FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

BA announces Avios partnership with Nectar

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2023, 5:31 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by ratechaser
As a Caffé Nero regular, I've stopped converting my points to Avios (and I've kept the 50,000 Nectar points that I converted over just before the last devaluation). I'm currently getting well over >1p per Nectar point based on using 350 points per drink at Nero.

So as long as that offer continues, Nectar is a better day to day program for me. Especially as I'm collecting about 6-700 bonus points per week.
Sadly, Caffe Nero is one of many otherwise well known High Street names that my town seems to not be able to host. Now, if I could spend Nectar Points at the local Hospice Charity Shop, I'd be all over that.

We've got a Greggs, though, and KLM flies from our local airport.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
I accidentally converted Avois to Nectar in the Nectar app when I was trying to convert Nectar to Avios... is there a way to cancel/reverse?

Tried calling Nectar but they're not open after 5pm on a Friday...

Tried calling BAEC, "sorry we're taking more calls than usual and can't put you through to anyone right now" *line disconnects*

Last edited by LondonAussie; Aug 4, 2023 at 11:10 am
Old Aug 7, 2023, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Nectar Connect Closing

Just received this email from Nectar (UK relevant)
Hey John, We wanted to let you know that Nectar Connect is coming to an end on 27 October – this is the last date you can collect points on Nectar Connect offers.

For more information please visit our FAQs Best regards,
The Nectar Team
Nothing more in the FAQs. The Nectar Connection section seems to have disappeared from the app already. Shame really, I've collected quite a few points via connect.

You can still add offers via this link https://www.nectar.com/nectar-connect

Last edited by johnny5a; Aug 7, 2023 at 4:33 am Reason: Added extra link
Old Aug 7, 2023, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by johnny5a
The Nectar Connection section seems to have disappeared from the app already.
So with that link gone you cannot activate any new offers or check what's currently active, it is effectively useless from today.
SxMan likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 3:14 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
I had the same email and its gone off the homepage on the website version too

However, use your history search on whatever browser you use and get to it that way - I have even got two new ones today, so its not entirely finished yet...
johnny5a likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Originally Posted by IJN Harekaze
I had the same email and its gone off the homepage on the website version too

However, use your history search on whatever browser you use and get to it that way - I have even got two new ones today, so its not entirely finished yet...
Thanks I've found the link with 3 offers to add! I've updated my post with the link
Old Sep 1, 2023, 5:12 am

No more nectar points from 14th sept, for adding the code from the back of the daily mail
fartoomanyusers and AJA_ like this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 9:09 am

Just had this email sent to me, may interest some folk on here
Old Sep 7, 2023, 9:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I'll pass on this 'paper'.
dddc, BA or bust, stifle and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 11:42 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Sainsbury's offers

I usually get my offers (bonus nectar points on items) on a Friday and are valid for 7 days, so are still valid the following Friday if unused

Just opened the app and the unused offers from last week have gone and today's fresh offers only valid for 6 more days :-(
Old Sep 7, 2023, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Delboy65
I usually get my offers (bonus nectar points on items) on a Friday and are valid for 7 days, so are still valid the following Friday if unused

Just opened the app and the unused offers from last week have gone and today's fresh offers only valid for 6 more days :-(
Me too
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 11:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Cartafreccia Oro
Originally Posted by Delboy65

My offers appear on a Tuesday so I thought that’s when everyone’s appeared. I’ve just checked and they now run until Monday so there’s no longer the day when you have both lots of offers.

As for the Daily Mail promotion you’re effectively buying Avios for 0.8p and may also get some other Nectar bonuses before the partnership ends. It’s not enough to tempt me into subscribing to that rag, but if you do need the points you can at least feel happy in the knowledge that this promotion is a loss leader and as long as you remember to cancel you’re unlikely to be contributing to their profits.
britbronco22 and Delboy65 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 12:55 am

It seems to have changed on Wednesday. My offers change over on a Wednesday and last weeks were still showing as expiring on Wednesday as I used one of them but the new ones expire on Tuesday next.

The Nectar prices using smart shop which show on the app are also now showing the same. My new ones land on a Friday and these all expire next Thursday.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 1:42 am

Avios to nectar in error

Originally Posted by LondonAussie
I accidentally converted Avois to Nectar in the Nectar app when I was trying to convert Nectar to Avios... is there a way to cancel/reverse?

Tried calling Nectar but they're not open after 5pm on a Friday...

Tried calling BAEC, "sorry we're taking more calls than usual and can't put you through to anyone right now" *line disconnects*

I did this last year. Spoke to both BA and Nectar - submitted complaint - answer each time to convert back in app and lose some avios as “your error”
Old Sep 9, 2023, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by g888
I did this last year. Spoke to both BA and Nectar - submitted complaint - answer each time to convert back in app and lose some avios as “your error”
yes that was pretty much my experience too.

I sent an online request to BA to halt the transfer, they eventually responded that they can’t stop it and suggested to contact to Nectar.

Raised it with Nectar and they of course said the only option is to wait for the points to arrive and then transfer back and accept the loss. They then gave me 200 nectar points as “goodwill” to cover my loss of 8000 Avois….

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.