FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

BA announces Avios partnership with Nectar

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by AviationMoose
I've had the same, and I think you're right. The amount removed is half the bonus added in August, which I remember thinking seemed... high based on my usual spend. So yes, it seems they awarded x2 points by mistake, rather than x1 extra points. Still a bit mean, mind.
Originally Posted by AJA_
This is the same for me. I think it was supposed to be double points on shopping at Sainsburys for 30days after converting at least 400NP to Avios. Seems they may have meant the usual Nectar thing of double points means the same number of NP as the base transactions. But separately, the day before yesterday I had a mystery number of points added which had the text "Sainsbury's email bonus points" so thus far I am up.
I did send a question to Nectar on Saturday what was up with the clawback. They just got back to me with "We have checked your query and it appears that a points reversal for exactly half the amount that was given on 12/08/2022. For further investigation, we would request you to get in touch with the BA team directly at 01244120715.".

I think that's the generic BA phone number... I'm not going to join that queue.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Traveller 935
I did send a question to Nectar on Saturday what was up with the clawback. They just got back to me with "We have checked your query and it appears that a points reversal for exactly half the amount that was given on 12/08/2022. For further investigation, we would request you to get in touch with the BA team directly at 01244120715.".

I think that's the generic BA phone number... I'm not going to join that queue.
Ah, thanks. No, it's not worth it for £3 worth of Nectar points, but then, equally, it's not worth a reversal on BA's part for £3 worth of Nectar points. Just makes them look petty.
Traveller 935 and Fatdickie like this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 6:28 am

First time I’ve received on offer for alcohol😁
yellow_peril and Fatdickie like this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
^^

I get them frequently for their own brand ales, which are actually pretty nice.
yellow_peril and Fatdickie like this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by Mordac
^^

I get them frequently for their own brand ales, which are actually pretty nice.
Wish I did 🤔
mwp1 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by mwp1
First time I’ve received on offer for alcohol😁
You saint! I have one/two a week
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Traveller 935
Had points removed yesterday as well. The number doesn't match any other transaction but it's exactly 50% of the BA bonus reward that was added to the account on August 12th.

Was there same double points promo running in June/July and if so what were the conditions?
I lost 210 which was half of the 420 I received the previous month.

It's not worth the palaver to me to chase down.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:16 am

Saw this on HfP - Avios to Nectar conversion rate devalued!

Looks like bad news for those converting into Nectar from Avios but it isn't all bad as Nectar to Avios rate remains the same. Although I do wonder how long it'll last as I can't imagine those at Sainsbury's / Nectar are very happy with how this has played out.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by HeyUpDuck
Saw this on HfP - Avios to Nectar conversion rate devalued!

Looks like bad news for those converting into Nectar from Avios but it isn't all bad as Nectar to Avios rate remains the same. Although I do wonder how long it'll last as I can't imagine those at Sainsbury's / Nectar are very happy with how this has played out.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...20-nectar.html

It has also been discussed here 👆
HeyUpDuck likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Do check your offers on the nectar app.. this one appeared on mine earlier (but too late to use on the morning shop which would have qualified)

Old Nov 18, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Just checked my app. Two offers - spend £40 in-store and get triple nectar points and spend £120 online and get triple nectar points. Both valid for 6 days.

I had a £130 delivery this morning, damn it!
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Thanks to those above for pointing this out. I just checked my app and I have £4 off for spending £40 in store valid for the next 6 days.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 4:37 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
My offer is £3 off £20 ... which probably says something about the size of my average shop !
Old Nov 19, 2022, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got 3x points when I spend £20, although I generally spend a few £ on my bonus offers.
Have got a 1000 points for a £30 spend on clothing and my mother got 750 on a £20 spend. Possibly combinable.
Did find a couple of 300 points for a £7 clothing spend yesterday, so if all 4 work, nice
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 10:54 am

Anyone who has experienced changing avios to nectar, how long does it take , I done one maybe 2 hours back and still waiting for them to transfer.

had an email about conversion success , but still nothing in nectar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.