up before but cant seam to find the answer

looking at booking a TP run. So am I right in thinking as long as my flights have a BA flight number and are operated byBA/ AA I will recive the 150% avios cabin bonus or does it have to be booked on 125 stock.
Yes you will receive the cabin bonus as long as it is a BA flight prefix and operated by BA or AA you earn as per BA

See this post in this thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33863742-post6.html

BA prefix, BA operated flight

You earn Avios and Tier Points for a BA flight as per ba.com
BA prefix, oneworld partner operated flight
You earn Avios and Tier Points for a BA flight as per ba.com
m8_rotate likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.