Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by mastutio
Hi all, Looking for 130TP Sat 27th to Sun 28th August. Could do the Friday evening too. Already got qualifying flights. Based in BHX so could start from LGW/LHR/MAN(or BHX) Any ideas?

Looks like best option is going to be to the Canaries with Iberia with a stop in Madrid. Would flying LGW-MAD-LPA/ACE/FUE/TFS return in Business get me 160TP if some legs on Iberia Express flights with IB flight no?
It would earn 120TP return as the Madrid to Canaries is 20TP per sector in J
mastutio and Toto1808 like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Oct 2022
OTP-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL return - 1,000 TPs (80+140+140+140 x2) - 2,404GBP
Would this earn 2,000TPs if booking via BA Holidays (1 night in JFK and 4 nights in HNL)?
Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 81romeo
Oct 2022
OTP-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL return - 1,000 TPs (80+140+140+140 x2) - 2,404GBP
Would this earn 2,000TPs if booking via BA Holidays (1 night in JFK and 4 nights in HNL)?
You may need to check the T&Cs if the 5 nights have to be consecutive at the same property.
81romeo and Toto1808 like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA Holidays must originate in the UK to qualify for double tier points.

Holidays Double Tier Points | British Airways
A “Qualifying Booking” is a British Airways Holidays booking that meets all of the following criteria:
a. The booking must be for a British Airways Holidays Flights + Hotel or Flights + Car or Flights + Hotel + Car package booking originating in the UK only and the hotel or car element of the booking must be booked for the duration of the trip.
b. British Airways flights including codeshares and British Airways marketed and/or operated flights only.
c. The booking must be made before 22 October 2022.
d. Travel is for outbound departures between 9 June 2021 and 31 October 2022 inclusive (final outbound departure date is 31 October 2022).
e. The booking must be for a stay of 5 nights or more.
f. For departures prior to 24 August 2021, the booking must be for a minimum of 2 passengers. From 24 August 2021, there is no minimum number of passengers required.
g. The participant must register their Executive Club number against their booking prior to travel.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:00 pm

Looking for 350-400 TP. Can fly in October (weekends only) or in November (can take time off work).

I'm based near DUS and can fly from DUS/FRA/LUX/BRU. Would consider both BA and IB runs.

For the last few days, I've been looking mostly at the BA holidays option to SOF combined with a rental. It comes out pretty cheap despite required pos to LHR. But I think it's too risky overall. As I can't stay the 5+ days required in October, I'd actually be forced to travel SOF-Germany and back on a separate itinerary. What if flight cancellations prevent me from going back to SOF and I'll miss the return of the rental etc. Not so good.

Any suggestions? Can either fly ex DUS/FRA/LUX/BRU or position somewhere. Cheap positioning is usually available to LON/MAD/DUB.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 2:31 pm

There’s this trip posted on the Premium Fare Deal Forum. British First: Germany to Hong Kong, Taipei or Manila from €3,513
RichieMc and Toto1808 like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
There’s this trip posted on the Premium Fare Deal Forum. British First: Germany to Hong Kong, Taipei or Manila from €3,513
While long haul First beats out Club Europe any day, it seems very expensive for a TP run. He could spend less than a third of that flying something like BRU-LHR-OTP round trip twice during the weekends to get more TP points (480 vs 440).
ffgap and Toto1808 like this.

Last edited by BR787; Jul 23, 2022 at 3:15 pm
Old Jul 23, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ffgap
Looking for 350-400 TP. Can fly in October (weekends only) or in November (can take time off work).

I'm based near DUS and can fly from DUS/FRA/LUX/BRU. Would consider both BA and IB runs.

For the last few days, I've been looking mostly at the BA holidays option to SOF combined with a rental. It comes out pretty cheap despite required pos to LHR. But I think it's too risky overall. As I can't stay the 5+ days required in October, I'd actually be forced to travel SOF-Germany and back on a separate itinerary. What if flight cancellations prevent me from going back to SOF and I'll miss the return of the rental etc. Not so good.

Any suggestions? Can either fly ex DUS/FRA/LUX/BRU or position somewhere. Cheap positioning is usually available to LON/MAD/DUB.
Maybe BRU-LHR-OTP like this:
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...SzbgWJ435ipaV7
Pay a little bit more and you don't even need to spend the night.
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...8kafPmKzBEqkp7

Here's LUX-LHR-IST on a different weekend:
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...L48hs2U446GTe8

Booking both will earn a healthy 480 TP for less than £1k total.
Smid and ffgap like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ffgap

If it helps to assuage your fear of things going pear-shaped, provided you are speaking of a car rental, and not an apartment/house rental (not sure if BAH offer them), there is ample evidence on the double TPs thread that you need not even pick up the car, in order for the double points to be credited.
ffgap likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: Centurion BA GGL IHG Diamond
I am looking to go to US west coast (LAX LAX PHX etc) and then fly to my end destination of PDX next week, maybe the week after. found some fares around £1700 each from BUD or SOF I wondered if anyone knew of some other EX-EU positions that might come in at a better price.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Komodromou
I am looking to go to US west coast (LAX LAX PHX etc) and then fly to my end destination of PDX next week, maybe the week after. found some fares around £1700 each from BUD or SOF I wondered if anyone knew of some other EX-EU positions that might come in at a better price.
In addition to the above try searching from: OTP, DUB, AMS (health warning!), CDG, HEL, OSL, ARN, FRA.

It depends on whether an airline has a local promotion on and are trying to compete in the local market.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi FT,
First time using ITA Matrix to try and find options for a TP run next year. Found this one to HNL which I know has been widely covered.

As it's my first time trying to use this I'd welcome any suggestions / comments on the route, or of course a way to make it better! Only thing I can see is a couple of the connections are long.

By my sums the below makes 920 TP's for the fare of £1,384 (£1.50 / TP)

Thanks,
jbee36

920 TP for £1384?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jbee36
Hi FT,
First time using ITA Matrix to try and find options for a TP run next year. Found this one to HNL which I know has been widely covered.

As it's my first time trying to use this I'd welcome any suggestions / comments on the route, or of course a way to make it better! Only thing I can see is a couple of the connections are long.

Thanks,
jbee36

Nice one. I am sure other HNL/Hawaii route experts will be along shortly but from my relatively limited experience of doing an ex-EU to Hawaii; I'd offer two comments. First that you should build in a reasonable connection on your outbound as you'll need to do immigration (and collect your bags if not HBO) at BOS. So that looks fine and, indeed, you will see that others have done the overnight at LAX to get the morning AA flight. But that leads to the second. The return from HNL overnight is on a recliner, which is pretty tough because of the seat and the relatively short duration (during the day it's fine .. not great but ok). I don't know enough about timings but have a look as whether AS is a possibility or even consider coming back from another island (noting you are there ~one week).
Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jbee36
Hi FT,

Thanks,
jbee36

920 TP for £1384?
The most I could optimize and ended up booking was:
BUD-LHR-HEL-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR-HEL-BUD
£1480.80 / 1080TP = £1.37/TP
Need to do multi-city in matrix as it doesn't do more than two transfer points when doing a return.

Last edited by BA707; Jul 25, 2022 at 1:55 pm
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA707
The most I could optimize and ended up booking was:
BUD-LHR-HEL-JFK-LAX-HNL-JFK-LHR-HEL-BUD
£1480.80 / 1080TP = £1.37/TP
Need to do multi-city in matrix as it doesn't do more than two transfer points when doing a return.
Is there a sector missing in the return?
HNL-LAX-JFK?
alex67500 and LCSinTexas like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.