Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BA at Manchester

MAN airport website for BA info (including security wait times): https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...itish-airways/

Terminal and check-in desks:

All BA flights depart and arrive at Terminal 3.

Departure:

Fast Track security is available, subject to usual BA rules. It works pretty well most of the time, but do check before you join the fast track lane if it's a single lane to avoid taking longer in fast track than in the normal lanes.

According to the airport, the following retail and food offerings are available in Terminal 3: World Duty Free, KFC, Lion & Antelope, Costa, WHSmith, Boots, The Nook, Kiosco and Pork & Pickle

Lounges:

The Escape Lounge in T3 is available for BA passengers. As with the previous arrangement at T3, we assume Escape will allow access along usual BA eligibility rules (class of travel and / or status), including 2 guests for GGL and Premier cardholders. The lounge is open from 04:00 and closes at 19:45 each day except Saturdays when it will close at 17:30.

Gates:

Flights typically depart from from Gate 142 or 143.

Boarding is generally prioritised by Groups.

Arrivals:

Flights land at Terminal 3. Travelex and WHSmith will be open in Terminal 3 Arrivals.

Flights tend to arrive at Gates 142 or 143, with an airbridge to the terminal. There is a flight of steps down to ground level once in the terminal.
Baggage collection is at Terminal 3
Print Wikipost

BA experience at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Grace B
Oh, I didn't realise that mask wearing was optional at MAN.

Silly me.
That's what I thought when i saw the picture.
Bet they still disembarked in small groups though
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by happeemonkee
What a sh*t show
And to add insult to injury, I checked out flight options recently for MAN>LHR and LHR>MAN and some economy fares were £400+ o/w and CE was £595 o/w. Suffice to say I'll be driving to London.

To charge £600 for a one way CE fare and offer the Escape Lounge and this shambles is disgraceful. BA need to get their act together.
happeemonkee likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:34 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by NicholasMAN
And to add insult to injury, I checked out flight options recently for MAN>LHR and LHR>MAN and some economy fares were £400+ o/w and CE was £595 o/w. Suffice to say I'll be driving to London.

To charge £600 for a one way CE fare and offer the Escape Lounge and this shambles is disgraceful. BA need to get their act together.
It's similar on the trains... The days of advanced F fares for £100 return to London seem to be over Now £400-600. And the 2 Together discount doesn't seem to show for F either.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:25 am

This is from NCL-LHR on the 14th April. Easter weekend, but some price disparities here. A lot of customers connecting to business or above?

Still 1 RFS available (9:15am £609 fare) for 16250 Avios +50p (or whatever higher cash amount).

Train fares are running at around £73 in standard / £123 in first.
Probably a better option to fly ET (or take a RFS) in this case especially if you need to be at LHR.

Manchester seems to have a £609 fares in CE that day as well, though less RFS at least in business.

Last edited by xenole; Feb 25, 2022 at 4:48 am
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
It's similar on the trains... The days of advanced F fares for £100 return to London seem to be over Now £400-600. And the 2 Together discount doesn't seem to show for F either.
I live in Huddersfield and before Avanti, there wasn't much in it between going via the WCML and ECML in getting to London both time and cost wise. Now, LNER is always cheaper regardless of when I travel or when I book.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Grace B
Oh, I didn't realise that mask wearing was optional at MAN.

Silly me.
It is optional. Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for travellers | Manchester Airport
One good thing about MAN, I guess.
KARFA likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Never Stansted
It is optional. Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for travellers | Manchester Airport
Still mandatory on board?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by CirrusDesAigles
I live in Huddersfield and before Avanti, there wasn't much in it between going via the WCML and ECML in getting to London both time and cost wise. Now, LNER is always cheaper regardless of when I travel or when I book.
Perhaps try Great Central from Brighouse?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 5:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Never Stansted
well spotted. I think that must have changed recently.

Originally Posted by xenole
Still mandatory on board?
As far as I know BA and LHR policy hasn’t changed yet so they still require face masks, albeit this is a company policy rather than one mandated by law in England or in airspace over England.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
well spotted. I think that must have changed recently.

As far as I know BA and LHR policy hasn’t changed yet so they still require face masks, albeit this is a company policy rather than one mandated by law in England or in airspace over England.
So I can walk around the airport with no mask and mingle with anyone, but have to wear one on board, and then disembark in small groups to help with Covid spread etc.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 6:38 am

So I can walk around the airport with no mask and mingle with anyone, but have to wear one on board, and then disembark in small groups to help with Covid spread etc.
Yes. You can continue to choose to wear a mask in the airport if you wish.
Never Stansted likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 11:35 am

Trying to subject "Covid" and "passenger safety" rules to logic has never worked, sadly.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:19 am

Well I guess there is one benefit arriving in to MAN on BA, avoiding this nonsense!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...rport-23216587

Pictures show hundreds of people tightly packed together as they attempt to get to passport control at the airport's Terminal One.

Holidaymakers have told the Manchester Evening News they expect to be stuck for hours.

One said the queues are currently the length of the T1 departure pier - which he estimates to be around a mile long.

Another passenger posted on Twitter claiming he'd heard a member of staff telling crew to stop telling people to depart planes arriving at the airport.

"There are far worse things happening in the world now but, I'm stood in a more than 200m queue to get into arrivals at Manchester airport," he said.

"Heard a member of staff on the phone say "you'll have to stop people getting off, there's nowhere for them to go."
Old Mar 4, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Very busy at MAN this morning (4.45am). Ten people in front of me in fast track but through in ten minutes. Long queue in the normal line.

0615 to LHR was Gate 11. Pilot said back in T3 by the end of the month.
MaxFlyer and ademanuele like this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:13 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
MAN very busy at 7am today. It took 20 minutes to get through ‘FastTrack’. Regular queue was super long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.