Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

BA announces Avios partnership with Nectar

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
First rule of flight club is that you always keep enough points in reserve in case of last minute travel needs, where 4500 Avios can save you £200.
fartoomanyusers and Fatdickie like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by Raffles
First rule of flight club is that you always keep enough points in reserve in case of last minute travel needs, where 4500 Avios can save you £200.
Shouldn't that figure be 4750 Avios since the devaluation?
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 2:42 pm

I got this email earlier don’t know if it is targeted to certain or everyone

Old Mar 26, 2022, 2:42 am

Vanished points@

So i converted points from Necta to Avios
and transaction..points appeared and disappeared on same day!

Not gone back in Nectar account either

Old Mar 30, 2022, 11:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I got a bonus this morning of +241 points for British Airways. Has appeared on the same day as my auto-convert.
Not sure what they're for, unless there was some bonus or prize for converting?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by xenole
I got a bonus this morning of +241 points for British Airways. Has appeared on the same day as my auto-convert.
Not sure what they're for, unless there was some bonus or prize for converting?
I just logged on and found +634 points, it just says 'British Airways' too. I've no idea what it means or why I got it, but I'll take it.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Are these prizes from the draw if you auto converted N to Av in Feb??
Old Mar 31, 2022, 3:13 pm

This is the double nectar points for switching your account to auto convert in february.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Every single week for the past 3 months I've had an offer for 500 bonus points for filling up a minimum of 25 litres with Esso Synergy+ 99 - the offer keeps returning week after week. As I commute 300 miles per week it's pretty easy to buy 25 litres per week from Esso (and the rest from cheaper supermarket forecourts!). My local Esso's premium unleaded is around 10p/litre more than a supermarket, so I reckon I've paid £30 for 6000 bonus Avios (£0.10 x 25L x 12 weeks). At the very worst that's £48 in Nectar points so a net win.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:28 am

I got a double points till spit earlier for £45+ of petrol.

Offers on the app we're pretty good as well. Second time in 3 weeks. Usually just once a month a get more than 70-80 points (unless this week is the good lot for April!).

Esso for me is running about 8p/litre more than Sainsbury, so mearly £4.50 more to fill up.
My mother has a 500 points offer on her app, but 250-310 Avios isn't great value at £4.50 or so.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Briggykins
I just logged on and found +634 points, it just says 'British Airways' too. I've no idea what it means or why I got it, but I'll take it.
That was the double points bonus until the end of Feb for auto conversion.

Don’t turn off auto conversion yet though, you still need an auto conversion in May to qualify for the prize draw which takes place in July.
Briggykins likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TAP Gold, Hilton Diamond
I've just got the following email from Nectar and it looks like Sainsbury's are runnng an improved version of the former Double Up offer. If I understand it correctly, you'll be able to redeem up to 10,000 points for a £100 Sainsbury's voucher, instead of the usual £50, and the voucher can be redeemed in-store or online on all products (with the usual exemptions).

It tells me to redeem my points in the Nectar app, but I can't see any mention of the offer there, I'll keep an eye out for it tomorrow. There's still plenty of time before 4th May.

Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by MatJarosz
I've just got the following email from Nectar and it looks like Sainsbury's are runnng an improved version of the former Double Up offer. If I understand it correctly, you'll be able to redeem up to 10,000 points for a £100 Sainsbury's voucher, instead of the usual £50, and the voucher can be redeemed in-store or online on all products (with the usual exemptions).

It tells me to redeem my points in the Nectar app, but I can't see any mention of the offer there, I'll keep an eye out for it tomorrow. There's still plenty of time before 4th May.
Try updating the App, it wasn't showing in mine until I did so.

Also it appears that they've buggered up and only offering "up to" 100% increase in value despite the email having no mention of that in the t&c, I have an offer of 50% the same as pretty much everyone else by the amount of complaints online.
Old May 2, 2022, 1:31 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
January prize draw Ts&Cs

The terms read that the offer period runs from "Feb through to May"
I assume that means we have to maintain the auto transfer running until 1st June?
Old May 2, 2022, 1:52 am

That "big points spend" thing never appeared for myself or on my mother's account. Well, it flashed up on my app during a trial a month or two ago, for a short period (an hour or so?), but that was it.
I do auto-convert my points every Monday evening to Avios, so that's possibly why for me, but my mother just spends hers in store once or twice a year.

Have to say, I've had decent bonus points on shopping for 3 weeks in a row now. Usually just once every 4 weeks. Either something has changed, or spending zero whilst I was on holiday has changed something (temporarily).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.