Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott GfL
Looking for OW routing ideas for JFK-SIN (need to be there 15-19th August) to maximize TPs in J class. I have JFK-LAX-NRT-SIN return for $8100 netting 840TP. Any other ideas to better TP at or below that fare? Thanks.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by taylopet
Looking for OW routing ideas for JFK-SIN (need to be there 15-19th August) to maximize TPs in J class. I have JFK-LAX-NRT-SIN return for $8100 netting 840TP. Any other ideas to better TP at or below that fare? Thanks.
What about JFK-HEL-DEL-KUL round trip on AY and MH and then buy a separate ticket on MH to nest inside that from KUL-SIN?

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...JWiCYsPV1h9gb9
taylopet likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Honors Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Gold
Originally Posted by taylopet
You could do a routing like this but you would need to book additional repositioning flights between CGK-SIN where there are plenty of flights.

This routing works out at 1080TP. Just a bit over £2 per TP but works around your dates.

Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
AA JFK to Jakarta fare covered extensively with TP optimisations in this thread. TLDR up to 1160 TPs possible with JFK-LAX-BOS-NRT-CGK rt>
AA: JFK-BKK $2409 RT Business
taylopet and ryanbriar like this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Today I booked BUD-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL and return in March ‘23 for £1350 (920TPs).

This replaces a similar trip that was cancelled in 2020.
higham44, MaxFlyer, gcuk and 5 others like this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:34 pm

Looking for a measly 10 points as a OW flight got converted into a non-OW flight.
My initial thoughts are just a return to LUX, weekend preferred. ASAP would be better.
Wondered if someone looking for the same might have come up with a plan.
Trying to be cheap so less than <100.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:58 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by cmnmia
Looking for a measly 10 points as a OW flight got converted into a non-OW flight.
My initial thoughts are just a return to LUX, weekend preferred. ASAP would be better.
Who converted your OW flight into non-OW, was it the original OW airline or your/your company's self-initiated change?

If the former, you wouldn't need a run:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...r-s-guide.html
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by BA Humbug
Who converted your OW flight into non-OW, was it the original OW airline or your/your company's self-initiated change?

If the former, you wouldn't need a run:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...r-s-guide.html
Thank you for the suggestion, but to be honest, it's a bit of a mess.
Ticket was cancelled after check-in for an IB operated and marketed flight, by LATAM.
And then they put me on one of their flights 12 hours later. IB taking no responsibility at all (SCL-MAD).
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Just out of curiosity, pre-COVID, were there any TP-run opportunities out of HKG?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:40 am

Programs: ASLEF
Originally Posted by cmnmia
Round trip to Dublin for ~£45.92 in November?
Speebird Online shows the cheapest fares here.
boonkoh, cmnmia and Toto1808 like this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by TrainDriverSparky
Round trip to Dublin for ~£45.92 in November?
Speebird Online shows the cheapest fares here.
What a stunning website! Is it yours? Fantastic resource and didn’t know about it.
TrainDriverSparky likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: ASLEF
Originally Posted by salut0
What a stunning website! Is it yours? Fantastic resource and didn’t know about it.
Sadly not. It is rather brilliant though.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Not on BA metal. But HKG - TPE return in Y then TPE KUL on MH in J could throw up some decent costs per point

IIRC HKG CGK in Y & J on CX could be decent too.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
When I search (ITA matrix tool) for LHR-LAX-HNL it returns results for BA code shares on both legs, but if I try adding a connection in JFK then it doesn’t seem to find any BA code shares for the LAX-HNL leg (even if I tell it the specific BA flight number for the code share from the first set of results)…

Trying to work out if I’ve entered something in the search wrong, whether BA might only offer some code share flights if/if-not other flights are part of that booking, the ITA tool simply didn’t find the flight or hates me for other reasons, or ???

(Related / context question - I’m trying to find large tier point trips that qualify for the double tier points scheme - and something like LHR-HEL-JFK-LAX is the best I seem to be able to find. Anyone find anything with more tier points: ie starting in U.K., departing before end Oct and all on BA?)
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Splotly
When I search (ITA matrix tool) for LHR-LAX-HNL it returns results for BA code shares on both legs, but if I try adding a connection in JFK then it doesn’t seem to find any BA code shares for the LAX-HNL leg (even if I tell it the specific BA flight number for the code share from the first set of results)…

Trying to work out if I’ve entered something in the search wrong, whether BA might only offer some code share flights if/if-not other flights are part of that booking, the ITA tool simply didn’t find the flight or hates me for other reasons, or ???

(Related / context question - I’m trying to find large tier point trips that qualify for the double tier points scheme - and something like LHR-HEL-JFK-LAX is the best I seem to be able to find. Anyone find anything with more tier points: ie starting in U.K., departing before end Oct and all on BA?)
It's an IT glitch that ITA Matrix wouldn't show 2 consecutive BA codeshare flights within the USA.

It's possible to book JFK-LAX followed by LAX-HNL both on BA codeshares but ITA Matrix wouldn't replicate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.