Old Aug 23, 2021, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Old Dec 1, 2023, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
You were clearly closer to the front than me! Ah yes it does seem that when there's an aircraft change, all preferences, seating together requests etc go out of the window.. my reassigned seat would not stay upright at all. I had to explain to the guy behind me in case he thought I was reclining unnecessarily.
It had been planned as an A319 since I booked ages ago… The only thing that happened was a swap from a BA original aircraft to one of the ex BMI ones. Not sure why this would create chaos. I was in 1F, still had to wait for the third delivery of bags to the hall to get my luggage…. Thought it wasn’t going to show up…again. I really wish that Menzies could pull their fingers out and unload and deliver the bags more quickly. It is unacceptable tbh.

PS Yes the plane was a bin, my seat was partially reclined too. I also noted speed tape being applied to the number 1 engine while boarding … bus gate as far away from T5 as possible

Last edited by CMiM; Dec 1, 2023 at 5:49 am
Old Dec 1, 2023, 5:57 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
We could do with a high speed rail link that connects Liverpool to Bradford and Leeds too 😂
Speaking as a Yorkshireman, we don't need any more train links to the hated enemy area of the Red Rose or Merseyside thank you very much

#

Passed through MAN this morning and noticed the BA staff seemed in a much happier mood compared to normal which was a pleasant change
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by CMiM
It had been planned as an A319 since I booked ages ago The only thing that happened was a swap from a BA original aircraft to one of the ex BMI ones. Not sure why this would create chaos. I was in 1F, still had to wait for the third delivery of bags to the hall to get my luggage. Thought it wasnt going to show upagain. I really wish that Menzies could pull their fingers out and unload and deliver the bags more quickly. It is unacceptable tbh.
If your Aircraft was an ex BMI aircraft as you suggest, then it will be a loose loaded aircraft, simply meaning that it will take longer to offload the aircraft than a containerised aircraft.
Bluekjp likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Good luck! But it depends. If you have booked for Christmas Day then don't book the last flight as the rate they're going you might actually depart on Boxing Day.
Booked on the last flight but depending how quickly Christmas Lunch progresses, may be an SDC to the 1720.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Sailed through security at Terminal 3 just after 8.00am on 5/12, with a cheerful security man saying ‘this way to the bar’. (Hope we didn’t look as if we needed it, although moh was a bit stressed after struggling to find the right entrance to the multi-storey car park). No bags opened or shoes removed. Mind you, they were not busy and we’re over 70, which usually leads to higher levels of politeness.

We were impressed by the Escape lounge, where there was a smiley greeting and an excellent breakfast spread, including what amounted to a bacon butty making corner, including a sparkling clean bank of full-size tomato and brown sauce bottles!

The only downside was a long wait in the boarding lounge/corridor. However, groups were boarded properly and despite the aircraft arriving at Manchester 20 minutes late, BA 1389 to LHR pulled back dead on the flight plan time. We didn’t eat breakfast, having made good use of the lounge – but menus were given out before take-off. Relaxed service with only 11 people in the five row CE. The 20-minute wait for a stand at LHR, however, meant that we only just made the transfer to Terminal 3 in time to clear security. It’s not a combination of flights we’ll be choosing in future….
Lynyrd and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 12:56 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, MB Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Got through a very busy T3 security this morning at 6am in 8 minutes and no secondary. The staff were polite addressing my passengers as sir and madam. No shouting that I could hear.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 12:59 am

Programs: Mucci! And BA Silver – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 6, Bronze 4
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Got through a very busy T3 security this morning at 6am in 8 minutes and no secondary. The staff were polite addressing my passengers as sir and madam. No shouting that I could hear.
To quote James Bond. I must be dreaming!
Old Dec 11, 2023, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Fair zoomed through MAN T3 security last week - there were no queues at all - but it was that late morning time when the big bank of Ryanair deps has gone, and there's only a handful of moves for the next 90 mins.

Boarding was a mess though, unintelligible and gabbled announcements, and groups 1-3 held queueing on the airbridge for about 10 mins while it looked like one very apologetic man tried to board about 6 non-ambulatory passengers single-handedly.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, MB Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
MAN T2 voted one of the worlds most beautiful terminals!

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/tdi...ibextid=WC7FNe

It sounds like an April Fools joke.
ademanuele and NicholasMAN like this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
I think it's come out of some MAG internal PR activity.

Of course *everyone* loves the Emperor's New Clothes!
ademanuele and NicholasMAN like this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/tdi...ibextid=WC7FNe

It sounds like an April Fools joke.
Where do you start with this, I think this was discussed earlier in the thread. To quote Arsene Wenger Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home
mjh0 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 6:38 am

It is much better than T3. Most beautiful terminal in Manchester maybe.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
It's one of twenty-four airports so named by the Prix de Versailles jury as beautifying and improving the living environment. Their words, not mine.

Prix de Versailles: the Skytrax of architecture.

Or maybe I'm being hard on the airport, and the jury. I pledge to give more attention to design, less to functionality, next time I use T2.

https://www.prix-versailles.com/_fil...c730015680.pdf
Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
On that pdf there is a long list of the World's Most beautiful Airports which doesn't make sense. How can be many most beautiful airports? its either one most beautiful or many beautiful airports. I love the list contains CMN, (Casablanca airport), I'm not entirely sure why is this on the list and if the author ever visited it or not. I can see that perhaps the world most dysfunctional airports created a company where they can award anything they want for social media?
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 3:04 am

Programs: BA silver
Cross your legs. No water at T3

Another day at T3. Security wasnt a shambles but this morning the lounge toilets (others too) are out of bounds as the water is off.
Anyone know a plumber?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.