Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by AIKE
Update: Weird one here folks. Last month AA emailed me to see there had been a change and it was simply my LAX-JFK flight was departing an hour later, no issues.

However, I’ve went back in today to take a nosey at how filled up the Club World cabin is on my LHR-JFK flight and it is now not on my intinary.

It is AA6928 (BA115) 1 October departing 2.35pm

You can see it missing here below.

Can anyone more knowledgeable than me see if this flight is showing as cancelled?

I assume even on a restricted fare ticket a cancellation on one leg of a journey like this makes me eligible for a full refund if they cannot get me on another LHR-JFK flight on 1 October?
I’ve had exactly the same issue within the past week for a flight (also JFK - LHR but 2 Oct). In my case the flight was still showing in the BA app (and my flights on BA). I hung on a few dats to see if the flight was cancelled but it remained.

I contacted AA via Twitter - which got a quick reply (who I made the booking with) and they reinstated the exact same flight but with a new reservation number (just for the that flight).

As an aside, my flights on the BA app (and web) still show the original reservation plus the new one and I have two different seats on the same flight assigned! I’ll need to ring to sort that out but building up to it…..
Old Jul 11, 2022, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by captaincox
I’ve had exactly the same issue within the past week for a flight (also JFK - LHR but 2 Oct). In my case the flight was still showing in the BA app (and my flights on BA). I hung on a few dats to see if the flight was cancelled but it remained.

I contacted AA via Twitter - which got a quick reply (who I made the booking with) and they reinstated the exact same flight but with a new reservation number (just for the that flight).

As an aside, my flights on the BA app (and web) still show the original reservation plus the new one and I have two different seats on the same flight assigned! I’ll need to ring to sort that out but building up to it…..
I had a similar thing with the app with some upcoming flights where I had to change the AA elements. However if you go into MMB on the website it's should show your flights correctly. Also the AA flights should be ok on their app.

More than likely some more wondrous IT from BA
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:02 pm

Unfortunately lads it is missing on both the BA app and the AA apps and websites, despite it previously being on there.

BA still selling tickets for BA115 on 1 October (for £1,877 one way in economy).

I’ll call AA tomorrow and see what they say.
Cw novice likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:13 pm

Very similar (see posts upthread) to the consequences of an timing change of 4mins I had recently which did not break connecting times thus I had no need to double check the itinerary, but actually deleted a segment of the itinerary.

Although AA have not explained exactly what the issue was, synch issues AA/BA were one of the explanations given and it would seem like a recommendation is that if you get any 'time of your flight has changed' notification to check all segments are still there.

Update: just checked my next trip on AA app, 'timing change' shows, again inconsequential at first glance but instead of LAX-PHX-SEA now rerouted LAX-SEA.

Definitely something funny going on!
Boeingbumper and Toto1808 like this.

Last edited by Spongthrush; Jul 11, 2022 at 4:19 pm Reason: update
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Spongthrush
Very similar (see posts upthread) to the consequences of an timing change of 4mins I had recently which did not break connecting times thus I had no need to double check the itinerary, but actually deleted a segment of the itinerary.

Although AA have not explained exactly what the issue was, synch issues AA/BA were one of the explanations given and it would seem like a recommendation is that if you get any 'time of your flight has changed' notification to check all segments are still there.

Definitely something funny going on!
Was similar with me as regards the arrival time in LAX. Meanwhile was booked on a JFK-LAX that left before I arrived in JFK. Then was also booked on LHR-LAX direct. Got through to someone and it was sorted in 10 minutes thankfully.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:40 am

Final (hopefully) update on the BA/AA mystery -

I had one final check this morning on the AA website, but this time I had a message saying couldn't display trip contact reservations. I thought that was ominous. On the BA side of things, it still showed 6/7 flights with the LHR-JFK missing.

Got through to a very helpful AA customer service agent on the UK phone line after 20 minutes of waiting. She checked the itinerary and from what she could see at her end everything was fine schedule wise, but she couldn't understand for love nor money why the itinerary wasn't showing on the website record locator. She even tried it on the public website to double-check I wasn't entering a wrong record number. After that she put me on hold for five minutes to consult with other departments.

She came back and she said it was AA's understanding that BA115 (AA6928) will be cancelled on 1 October. Remarkably, BA is still selling tickets for this flight (one-way business class currently retailing for £7,896) at the time of writing.

The agent very helpfully rebooked me onto DUB-ORD in business and ORD-LAX in domestic first - I still get the points I need for silver and I arrive four hours earlier in LAX than originally planned.

I know some readers will question why I would want status on such a shoddy airline after this but I fly GLA/EDI-London once or twice a month and lounge access would make my work trips a lot more pleasant.

Thanks as always to Flyertalk posters for their help and advice.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by AIKE
Final (hopefully) update on the BA/AA mystery -

I had one final check this morning on the AA website, but this time I had a message saying couldn't display trip contact reservations. I thought that was ominous. On the BA side of things, it still showed 6/7 flights with the LHR-JFK missing.

Got through to a very helpful AA customer service agent on the UK phone line after 20 minutes of waiting. She checked the itinerary and from what she could see at her end everything was fine schedule wise, but she couldn't understand for love nor money why the itinerary wasn't showing on the website record locator. She even tried it on the public website to double-check I wasn't entering a wrong record number. After that she put me on hold for five minutes to consult with other departments.

She came back and she said it was AA's understanding that BA115 (AA6928) will be cancelled on 1 October. Remarkably, BA is still selling tickets for this flight (one-way business class currently retailing for £7,896) at the time of writing.

The agent very helpfully rebooked me onto DUB-ORD in business and ORD-LAX in domestic first - I still get the points I need for silver and I arrive four hours earlier in LAX than originally planned.

I know some readers will question why I would want status on such a shoddy airline after this but I fly GLA/EDI-London once or twice a month and lounge access would make my work trips a lot more pleasant.

Thanks as always to Flyertalk posters for their help and advice.
That's interesting to know as I'm on the 115 on 27/09 so will keep an eye on it. So far it's just been some AA changes that have caused the booking to go out of sync.
AIKE likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC
Pushing my luck?

Like a few on here, I've got a BUD->Hawaii trip planned leaving just after Christmas. Routing is BUD-LHR-PHL-PHX-HNL. Ticket is booked on AA. Obviously there's a good chance of further swaps and schedule changes. I've just had a seat change email for the LHR-PHL on BA. Was a 789 with old CW config, but I had 7K at the back of the mini-cabin. But it's now on a non-refurbished 77N. Also, there has been a schedule change with the flight leaving 10 minutes earlier.

So wondering if there's any chance I can use this as an opportunity to switch to an earlier AA flight to PHL then an afternoon PHL-PHX. Wasn't keen on having to overnight in PHL then a 6am departure and a potentially spicy 48 minute connection in PHX in case of winter weather in the northeast. Changing would give me a nice leisurely wakeup with no chance of missing my PHX-HNL, which is on a 789 while the next flight is on a much less appealing A321.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HiltonHonours: Gold
Hey everyone - anyone aware of any routings/offers out to Asia at the moment?

been trying the usual searches from HEL/ARN/OSL etc to BKK/SIN/KUL but not found much for a late October or early November departure for a couple weeks in J.

Ultimately we’re looking to get to Indonesia (DPS or LOP)

thanks in advance for any suggestions on routing :-)
Garethgibson94 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:05 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by ChrisTheZulu
Hey everyone - anyone aware of any routings/offers out to Asia at the moment?

been trying the usual searches from HEL/ARN/OSL etc to BKK/SIN/KUL but not found much for a late October or early November departure for a couple weeks in J.

Ultimately we’re looking to get to Indonesia (DPS or LOP)

thanks in advance for any suggestions on routing :-)
Hi Chris,

Might be best to try the AUH - CGK on UL, usually booking within 3 months allows 560 TP for around £800 (its been mentioned a few times on this thread) it still represents good value. As it stands Sri Lanka is totally safe and the airport is unaffected by any of the protests currently taking place. The only thing to consider is if your travel insurance would be valid flying in/out of Sri Lanka given the travel advisories in place.
Sifu, Toto1808 and Garethgibson94 like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Update on the DOs

Folks,

as some of you remember/know, @ISTFlyer and I were planning some DOs over the summer.

yesterday we had our pre-DO event at Istanbul and today we’re off to IST-LHR-MIA-LAX-SEA wirh overnights in London and Los Angeles.

we are planning to do something similar next summer again. So if you’re interested in a tier point run with a fun group, contact me.

I wish you all a wonderful summer and save travels

Last edited by Nephoi; Jul 13, 2022 at 8:56 am
Old Jul 13, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Nephoi
Folks,

as some of you remember/know, @ISTFlyer and I were planning some DOs over the summer.

yesterday we had our pre-DO event at Istanbul and today we’re off to IST-LHR-MIA-LAX-SEA wirh overnights in London and Los Angeles.

we are planning to do something similar next summer again. So if you’re interested in a tier point run with a fun group, contact me.

I wish you all a wonderful summer and save travels
I think this needs its own thread so we can follow the adventure!

I pulled out because plans changed and I can no longer reasonably reach GGL so I stuck to gold which was already planned elsewhere.

Safe travels, and enjoy!
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alex67500
I think this needs its own thread so we can follow the adventure!

I pulled out because plans changed and I can no longer reasonably reach GGL so I stuck to gold which was already planned elsewhere.

Safe travels, and enjoy!
we will do a full report shortly and then link it here.

You can join us next year…
salut0, Arsey00 and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:09 am

I hope someone with a bright mind and experience could help me with finding a tier point run.

It seems my company is not returning to long haul travel for a while and just doing trips in Europe. The furthest I am going is warsaw in the next 2-3 months (fairly open on dates in September) and I am trying to see if I can find something that I can combine with the BA Hols double tier points offer, so need min 5 nights away.

I thought about going from Manchester but can only seem to ticket that on the multicity tool and does not give me an option to add hotel / car to make it a holiday. Anyone have any idea of somewhere I can go via that should be able to convert to a BA holiday?

Edit : Never mind, seems MAN is working now, must have been the usual BA glitch
Garethgibson94 likes this.

Last edited by roked; Jul 14, 2022 at 4:21 am
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HiltonHonours: Gold
deleted previous as i forgot to 'quote'

Last edited by ChrisTheZulu; Jul 13, 2022 at 7:29 am Reason: deleted previous as i forgot to 'quote'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.