Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HiltonHonours: Gold
Originally Posted by RPHM2
Hi Chris,

Might be best to try the AUH - CGK on UL, usually booking within 3 months allows 560 TP for around £800 (its been mentioned a few times on this thread) it still represents good value. As it stands Sri Lanka is totally safe and the airport is unaffected by any of the protests currently taking place. The only thing to consider is if your travel insurance would be valid flying in/out of Sri Lanka given the travel advisories in place.
thank you - i will have a play - although i still need to get from the UK to AUH as a start for that but can see what we can work out and compare costs. seems that deal of ~£800 is still availble!
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Is anyone able to point me at any BA code share flight from any US city to Buenos Aires? Or any way I can find one myself?

I’ve tried the BA multi city tool from U.K. to various US cities that I can see have AA direct flights to EZE but BA website just ponders the problem for a moment before saying “error try again”. Hard to tell if that’s telling me anything useful.

Have to spend a week there before end Oct so could construct some big double tier points if I could figure out the last leg…
Old Jul 13, 2022, 9:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Splotly
Is anyone able to point me at any BA code share flight from any US city to Buenos Aires? Or any way I can find one myself?

I’ve tried the BA multi city tool from U.K. to various US cities that I can see have AA direct flights to EZE but BA website just ponders the problem for a moment before saying “error try again”. Hard to tell if that’s telling me anything useful.

Have to spend a week there before end Oct so could construct some big double tier points if I could figure out the last leg…
I assume BA don’t want to cannibalise their nonstop (or direct, if it goes somewhere else in South America first?) traffic LHR-EZE in favor of promoting a longer route through the US which would require passengers to clear US immigration. It’s probably specified in the routing rules for BA’s LON-EZE fares.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 12:15 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by salut0
I assume BA don’t want to cannibalise their nonstop (or direct, if it goes somewhere else in South America first?) traffic LHR-EZE in favor of promoting a longer route through the US which would require passengers to clear US immigration. It’s probably specified in the routing rules for BA’s LON-EZE fares.
Frustrating - BA are so much better that this tier point game than me!
Old Jul 14, 2022, 2:51 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Good deals ex-BUD to HNL

managed to find a nice routing early next year, BUD-LHR-HEL-JFK-LAX-HNL for £1488, netting a healthy 1080 Tier Points at £1.38 each. Also appears to work for routing via DFW (for a flat bed to HNL), but that would reduce your TP generation somewhat.

lsquare, Arsey00, RHWine and 6 others like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I booked via DFW as getting too old to keep going for 5 hours via LAX on a recliner seat.
efincomputer likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I booked via DFW as getting too old to keep going for 5 hours via LAX on a recliner seat.
Absolutely, and this tweak would make it a lot more pleasant (albeit at the loss of 280 TPs, but gaining some decent layover time, and the entire journey on flat beds (other than the LHR-BUD legs)

MaxFlyer and m8_rotate like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Not sure if this is of interest to anyone?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: Marriott Ti CX SL SQ KFEG
if only they have sept or early oct deals
was aiming some 5xxGBP ARN-xHEL-LIS return but it's all gone
Old Jul 14, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL, BA
Originally Posted by Splotly
Frustrating - BA are so much better that this tier point game than me!
Try AA website instead and even check First class fares as they can be cheaper than Biz on AA (and you can fly BA over Atlantic on AA code). Twice now I’ve done First (albeit to GRU not EZE) for £4700. I even got 40 bonus tier points last month when LHR-MIA was cancelled and I rerouted LHR-JFK-MIA-GRU.

I know it’s not a great points/£ rate but work was paying and saved £2000 on the business class fare!
Splotly likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
ex-DUB to USA in J

I have been looking at these fares for Sept/Oct time but see a variation in fare price. Can someone advise please if these are 60 day advance purchase. It looks like it or is it just the reduced capacity on the DUB-LON sectors. Thank you.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
Some help please, am trying to book bud-lhr-hel-jfk-lax-las for May 2023 but matrix is not returning any prices. I put bud as departure and las as arrival airport, with the desired routing in routing codes. What am I doing wrong?
Old Jul 16, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by stijnec
Some help please, am trying to book bud-lhr-hel-jfk-lax-las for May 2023 but matrix is not returning any prices. I put bud as departure and las as arrival airport, with the desired routing in routing codes. What am I doing wrong?
You can’t put more than 3 connecting airports in the “routing codes” box. You need to do this as a multi city and split up the legs.
stijnec and Toto1808 like this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by RichieMc
You can’t put more than 3 connecting airports in the “routing codes” box. You need to do this as a multi city and split up the legs.
Can you show this as a screenshot?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.