Old Jan 24, 2021, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

BA announces Avios partnership with Nectar

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:14 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Have you tried updating your app? Some people have been advised by Nectar to do that, so it might be worth it...

Thanks to a handy x3 offer over a £50 spend, I can get this in the bag easily
Old Nov 3, 2023, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got 20 offers giving 1100 points this week. Probably around £20-£25 for the lot, and maybe a little cheaper if some things reduced. Would easily complete the first target of 1000 points.

Sure 3 offers remaining from what I had from last week are still showing today. Normally end on Thursday before the new offers appear at midnight.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:35 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by IJN Harekaze
Thanks to a handy x3 offer over a £50 spend, I can get this in the bag easily
I had the 3x offer but they only gave me 2x points. Would be interested to know if the same happens to others.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
350 bonus Avios still missing

Originally Posted by A13
Same here, +532 bonus posted.

Also noticed a 350 Avios bonus for converting at least 1,200 nectar points by 2nd October.

I was chasing Nectar for my missing bonus Avios ... and they tried to tell me to contact BA ... but when I sent them this screenshot ... they finally admitted it was a Nectar promotion!

Thank you for posting the screenshot
Old Nov 3, 2023, 3:12 pm

Same from me...

I haven't had that despite converting nearly twice the required amount in the period indicated - think I'll chase them up
Old Nov 4, 2023, 7:23 am

Tried to edit my above post but for some reason the edit button will not budge

Anyway, sent a twitter message to Nectar, explained the situation and after the standard confirmation tests, confirmed I should have been awarded it and have added it - points to arrive within 24 hours
Old Nov 4, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
I had the 3x offer but they only gave me 2x points. Would be interested to know if the same happens to others.
I get the same thing. It's actually a bit of a swizz. The way those 3x Nectar points for spending over £50 offers work is that it is actually counting the base spend as well so it is effectively 2 x bonus points on top of the base spend. So if you spend £51 you will get 51 base NP + 102 bonus = 153NP in total.

If you get a 2 x Nectar point offer then you will get the NP on the base spend and then the same amount as a bonus.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by xenole
I need to get 3 x 1000 points to get the 3 x 1000 point bonuses.
Should be easy to do in 5 weeks if my offers are decent. Easy 6000 points / 3750 Avios for maybe £30-£60 of shopping that I would do anyway. More there than 10 domestic / European flights
I also have to get 3x1000 points. Got more than a 1000 from this week's shopping, but somehow only 697 counted towards the challenge.
So if only random points are eligible it is going to be a challenge
Old Nov 5, 2023, 3:28 am

Report it - points get sorted fairly quickly in past experience
Old Nov 5, 2023, 4:10 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by IJN Harekaze
Tried to edit my above post but for some reason the edit button will not budge

Anyway, sent a twitter message to Nectar, explained the situation and after the standard confirmation tests, confirmed I should have been awarded it and have added it - points to arrive within 24 hours
when I initially raised it the Nectar agent (online chat) thought I was looking for missing Nectar points rather than missing Avios!
the Nectar staff often seem confused when you raise an issue - I wonder if they work for multiple companies at the same time?
Old Nov 5, 2023, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by flyslow
I also have to get 3x1000 points. Got more than a 1000 from this week's shopping, but somehow only 697 counted towards the challenge.
So if only random points are eligible it is going to be a challenge
Mine have all been added. Bonus points and normal base points.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, AAdvantage
I still haven't got the 'Count up to Christmas' promotion on my app.

I've tried on 4 different devices including uninstalling & reinstalling the app. I contacted Nectar & they said they had spotted an anomaly in my account which they rectified & advised that I should reinstall & try again. It still doesn't appear. So I contacted them again & now they're telling me it's a targeted promotion so I'm not currently eligible. I thought it was automatically open to everyone? Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:47 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by Mr_Toad
I still haven't got the 'Count up to Christmas' promotion on my app.

I've tried on 4 different devices including uninstalling & reinstalling the app. I contacted Nectar & they said they had spotted an anomaly in my account which they rectified & advised that I should reinstall & try again. It still doesn't appear. So I contacted them again & now they're telling me it's a targeted promotion so I'm not currently eligible. I thought it was automatically open to everyone? Has anyone else experienced this?
No such promotion visible on my app
Old Nov 6, 2023, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Delboy65
No such promotion visible on my app
I had no idea it was targeted, I thought it was open to everyone.

Oh well, I'll take my business elsewhere & keep an eye on the share price to see how much it plummets now without my £10-ish a week propping them up 🤣
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 7:31 am

I got my first "Countdown to Christmas" bonus today. The 1000 bonus points appeared at the same time as the bonus points for my shop a few minutes earlier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.