Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by tyr
I asked the check in agent which lounge it will be in T3 when the flights move back and she said it would be the Escape lounge.
Escape Lounge is small and often busy, let’s hope they have come to an agreement with BA to expand into the adjacent (what was) BA Lounge….
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Sorry if this has been asked before (possibly by me, I can't remember!)

I'm Gold, Wife is Silver, 2 kids Blue (at the moment). We are flying MAN-LHR in ET. Do we qualify for Fast Track security at MAN based on my BA status? I know we can use Business check in and the lounge.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:27 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by tyr
I asked the check in agent which lounge it will be in T3 when the flights move back and she said it would be the Escape lounge.
That's really annoying. The Escape lounge was busy enough without having sections "reserved" for an airline that closed their own lounge. I guess it will be more or less impossible to access via PP cards now.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
That's really annoying. The Escape lounge was busy enough without having sections "reserved" for an airline that closed their own lounge. I guess it will be more or less impossible to access via PP cards now.
Could the Escape lounge open up into the old BA space though?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:52 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by aks120
I have just come through security at MAN. The bag drop had a huge queue - I would estimate an hour wait there maybe? Thank goodness for HBO! I got myself into Fast Track security and that was another thank goodness moment - the normal security was likely to be another hour to get through. That was all at 0800 this morning.

I had a standoff with the security folks who insisted I had a small liquid item in my bag - I didn't, they couldn’t find it and at one stage suggested I go without my bag….! I asked them to rescan it and what do you know - nothing showed up! The chap dealing me was very rude and was not willing to rescan the bag until he had taken it to bits first. Crazy!
The MAN security approach of presumed terrorist until proven innocent has long been utterly bizarre to me and speaks to just how broken I think the culture is there. Have managed to entirely avoid the airport since Premiair shut (which had some of the nicest staff anywhere and was like being on a different planet to the rest of the airport). I get working conditions are probably not good right now, but taking it out on passengers who are being polite and just trying to pass through security is not defensible in my view.
Crampedin13A, Silver Fox and SxMan like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 3:07 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by ademanuele
Am on the way to MAN for the 11.40am BA flight, what is going on?
I am on the same flight (1Aif you want to say hi)

fasttrack was fine 30 minutes ago- the rest, not so much…

Escape lounge has the BA bit open, which is near empty at the moment
Old Mar 12, 2022, 3:10 am

T1 is extremely busy, they are diverting some customers to Security B, fortunately there is a Fast Track…. Long queues otherwise. Staff I spoke to complained of staff shortages
Old Mar 12, 2022, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
I am on the same flight (1Aif you want to say hi)

fasttrack was fine 30 minutes ago- the rest, not so much…

Escape lounge has the BA bit open, which is near empty at the moment
Am in the Aspire Lounge, fast track was fine, as you say, not great if in regular queue. See you on board!
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 3:33 am
ECR

I always, maybe incorrectly, got the feeling that the difficulty in accessing with Priority Pass was more about them wanting to restrict time in the lounge so as it wouldn't cost them much as there was less time to eat or drink.

Originally Posted by xenole
Could the Escape lounge open up into the old BA space though?
From what a recall there were double doors at the back of the lounge that linked the two spaces, although they were obviously locked, so it would be easy to combine the spaces if they wanted to.

My hope is that maybe Aspire will eventually move into the BA space to provide competition as they are already at T1. For the other two closed BA domestic lounges NCL and BHD customers are being directed to Aspire. In the case of BHD Aspire took over the BA lounge space.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ECR
From what a recall there were double doors at the back of the lounge that linked the two spaces, although they were obviously locked, so it would be easy to combine the spaces if they wanted to.
Sure the BA lounge used to be the whole lot years ago before Aspire got one half.
MaxFlyer and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 5:28 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by xenole
Sure the BA lounge used to be the whole lot years ago before Aspire got one half.
The BA lounge used to cover the whole 1903, current BA and Escape lounges.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The BA lounge used to cover the whole 1903, current BA and Escape lounges.
Indeed, it was the first lounge to showcase the Terraces concept, and opened in 1998. The Escape lounge was formerly the flybe lounge, and was carved out from the BA lounge in c.2006. The 1903 lounge space was dropped from the BA lounge in 2010.

My review, from 2017: Pictorial Lounge Review: MAN British Airways Terraces Lounge

Last edited by Genius1; Mar 12, 2022 at 5:46 am
Old Mar 12, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I do remember the BA MAN Lounge being a near donut shape.

Anyone have any pictures going back to that time?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I do remember the BA MAN Lounge being a near donut shape.
Anyone have any pictures going back to that time?
You can see the donut shape in my review linked above, although by that time the Escape lounge took up around a quarter or so of the donut.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA silver
Chaos at MAN this morning. A huge queue (an hour?) to dispose of soft/abnormal bags. BA1371 delayed by the permanent shambles at “security”.
Is this the worst airport in the UK? NCL, CWL, BRS much nicer and even LHR gets it act together most times. The absolute pits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.